• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphic✓] [FR] Battle Textbox editing

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
Hey all,

I've been doing some searching around, I can't find much information on modifying the battle box for Pokémon Fire Red.
5tati.png

I was able to find the offset to edit it via NSE, but it's a compressed image (Which seems to have some issues from what I've gathered) and I cannot for the life of me find the palette for it.

This is the only thread I can find that discusses the Battle Textbox for Fire Red, so if you know how to edit the in-battle textbox, please let me know! Thanks.

EDIT: Solution!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Hey all,

I've been doing some searching around, I can't find much information on modifying the battle box for Pokémon Fire Red.
5tati.png

I was able to find the offset to edit it via NSE, but it's a compressed image (Which seems to have some issues from what I've gathered) and I cannot for the life of me find the palette for it.

This is the only thread I can find that discusses the Battle Textbox for Fire Red, so if you know how to edit the in-battle textbox, please let me know! Thanks.

The palette starts at 0xD004DD, you should probably use a hex editor to edit the colors. If you don't know how check Anthroyd's video tutorial on palette editing;)

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
Thank you!

And for other people to use this as a resource;
First off make a backup of your ROM.
Follow this video tutorial to edit the palette: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD6ovBTcsTM&list=PLfI5DBI4tNyLBYGNhf1Ee8cgdmMtiilps&index=29

And if you want to edit the bitmap/graphic of the battle box, open NSE 2.0 or 2.X and go to offset
Code:
D00000
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EDIT THE COLORS USING NSE. IT WILL NOT WORK AND BREAK YOUR ROM.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMAP/CHANGE THE OFFSET OF THE BITMAP. IT WILL BREAK YOUR ROM.

Back