• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
I've been searching the forums and the net. I can't seem to find a program that allows me to change the Pokemon sprites in Red and Blue. I have pokemap, but that only allows for map editing. Does anybody know if said program even exists?

Prof.Redwood

Researcher
Years
Kinda a weird question.. Say a Flashcard has two GBA roms on it.. is it possible to access another save file and view info from it inside a adv (R/S/E/FR/LG) rom.. kinda like D/P how it reads the slot2 gba savs to upload to palpark.. except I wanna read another sav file inside the same cart

I just want to make a little feature in a hack that says something like "Your correspondent is doing well in [Region name], they currently have Charmeleon, Pidgeot, Alakazam, Dratini, and Articuno on their team."

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I want to get std.rbh, does anyone know where i can get it?

This comes with Elite Map.

Kinda a weird question.. Say a Flashcard has two GBA roms on it.. is it possible to access another save file and view info from it inside a adv (R/S/E/FR/LG) rom.. kinda like D/P how it reads the slot2 gba savs to upload to palpark.. except I wanna read another sav file inside the same cart

I just want to make a little feature in a hack that says something like "Your correspondent is doing well in [Region name], they currently have Charmeleon, Pidgeot, Alakazam, Dratini, and Articuno on their team."

You can't make your game view the save game's info.

Years
hai, just wanted to know if it's possible to change what pokemons are in a team, this isn't for a hack, only for myself.
i have a geodude that i want to change into some other pokemon. where in the hex is the pokemon, stats, abilities? and is it stored in the save files? (playing on an emulator)

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2007

The game already kinda does that. If you have a pokemon in the daycare centre when you link with a trainer then any pokemon they have in their daycare centre will be able to send you mail!

I've seen this happen. Don't know how it works though!
It was a feature added in for the wireless connections supported in the game.

duncanrcook

Excellent!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 20, 2012
i see this question's been asked but doesn't seem to have been answered...
how do you move the location of the moving truck or completely take it out so you start in your house like in leaf green, fire red, etc.?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
I've been searching the forums and the net. I can't seem to find a program that allows me to change the Pokemon sprites in Red and Blue. I have pokemap, but that only allows for map editing. Does anybody know if said program even exists?

My question still hasn't been answered. Just reminding anybody that I'd still appreciate their help.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Innagadadavida said:

Hmm..there is no program to this day, but I have seen people(expert Red Hackers)struggle with this problem for years, but still no luck. You could search in TLP but they could be decompressed.

King Mario

Hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2010
I has trouble when I uses EliteMap to edit in Pokémon Emerald. When I has choosed LEvel it always says ''Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range''. What should I do?

zeon9881

Moderater jr.
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2007
yeaaa i know this sounds like a stupid question but should i buy pokemon emerald before i buy diamond

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
King Mario said:
I has trouble when I uses EliteMap to edit in Pokémon Emerald. When I has choosed LEvel it always says ''Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range''. What should I do?

Try using AdvanceMap instead of EliteMap as Emerald does not appear to work with it.

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
4th gen pokes

Can anybody help with the putting 4th gen pokemon on my FireRed cause I got Pokepic

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
2 questions:

01 in the lg/fr games, the intro sprites of the hero, heroine, prof and rival are screwed up in unlz (the colors since it seems they have two palletes i'm guessing)
how can i go about editing them?
02 is there anyway to edit what a pokeball does?
i want to replace the dive ball with the heavy ball from the gsc games
i know how to edit what it looks like, but how can i edit the actual effects? (changing criteria for increasing capture rate)

zeon9881

Moderater jr.
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2007
I suggest downloading Unlz-gba, which can be found by downloading EliteMap, and then you should try following this tutorial, revamping it, to fit your needs

:)
Good Luck.

whats pokepic haw do i put 4th gen pokemon on my leaf green,

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
pokepic is a tool that comes with elitemap.
To put the 4th gen pokemon in your game, you will need to either make of find their sprites (remember to give credit!)and then follow Scizz's tutorial! (the link earthsvisitor provided)

Hope this helps!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
2 questions:

01 in the lg/fr games, the intro sprites of the hero, heroine, prof and rival are screwed up in unlz (the colors since it seems they have two palletes i'm guessing)
how can i go about editing them?
02 is there anyway to edit what a pokeball does?
i want to replace the dive ball with the heavy ball from the gsc games
i know how to edit what it looks like, but how can i edit the actual effects? (changing criteria for increasing capture rate)

1. It would depend on the palette you are using, it should basically be the same colour as the palette you replaced.

2. I am sure the effect can be editted by finding the capturing motion of the Dive Ball in unlz.gba. The capture rate I believe might not be able to be changed, but you can edit the text to say the same as what the Heavy Ball has on GSC.

zeon9881 said:
whats pokepic haw do i put 4th gen pokemon on my leaf green,

Pokepic is a tool that can edit R/S in-battle sprites.

You can put 4th generation Pokemon in using Unlz.gba, the Pokemon Sprites are usually found in the 100's-1000's. Also you need to have them indexed and they need to use the same colour as the ones you replace over.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Hi
I need some serious help with advance map and a few other things.
Questions:
1. im making a crystal remake on a leaf green rom.I mapped new bark town over one isle and the heros house upstairs and downstars over the big pokemon centre but when i play the hack i can move perfectly upstairs but when i go dowstairs the character walks up about 2 squares and right 4 squares and starts talking with an invisable bill a celio.This happens all over this map. Any help would be geat for this

2. i tried mapping the heros house on pallet towns hero house and named them new bark town but it names the pallet town map new bark town as well and i want it to stay as pallet town but it wont work. please help.

3. I need a way to look at existing scripts so that i can learn how to script well but i dont know how to find them in a rom.
Help would be great.

4. i need to know how to insert maps in advance map that WORK!!
help please.

5. can someone tell me what the unknown means in a warp on advance map please.

thats it. Please can you help me with my problems.

Link

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back