• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Platinum Deluxe

Should Pokémon, that originally evolved by Happiness, Evolve by Level now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Ah, I should have said "right under the Hikers". I didn't get a chance to play today yet since I'm not at home, so I haven't found any new bugs yet.

EDIT: Wait, I remember something! The gym leaders you've replaced with Battle Frontier members WILL NOT give you any prize money. . . simply put.

EDIT: I made a [crappy] userbar.
34nm6wi.png
It's my first
D: <

EDIT:You need like a log on where to find all the Pokemon that you've added to the routes. xD I'm really looking for a Growlithe!

EDIT: So I was re-tracing my steps and went into the ravaged path then out to head to Eterna Forest when this happened before I entered Floaroama:
289ha9f.jpg

Last edited:

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
How High will the levels go? i.e 8th Gym & E4?

Well, I'm not sure about that yet. The last thing I did was editing the 5th Gym.
I can tell you that the 5th Gym has Pokémon around Level 45, so that's quite a big improvement, yes. Still, the game is not TOO hard imo.

Ah, I should have said "right under the Hikers". I didn't get a chance to play today yet since I'm not at home, so I haven't found any new bugs yet.

EDIT: Wait, I remember something! The gym leaders you've replaced with Battle Frontier members WILL NOT give you any prize money. . . simply put.

EDIT: I made a [crappy] userbar.
34nm6wi.png
It's my first
D: <

EDIT:You need like a log on where to find all the Pokemon that you've added to the routes. xD I'm really looking for a Growlithe!

EDIT: So I was re-tracing my steps and went into the ravaged path then out to head to Eterna Forest when this happened before I entered Floaroama:

Ah, thanks for this. I'll put the userbar in the first post (later), thanks!

I'll add the 'Pokédex' File soon enough! I have one for myself but I don't really want to spoil it, so I can tell you it this way; you can find Growlith on Route 207 (or Route 211 Part A)!

Oh no, what happened to Route 204? I really have no idea, it must be some kind of bug. I'm not certain how to correct that, though... Thanks for telling me!

Still working on it.. Will add a newer version very soon.. Thanks everybody for your comments! I really appreciate it, please tell me what you like and what not!

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Maybe the bug is caused by my Emulator?

And this game is really hard [if you picked Turtwig, anyway]. >___> But it's fun. Really fun. This rom hack is the best I've played so far. And probably will the best I've played EVER. D:<

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2022
I'm interested to see where your hack goes.

Will the new [secret] storyline be dealing with an 'evil' organization or something entirely different?

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
I'm interested to see where your hack goes.

Will the new [secret] storyline be dealing with an 'evil' organization or something entirely different?

No evil organization, rather an.. 'evil' Pokémon!

Maybe the bug is caused by my Emulator?

And this game is really hard [if you picked Turtwig, anyway]. >___> But it's fun. Really fun. This rom hack is the best I've played so far. And probably will the best I've played EVER. D:<

Yeah, it can be caused by the emulator.. Well.

Ah, yeah, sorry for the difficulty, the game is quite hard indeed.. But! In this game, you don't have to defeat the 2nd Gym immediately! You can just go on!

After receiving the VS Seeker from Dawn / Lucas, don't forget to use it a lot! (Battle Trainers over and over to train your Pokémon).

Thanks a lot for commenting, everyone!

I've finally got some spare time to work on it. Expect a newer version very soon!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Yeah, I was planning on getting the Vs. Seeker but I didn't know we were able to move on ahead from Eterna City so I didn't. xP

I'm really curious, how far will the next version go?

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
Yeah, I was planning on getting the Vs. Seeker but I didn't know we were able to move on ahead from Eterna City so I didn't. xP

I'm really curious, how far will the next version go?

The next version will have the 'circle' completed - which means you can go after the 3th Gym to Route 213 (and battle the Restaurant People), then go to Pastoria City and defeat thát Gym and you can even battle Trainers on Route 212!

Edit; @ Rozen, I'll add your Userbar tomorrow, sorry for the delay!

Just updated the first post, with the new Evolution Ways. Only things to do before uploading the newer version:
  • Edit the 'bridge-bug' on Route 205 (?)
  • Edit the Solaceon Town bug
  • Edit Route 212A (Part B has been done already)
  • Edit the Team Galactic Storyplot in Pastoria (the chasing etc.)

