• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Name: Xavier Starex Swift

Nickname: Swift

Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearence:
Spoiler:

Personality: Xavier is a very dormant person, able to hold back his emotions at even the most aggrivating, upsetting or happiest of times. He enjoys relaxing more than anything else, the idea of having no worries and just throwing worry to the wind appeals to him more than much anything else. He thinks of himself no different to anyone else and still can't think how he managed to land himself in the suicune dorm. However this was more of a shock to his family, his desire to relax often made them beleive him to be a lazy person when despite he's quite hard-working when he has to be. Around others he's skeptical and appears quite hard to trust due to the fact thats the way he veiws most others. Xavier however is not the kind to betray a friend. He has a strong sense of honour and something like that just wouldn't appeal to him. However he has no sypathy for strangers and couldn't care less about their problems. So what you could say is that Xavier is good at being a friend but bad at making them. When alone he's often lost in thought and he wonders about the decisions he made in his past. He currently doesn't have many friends in school but his pokemon more than make up for that in his eyes.

History: Xavier grew up in Castelia city in the Unova region he lived with his sickly Mother, kind Father and little sister Megan. His father worked at Castelias court house as a bailiff, the position paid well, but his father could never be at home and when he did make it he would often be extremely tired due to the fact that his finishing time was eleven P.M.. Even with these already outrageous conditions, his Mothers worsening health and medical bills prompted Josh to take on a job of his own as a Gymhand at Burghs pokemon Gym. Burgh had always been nice to him and had given him a better understanding of both battleing and fine arts.

Joshs Mother wasn't always sick however he rmembered when he was ten years old she was vibrant and jolly, always looking out for him and playing with him. Joshs younger years were nothing special, same every kid, a few years of Trainer school, a bit of growing up and he was all set for his journey when his mother ell ill and he decided to stay home instead. He cuaght and trained his pokemon often in the surrounding area and that satisfied his need for a journey, once for fun he had battled Burgh and actually won gaining an insect badge which he carries with him for luck.

A week before the letter fro Prof.Oak arrived Joshs mother died. He was devastated and was slowly growing into depression when the letter arrived. He smiled with glee and decided that this was what he had to do to change his life back around and with his Mother gone there was nothing holding him back. He would miss his family, but this
is what he wanted to do.

Pokemon:

Species: Eevee
Nickname: Maria
Peronality: Maria is as bright and happy as the day she was caught. She's always looking for ways to cheer people up and help them get up when they're down. She's overall a very friendly pokemon.
Lvl: 20
Moves: Tackle, Tail whip, Sweet Kiss, Quick attack

Species: Growlith
Nickname: Blaze
Personality: Blaze is quick to temper and is highly teretorial and protective of Josh, often going to extreme lengths to protect him. Wether or not Josh wants to be protected is out of the question. Blaze was originaly Burghs pokemon and was given to Josh upon his leaving for the academy due to the fact that Burgh was unable to use him as his gym was purely and soley for bug types.
Lv: 18
Moves: Ember, Flamethrower, Quick attack, Fire fang

Species: Riolu
Nickname: Riley
Personality: Riley is totally incompetent in ways of concentration and will often fall over his own feet when trying to do something, this is usually due to the fact that he's very young and still learning to fight properly. Maria treats Riley like her own cub and often trys to guide him in the right direction while Blaze remains indifferent. He was hacthed from an egg only a week before Joshs Mother died.
Lv: 7
Moves: Karate chop, Low kick, Quick attack

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
yayayayya~
could someone get me caught up, and tell me where everyone is?
so i can start posting? ◕ ◡ ◕

Yep you can start posting whenever you see fit.

Anyways, Right now the entire school is on a field trip to the HoTa Expo at the moment in Safferon City. They're just getting off of their Coaches and are about to enter.

HoTa Corp is a worldwide PR firm that represents the biggest organizations aroun dthe world such as all of the Pokemon Leagues, Silph Co. Devon, and stuff like that. Mr Houghton Taylor (who owns the corperation) invited the entire Academy to a VIP all access trip to the Expo. Now they students have arrived there and are going to be entering soon.

Also Aura, I like you SU and so does yellow. The only problem though is that at the moment we don't have any more student spots left. Although your SU does qualify as Accepted.

Though I'm talking with Yellow right now about the possibility of making more student spots and making a few changes what with all of the applicants :D The spots are full so don't post just yet Aura. But once we get things Resolved, We'll tell you when to start posting.

