• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hunting on Omega Ruby

Years
  • Age 43
  • NC
  • Seen Mar 29, 2018
decided to make this since taking a break from Y for a bit, and I have oddly good luck in Hohen games.

yesterday evening I got a shiny Torchic here in 178 sr's, and this was after buying Omega Ruby yesterday afternoon. I have a copy of Alpha Sapphire as well that I hunted on and put up for a bit because I felt I was having too good a luck. I started with Shiny Treeko on there and have since accumulated 12 various shinnies in game.

Now I decided to undertake a project here I wanted to start anyway, I wanted to do a shiny dex.

Remember I said I got shiny Torchic last night, I sat here doing various things and hunting today and just got a shiny Pooch I named Balto...wat don't judge XD

He has quick feet since I encountered him through random sneaking and is of a lonely nature, and is very finicky.

Thinking on trying for Wurmple next. ^^

Years
  • Age 43
  • NC
  • Seen Mar 29, 2018
Wanted Wurmple but ran into a shiny Surskit, not complaining though since and going for shiny dex entries, and am running back and forth in front of the grass in route 102. Just need zigzagoon, wurmple and ralts here now.

Surskit has swift swim and knows signal beam, will be using this guy as my sweet scenter...once he learns it at lv 9. He is Adamant and hates to lose.

I think I am averaging one shiny a day on here, though I thought it would be night before I got him, gonna still cross my fingers for Wurmple. ^^

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
It's funny, because like you, the Hoenn remakes were my biggest successes in terms of finding shiny Pokemon. I found about 4 shiny Roselia alone.

Years
  • Age 43
  • NC
  • Seen Mar 29, 2018
Finally got my next shiny, and my fourth shiny dex entry. Got a female Wurmple. She knows Shield Dust and is Quirky and scatters things often. Now to see if I get a Dustox or a Beautifly. I'm actually fine with either as I will be going for both anyway. XD

And...it's a Cascoon, so getting Dustox. XD

Last edited:

User19sq

As a head's up, four Pokemon are shiny-locked. I trust I don't have to mention which ones.

Years
  • Age 43
  • NC
  • Seen Mar 29, 2018
Ok so was horde hunting on route 102, and running into Zigzagoon, and Seedot with the very very occasional Ralts hord...guess which I get shiny. Flippin' Ralts...and a male on top of that. Aww..flip..just checked and I need a Dawn stone, which I cannot get til end game or so. *boxes Ralts*

Also when I catch a pokemon shiny it lists it initially in my dex as shiny, but then switches to normal view. Why is this when it evolves the pokedex keeps it's shiny form listed, I was trying to get a shiny dex done. XD

Also before I forget he is Bold, and apparently takes plenty of siestas. He also has trace ...which can be good or bad.

Last edited:
Back