I'm also considering to add Zorua and Zoroark, the newly announced Pokémon from the 5th Generation!
My thought was to edit Phione and Manaphy to Zorua and Zoroark. Why?
  • Phione is actually useless
  • Manaphy can only be obtained from Pokémon Ranger - IF you even have Manaphy, then I guess you already traded it to an other (original) Pokémon Diamond / Pearl / Platinum game file
  • It's at the end of the Pokémon List, so it can be counted as a Legendary Pokémon

I'd like to hear your comments about this!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
@Oxnite: That far already, eh? O: Great work! But good luck fixing the bugs.

As for the Zorua and Zoroark . . . I don't see why not, Phione and Manaphy are really useless, I doubt anyone would use it ingame. So go ahead!

EDIT: Ahahaha, I have a feeling this 'evil' Pokemon is a pitch-black Pokemon. >__>

Last edited:

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
@Oxnite: That far already, eh? O: Great work! But good luck fixing the bugs.

As for the Zorua and Zoroark . . . I don't see why not, Phione and Manaphy are really useless, I doubt anyone would use it ingame. So go ahead!

EDIT: Ahahaha, I have a feeling this 'evil' Pokemon is a pitch-black Pokemon. >__>

Yeah, that sounds like a correct conclusion!

The next version is almost ready to be released. It will take one more day, because some people pointed me at some more bugs and I'd like to fix them. Tomorrow I want to play the game from Oreburgh City to Solaceon Town and take out all the bugs that appear. I'll upload some new, nice screenshots then, too!

I changed a lot more and I must say, this game is impressing me! The storyline might look a bit weak in the beginning, but it really impresses me now. I can tell you that the EX-Champion Cynthia plays a big role in this game, as well as Looker.

To tell you more about the plot; in Veilstone, after battling some policemen, you get the mission to go to a special island...

I hope this updated you! Thanks a lot for playing, the game is only getting better and better, I assure you!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Woo', version 2 is almost out!! -anxious-

& an island, eh? I'm really sure I have this 'evil' Pokemon worked out. I had a feeling Cynthia and Looker played bigger roles in this game. Great work, Oxnite!

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
Hopefully, that should work (It's also in my signature) :P

Yeah, it works! Thanks!

Thanks everybody for the great comments.

I'm still Bèta-Testing... New Version coming real soon, sorry for the delay...

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
Years
Here is my opinion on some of the evolutions. I think that the pokemon that evolve through happiness should evolve that way. It's not hard at all to do. They usally evolve in the level 30's for me, and it's fun to see how much your pokemon likes you. Just my oppinion, most of the others look good to me.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
Here is my opinion on some of the evolutions. I think that the pokemon that evolve through happiness should evolve that way. It's not hard at all to do. They usally evolve in the level 30's for me, and it's fun to see how much your pokemon likes you. Just my oppinion, most of the others look good to me.

Thanks for your comment! I'm glad to hear some other opinions.

Well actually, I don't really like the Happiness Evolutions. I use Potions etc. a lot in my battles and in this game your Pokémon will faint a lot more.

Everytime you faint or use an irritating item like a Potion, the Happiness of your Pokémon drops.

I'll keep it this way except if a lot more people complain about this. Sorry! Thanks for your comment though!

Years
This looks awesome, I'm downloading it now and I'll let you know if I come across any bugs.

I would also prefer that the Pokemon that evolve by happiness still evolved that way, but it's not a dealbreaker for me or anything.

Something that I would love to see, and know that is probably impossible, is for the "walking pokemon" feature from HG/SS be implemented. Whenever I go back to play any of the other Gen IV games I really miss having my Pokemon follow me around.

Last edited:

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
This looks awesome, I'm downloading it now and I'll let you know if I come across any bugs.

I would also prefer that the Pokemon that evolve by happiness still evolved that way, but it's not a dealbreaker for me or anything.

Something that I would love to see, and know that is probably impossible, is for the "walking pokemon" feature from HG/SS be implemented. Whenever I go back to play any of the other Gen IV games I really miss having my Pokemon follow me around.

Yeah, I'd really love to see that in Platinum too.. I'll look for it, but I think (as you say), it is technically impossible.

Will look for it though and might contact some pro-hackers!

Thanks a lot for your support. I'm really looking forward to your comments. Please tell me EVERYTHING you like and, what not, of course!

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
As Oxnite previously stated, your Pokemon will faint a lot more and therefore lose (20) happiness. 20 hard earned happiness down the drain because of one silly mistake. Do you really want that? I know I don't.

@Oxnite: You should add a poll asking whether or not to include happiness evolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back