• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
WHY IS NOBODY HELPING? THIS IS FREAKING REPOST NUMBER 6.

Alright Diego, I'm going to make an attemp here, although I'm probably going to be waaaay off.
Mine does that on the regular worldmap, I think it has something to do with a tilemap limit of 256 unique tiles or something like that. But if it works on your others and not that one, I have no idea. Maybe the pointer doesn't like being accessed by so many different things, maybe it's not loading the whole tilemap, maybe you just need to open up unLZ, load it at a new offset and repoint again. Who knows what the problem is? Not me.

Hey, I'm in the middle of making a hack, I'm trying to make a Pokemon game with a different feel to it, trying to change up the repetitive Pokemon style, ya know? But I need to figure out how to make it so you start with the national Pokedex. I've been trying for a while now, and I've searched for it, but as far as I saw nothing really came up, so I'm sorry if this question has already been asked haha. It seems pretty simple, but I can't figure out how to do it. Thanks.

You obviously didn't search the right words.

This is actually a very simple question and I don't know why no one has answered it. I'm going to phrase it so it will be easy to find using a search. To activate the national pokedex, or nationaldex, use special 0x16F.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Alright Diego, I'm going to make an attemp here, although I'm probably going to be waaaay off.
Mine does that on the regular worldmap, I think it has something to do with a tilemap limit of 256 unique tiles or something like that. But if it works on your others and not that one, I have no idea. Maybe the pointer doesn't like being accessed by so many different things, maybe it's not loading the whole tilemap, maybe you just need to open up unLZ, load it at a new offset and repoint again. Who knows what the problem is? Not me.
Nope, tried all that, and it did the same thing when I had even less tiles than the FR tileset.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
I'm pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wait 5 pages for someone to answer my question, and stop posting
ANSWER MY OTHER QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

and no one answers them.

answer them please

Hohoo

SOMG!1
Years
I'm making a Pokémon Gold hack (attached) and I ran into a little problem.

When you go to the stairs in your house, you should appear in Sevii island 1 and walk out from a house. But you can't even go outside the door and you are stuck there. I tried that with every warp in that map, even moving them to absurd places, but it didn't help.

What should I do?

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Hello again, yet another tile insertion question.

In the circled area (in the attachment), when I save the DIB file and paste tiles into it, can I paste tiles over previous ones I've used, or will this cause I problem in the tileset?

Man, tile business is serious business in rom hacking. Phew. :\

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Hello again, yet another tile insertion question.

In the circled area (in the attachment), when I save the DIB file and paste tiles into it, can I paste tiles over previous ones I've used, or will this cause I problem in the tileset?

Man, tile business is serious business in rom hacking. Phew. :\

You could, but all the tiles you pasted over will be replaced with the tiles just inserted. The old tiles will then be lost into oblivion, so... If you want to keep them, no you cannot.

Cello

Tonight!
Years

You could, but all the tiles you pasted over will be replaced with the tiles just inserted. The old tiles will then be lost into oblivion, so... If you want to keep them, no you cannot.

Ah, that's what I was afraid of. But what I forgot was that is only one of the two tilesets. I thought I was losing tile space fast but I forgot I have a second one to work with on that board haha.

Thanks!

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
look in the fithgym script and find the part that gives you permision the surf and copy that part and put the script into an early part of the game

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
look in the fithgym script and find the part that gives you permision the surf and copy that part and put the script into an early part of the game

I think the permission is in the badge, so unless you script it so the badges are got in a different order, I think you cannot Surf.

Hohoo

SOMG!1
Years
Sorry, but I need to repost this. I have a problem I can't resolve by myself.

I'm making a Pokémon Gold hack (attached) and I ran into a little problem.

When you go to the stairs in your house, you should appear in Sevii island 1 and walk out from a house. But you can't even go outside the door and you are stuck there. I tried that with every warp in that map, even moving them to absurd places, but it didn't help.

What should I do?

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2009
Hello,

Someone know if it's possible to disable the reset game after the end credits in Pokemon Fire/Red ?
Because I can't save with the officiel system, I must use the save stat...

Thanks ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back