Megaman765

Years
You can post right now actually :D

Just expanded each Dorm slot by two so thats a total of 6 more spots. Well 5 now since we have Aura but yeah.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
UPDATE: Well, as a matter of fact, we conferred on expanding the ammount of player slots and decided that we could expand without serious consequences. (The only reason we have limits are because we're trying to avoid RP locks.)

I've officially expanded each and every dorm including staff spots to have up to 6 players. You may start posting now, Aura. I'll update the page with your info soon.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Say, I just thought of something. Does the school have a Move Tutor? Or a Move Deleter? Or even a Move Rememberer (Or whatever they are called. I'm sure you all get what I mean.)?

Megaman765

Years
Yeah I'd assume they would be around the island. I think the deleter would be somewhere around town though. A Move Tutor would make sense if he/she was in the school though.

Dawn

Years
Gary Oak is played by me and Megaman765 only unless someone else is given permission. Currently SelenaStar has permission because she is the one organizing this whole HoTa field trip.

In addition, nobody may play Lance, Cynthia, or Steven when they are battling without permission. (Though they may if they are not battling.)

Move deletion and move tutoring will be handled in a fairly lax nature. Move tutoring can be done by many teachers and there is definitely a move deleter in Oak Town, as well as one in the academy.

TrainerGiza

that really burns my poffins..
Years
I'm currently working on a post, but i want to make sure what i'm doing is fine. so, is it okay if i say the professor got in contact with gemma saying that all the students went to the expo and she should go too?
also, when gemma arrives, could i meet up with the professor, and where would he be?

(sorry I'm asking so many questions. -w-)

Dawn

Years
That actually sounds fine, Giza, though I believe that Selena will want to nab Prof. Oak at some point for her own purposes. At current, Prof. Gary Oak should be on the platform near the train, the same general area as all the other teachers and the students for that matter. The staff is there to make sure everyone gets to the HoTa building as planned. But yeah, for the moment they're just there, making sure everyone gets off the train and whatnot.

Nideous

Years
I would have asked this last night, but my stupid internet went out. Anyways, Fuyu and I were talking about this, and the thought came up. Is there a way to switch dorms? Because some students may be in dorms they really don't need to be. How about the idea of Dorm Switch Exams, so something like that. After half a term or something, all the students take a test to determine which dorm they should be in. Would that be a good idea?

Dawn

Years
Dorm switches are possible, but abnormal. Your characters' dorm is actually not simply supposed to represent how good a trainer they are. It serves the purpose of helping staff know how to teach a certain member. Basically, it's more intended to show how good of a learner a student is. This is why someone like MacKenzie can be in Raikou dorm even though her battle strategies are very powerful. Quite frankly, she's a bad learner. That being said, most staff have the goal of teaching every student regardless of their dorm to be the best they can be. It's just that it may take more work on a raikou student than an entei student and so on.

If you want your character to have a dorm switch, your character must simply demonstrate that they're a better learner than staff originally thought. (Because how good a learner you are isn't normally supposed to change.) They will then have to advocate for themselves to the staff, or simply make it so obvious that the staff notice without being told. (You should simultaneously clear it with Megaman or I in the OOC thread.) A dorm switch can happen at any time.

On that note, you can also switch who your primary character is. (This effects which slot you take up on the available list, nothing more.)

Dawn

Years
Quick question about the battle that just occured... will our pokemon earn levels from it or will it just be a quick little thing that made no difference?

They earn levels for it yes.

According to my calculations, Thyme and Blaze should earn 5 and Swinub 4. (Thyme and Blazed earned one extra because they fainted.)

Nideous

Years
O_O

Thyme shot up five levels for getting stomped by Swinub? Cool, I'll go look up her moves and add the levels. And... I'll need to make a post about her not evolving again. I really need to have her or Brian come across an Everstone.

Edit: I did a little bit of research, and here's Thyme's new level and moveset:

Thyme (Snivy): level 23, Leaf Tornado, Vine Whip, Leech Seed, Secret Power, Attract, Growth (Not presently on Brian's team)

Re-Edit: I forgot to add her new level and I decided I'd rather keep her with Growth. XD

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
I figured since we're using the anime canonity a pokemon doesn't necessarily need an everstone. Y'know, like that whole scene with bulbasaur. Totally didn't need an everstone, but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back