• 12.61%
  • 13.51%
  • 11.71%
Male
Seen April 20th, 2019
Posted April 14th, 2019
100 posts
8.4 Years
Hello, what’s your YouTube channel? Not to be rude.
It is SinisterHoodedFigure, on youtube. I also have a twitter that you can follow, that is where I'll be the most accessible. Currently starting one nuzlocke of one of Drayano60's hacks, and a special one that I'll upload tonight.

I doubt I can post links in the threat, but take a look at my front page.

My hacking days are over for now, but so begins my LPing days.
This signature has been disabled.
Broken images in your signature, please fix it.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Seen April 4th, 2019
Posted January 31st, 2019
1 posts
168 Days
Hi @SinisterHoodedFigure,
Would you be able to help me better understand the versioning with this hack?

The first post has two links to the same romhacking dot net page. That entry on RHN is listed as "version 1.0" has a file named "KzoEmrlNightDayOnlySHF383.rar"
Inside is just one single IPS file that is called the "DayNight Version".

Which version of the hack is this really? I have seen some "2.1" versions of the hack floating around on other online sources and the filename could also mean "version 3.83".
Male
Seen April 20th, 2019
Posted April 14th, 2019
100 posts
8.4 Years
To keep it extra safe, it is just the version with day and night settings compared to the previous. I might plan to make another update, in case of a sufficient amount of reported bugs.

I'm aware some really don't like the low encounter rate, but there are also others that clarified that they don't mind. I won't be able to get right to the update immediately due to real life nonsense, but I will be keeping an eye out from time to time in preperation.

Plus the reason why I have the non-day and night version was because there do exist critics that hate Day and Night in 3rd gen.

That is really the only difference, day and night as opposed to no day and night.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Seen May 11th, 2019
Posted February 17th, 2019
1 posts
291 Days
Well, I finally beat it today and I gotta admit the game was pretty difficult BUT it showed me what I was missing in competitive battling. I started to run a system with rain dance and sunny day which help my swampert’s swift swim, raichu’s thunder and surf, venasuars chlorophyll, and arcanine’s heatwave. Overall the game was really fun and defeating Archie and Maxie in the post game was very satisfying as well as completing the trick house. I’m glad you made the game and it’s sad that it’s likely your last work. But I’m glad I was able to play through this, and will utilize all the knowledge I’ve gained from it, appreciate it 100%.
Male
Seen April 20th, 2019
Posted April 14th, 2019
100 posts
8.4 Years
Here is a Pokémon Emerald Kaizo Post Game Guide. More videos will come.
You will have to find random heartscales and conserve them carefully until Post Game.

NOTE: I found some bugs in postgame. I also got some requests to lower Wild Pokémon.
So, an update can be expected

Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
21 posts
187 Days
Spent 8 days on this ROMHack, only using the emulator for grinding and catching, which made up a small percentage of the overall gameplay, over 80 hours for me. The majority was on the long battles, especially at the point where every freaking Team Magma/Aqua member had 6-mon teams. All the times I left to go to the Pokemon Center, whether by losing or just to heal up before the next battle, due to not buying items until the E4. That slowed down gameplay, and that was the most surprising thing about the game, and where a good chunk of the difficulty comes from, pure endurance. Also, the weather conditions often working against me, the fact that almost every trainer had a Lum Berry, so my Gardevoir's Hypnosis was virtually useless. Couple that with not having access to any setup moves, while most boss trainers have such access in at least one pokemon. Mons I dreamed of helping me due to their access to setup moves, were not as appealing. The E4 was a nightmare that I had to overcome with savestates, but I wasn't satisfied with that, so I rematched them, replacing Manectric with Metagross and that was a complete 180.

This is without a doubt the hardest Emerald hack I ever played, the longest I've spent on an Emerald hack too. I think the longest I've spent on a hack in 2019, Vega would count but I just stopped playing that out of frustration and such. At least with this game, I didn't want to give up. So it's more forgiving than Vega, but I got flashes of hardcore difficulty and some unfair stuff. Not as much as Vega though. The Trick House puzzles are mostly ridiculous, but very doable. So I finished the game, by my standards. I don't want to wait for more gym leader rematches, having already done Winona and the twins, and I'm not fussed with catching the legendaries. I got my fill of this game, and now I want to play easy ROMhacks for the rest of this month. Definitely awesome for what it is, but extremely exhausting and often frustrating.

My final team: Swampert, Gardevoir, Ursaring, Salamence, Tyranitar, Metagross. This game taught me that Ursaring was a beast, it was so over-leveled bcause I kept using it. Obviously that was neutralized by the E4. Mons I used a lot during the playthrough and eventually had to give up: Vileplume, Manectric, Donphan, Farfetch'd, Magmar, Spoink and Cubone. You can tell that the latter helped in the early part of the game but had to go.
Female
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted June 6th, 2019
3 posts
7.6 Years
Finished the game today! Had a lot of fun, coming from crystal kaizo it was definitely easier than I expected, but still truly kaizo in my opinion, especially compared to other gen 3 hacks.
Final team was: Blaziken, Milotic, Dugtrio, Alakazam, Dragonite, Sceptile.

I'm almost done with the postgame, but still got some questions regarding the location of some pokémon. I have no idea where Ditto, Mewtwo, or Latios/Latias (Eon Ticket) are, I thought I had been pretty thorough but I must have missed something. Sableye seems to be on Mirage Island, any way to get there (without absurd luck)? Also, is Aerodactyl missable ? Since you can't go back to Cave of Origin after the Rayquaza event.

side note: some random pokémon have really dumb encouter rates. it took me hours to find taillow, meditite, and zubat.
Advertiser Content