• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Incineroar GX idea

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
* 4 Oricorio (not out in TCG yet)
* 4 Litten SUM 24
* 4 Torracat SUM 25
* 4 Incineroar-GX SUM 27
* 4 Volcanion STS 25
* 1 Volcanion-EX STS 26

* 4 Max Potion BKP 103
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Heavy Boots BKT 141
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 4 Sky Field ROS 89
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 4 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Town Map BKP 150

##Energy - 9

* 8 Fire Energy Energy

Total Cards - 60

Just a little something I'm thinking of getting that could be relatively cheap. I'm liking the look of making Incineroar GX really fat (Heavy boots raises it's HP to 270 and can't be confused which is a nice bonus).

Just a little unsure on if anything else is needed/should be switched out before I start making purchases on cards not in the Incineroar line. Maybe Choice Band? Volcanion EX is primarily for the mirror and can get an extra crucial 3 Damage Counters on. Quite a low Energy Count compared to what I'm normally used too, not sure how best to add Energy quickly back from the Discard pile (maybe Fishing Rods?)

I'm aware that Oricorio isn't out yet so wouldn't know what to replace it with for the time being. I'm also a little unsure on Kukui's. Maybe a one of line of Vulpix/Ninetales to keep Sky Garden in play?

Also a tad unsure on the best one of counter for Araquanid...

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Online now
* 4 Oricorio (not out in TCG yet)
* 4 Litten SUM 24
* 4 Torracat SUM 25
* 4 Incineroar-GX SUM 27
* 4 Volcanion STS 25
* 1 Volcanion-EX STS 26

* 4 Max Potion BKP 103
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Heavy Boots BKT 141
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 4 Sky Field ROS 89
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 4 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Town Map BKP 150

##Energy - 9

* 8 Fire Energy Energy

Total Cards - 60

Just a little something I'm thinking of getting that could be relatively cheap. I'm liking the look of making Incineroar GX really fat (Heavy boots raises it's HP to 270 and can't be confused which is a nice bonus).

Just a little unsure on if anything else is needed/should be switched out before I start making purchases on cards not in the Incineroar line. Maybe Choice Band? Volcanion EX is primarily for the mirror and can get an extra crucial 3 Damage Counters on. Quite a low Energy Count compared to what I'm normally used too, not sure how best to add Energy quickly back from the Discard pile (maybe Fishing Rods?)

I'm aware that Oricorio isn't out yet so wouldn't know what to replace it with for the time being. I'm also a little unsure on Kukui's. Maybe a one of line of Vulpix/Ninetales to keep Sky Garden in play?

Also a tad unsure on the best one of counter for Araquanid...

Drop Volcy EX, 2x baby Volcanion, 2x Oricorio and 1x Torracat. Volcy EX serves no purpose here as it only powers up basics and will just be Lysandre bait. Put in 2x Scorched Earth (great for getting fire into your discard for baby Volc + gives extra draw support) Turtontaor GX could also be a great shout as for a DCE it allows massive stalling and it's GX attack allows you to claim five fire energy back from your discard and attach any way you like. You definitely don't need 4x Skyla (x2 at most). 4x VS Seeker or 4x Puzzle Of Time are much more needed in the current climate. Torkoal from SM is a good shout too as it's a cheap burn, a non EX/GX basic with 110 HP and can benefit from Heavy Boots too. You can only have a max of 8 benched. Between 2 Baby Volcs, 2 Oricorio, 2 Turtonators, 2 Torkoal and 4 Incineroar you should be laughing.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Online now
As for Araquanid, I can promise almost 100% no one will be playing this, if they are, hex Maniac is your friend.

Your biggest threats are Waterbox, Delinquent, Parallel City and Lapras right now.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Drop Volcy EX, 2x baby Volcanion, 2x Oricorio and 1x Torracat. Volcy EX serves no purpose here as it only powers up basics and will just be Lysandre bait. Put in 2x Scorched Earth (great for getting fire into your discard for baby Volc + gives extra draw support) Turtontaor GX could also be a great shout as for a DCE it allows massive stalling and it's GX attack allows you to claim five fire energy back from your discard and attach any way you like. You definitely don't need 4x Skyla (x2 at most). 4x VS Seeker or 4x Puzzle Of Time are much more needed in the current climate. Torkoal from SM is a good shout too as it's a cheap burn, a non EX/GX basic with 110 HP and can benefit from Heavy Boots too. You can only have a max of 8 benched. Between 2 Baby Volcs, 2 Oricorio, 2 Turtonators, 2 Torkoal and 4 Incineroar you should be laughing.

Thanks for the feedback!

So are you saying run Scorched Earth and Sky Field? I can see why the draw power would be good (and lack the means of getting Shaymin EX) but wouldn't it be clunky having both?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Online now
Thanks for the feedback!

So are you saying run Scorched Earth and Sky Field? I can see why the draw power would be good (and lack the means of getting Shaymin EX) but wouldn't it be clunky having both?

You don't need Skyfield out early on so you can risk dropping to 2-3 of them. In my Lapras deck I run 4 rough seas and 1 parallel, it's not as clunky as you'd expect and given the high playrate of Delinquent you'll be going through more stadiums than you might think. Draw support is crucial in this game right now and without Shaymin you're going to want to take whatever speedboosts you can. Turtonator and Scorched Earth would be a great combo to slow down your opponent, speed up your draw rate and set up your bench.

Back