• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Character Movement Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
Hi all,

My friend and I have recently started a bit of a project regarding Pokémon. We are recreating one of the Pokémon games (Fire Red, specifically) in Java but making it work online, simply put. I'm not a really experienced developer and so this is a great learning experience for me.

Anyway, I've already come across my first problem, and it's with the movement of the main character. I'll link to a jar (I think that's allowed?) which you can download. It's basically a simple map with the character allowed to move around (no collision or anything). It looks kind of juttery and I'm not really sure how to make it look "legit".

If you think it's a virus or something, you don't need to download it - I'll also link to a pastebin of the code, and hopefully that should be enough on it's own to tell you what's wrong.

Oh and I apologize for the code being messy, I was literally just experimenting (lots of deletions/insertions) and I didn't really want to recomment what I was doing over and over again. Please bear with it :)

I also understand that the .zip file containing the .jar is quite big, but that's because of the game framework I'm using (libgdx). You can view the contents of the jar in your archive program if you don't believe me :)

Thanks in advance if any of you are able to help me :)

Ah, damn - I can't post any links until 15 posts. The code is in the spoiler below, can't get around the .jar one though.

Spoiler:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
I've said this before quite a few times. Despite the fact that this forum has the word "Help" in the name does not mean you come to here for help. Try posting this in the Beginner's Lounge (specifically this thread) and hopefully you'll get some responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back