• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainers

Years
  • Age 56
  • Seen May 19, 2017
Interested to know which Trainers people are using/planning to use from S&M onwards.

Also, if you had to only use S&M onwards which would become your 'staples'.

Obviously some are deck/style specific but interested to know, especially for Dark decks.

Thanks in advance.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Interested to know which Trainers people are using/planning to use from S&M onwards.

Also, if you had to only use S&M onwards which would become your 'staples'.

Obviously some are deck/style specific but interested to know, especially for Dark decks.

Thanks in advance.

Post Su/Mo only you'd see Lillie, Kukui, Hala, Mallow, Nest Ball, the hammers, Energy Switch, Choice Band, Swtich, Aqua Patch, Rare Candy, Ultra Ball, Field Blower etc

But for the overall format, all of the above will be widely used alongside N, Sycamore, Hex Maniac, Delinquent, Lysandre, max Elixir, Float Stone, Olympia etc.

There are no "type based" trainers for dark right now, but decks like Speed Darkrai use EXP share, max elixirs, Energy Switch, Escape Rope etc

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Thanks for the replies, will look into those cards.
Quoted the wrong post again, but in reply to the dark thing:

Your trainer line, rather than being based on type (bar Aqua Patch or similar), should be based on style. For example, if you are playing a deck that uses a large amount of non-Tapu Lele Basics, run Nest Ball. If you are running a deck that needs a ton of Double Colorless Energy like Vespiquen, run Special Charge to recover it. If you are running a deck with Stage 2s that isn't Grass-typed, of course you should run Rare Candy.

I wouldn't worry about planning for a SM-on format anytime soon, most likely that won't happen until September 2019.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
If you are running a deck that needs a ton of Double Colorless Energy like Vespiquen, run Special Charge to recover it..

Oh that reminds me, Energy loto can be really helpful for DCE/DDE heavy decks

Back