• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
So I was exploring Castelia Sewers in White 2 with Hugh. Yes, Hugh, the rival whose Dewott, in my tests, (in case I found a shiny) could not be OHKO'd by any of my weak team, but could almost OHKO any wild pokemon with Razor Shell. And whose Dewott was faster than my entire team. That Hugh.

After just defeating a construction worker with a Drilbur, I rntered a wild battle. On the right was a rattatta, and on the left was a zubat. A SHINY ZUBAT. I started freaking out, as I knew, I just KNEW Hugh would kill it. I had to try and kill his Dewott first!

First turn: I had my Venipede use poison yail on Dewott. Dewott used Focus energy.
Second Turn. I used poison tail on Dewott again, to no avail. Dewott used Razor Shell.

Rattatta fainted! "Phew"

I then threw a pokeball at a completely healthy zubat. "Stupid!" I thought, "Why didn't I use a repeat ball!?!?"

Spoiler:

Ahh, congrats dude! That was seriously tense reading that, the spoilers almost made me have a heart attack! Good job on catching it, Zubat is a really cool shiny to have :D Good thing he attacked the Rattata first though xD

As for me, I've been doing some shiny hunting too recently! On Black I've been spending a lot of time trecking around Pinwheel Forest whilst watching anime in hopes that I'll run across a shiny Sewaddle soon. No luck yet, but I'm only at around 1,200 encounters so a fair few to go yet I reckon. Hopefully I'll get as lucky as Golurk soon and manage to find one out of the blue xD

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Woah, what an awesome month!!!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Congrats on the shiny Zubat, GolurkIsDaBomb!

Welcome to the club, synerjee, Flydro, and drummerdude776!

This week's random hunt is... Eevee!

I am currently on my way to Lacunosa Town on Black 2.

at least your somewhere........im still resetting for Oshawott

oh, and hi everyone else....

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ahh, congrats dude! That was seriously tense reading that, the spoilers almost made me have a heart attack! Good job on catching it, Zubat is a really cool shiny to have :D Good thing he attacked the Rattata first though xD

As for me, I've been doing some shiny hunting too recently! On Black I've been spending a lot of time trecking around Pinwheel Forest whilst watching anime in hopes that I'll run across a shiny Sewaddle soon. No luck yet, but I'm only at around 1,200 encounters so a fair few to go yet I reckon. Hopefully I'll get as lucky as Golurk soon and manage to find one out of the blue xD

I find it ironic that I found a shiny Sewaddle completely by accident while you're actually hunting one. Good luck with that btw.

Flydro

doobz
Years
Congrats on the shiny Zubat, GolurkIsDaBomb!

Welcome to the club, synerjee, Flydro, and drummerdude776!

Wow, this place is still going. Awesome.

Hi guys don't think I've posted since 2009, but I'm Yami. I used to be Co-owner of the Shiny Hunters club and an avid shiny collector.

When I had my DS and Diamond version stolen, which had all of my pokémon on it I pretty much gave up on gaming but I've been sucked back in with the release of Black and White 2.

Unfortunately I don't have any of my old shinys :-\ but best part was hunting for them so I'm back in the game!

Hopefully some of the older members are still here; Metal Mario, ryan, LDD. Either way it's good to be back and it's great to see the club is still so active! I hope you'll all welcome me back with open arms, even though I'm shiny-less now.

Welcome back! Cool to see a long time member return. Sorry you lost all your old shinies, but good luck with hunting your new ones.

Woah, what an awesome month!!!

Yes! Congrats on those shinies - you got Cyndaquil so quickly!! I'm still hunting for him and I've done over 12000 SRs, "lol." You must have taken my luck when I wasn't looking!!

*guards luck buckets carefully, but then lets Flydro have them again* :P

Haha yeah I was surprised Cyndaquil showed up so quickly. That was my second shortest hunt ever behind Mudkip, which only took 12 SRs on Ruby. I evolved it into Swampert but I lost it when I lost all my old games. But good luck to you on your Cyndaquil hunt G-Money! Hope you get it soon.

And thanks for the welcomes, and welcome to all fellow new members and the returning members too! I'm still on the hunt for Skarmory on SS, right now I'm at 1445 REs and counting. I want it really bad I hope I get lucky and find it soon ^^

Good luck to everyone!

Years
Welcome all the new members! Also, thank you everyone on the congrats! :D

As for me, I'm hunting a bit in Black 2 in the double battle grass on route 20. I'm up to like 600 REs or something like that? Hopefully I can stick with this hunt... :B

Good luck on all your hunts!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
Hi guys! Just got my shiny minccino after 7889 re's on route 9! :D Onto Lostlorn Forest hopefully for a whirlipede! Congratulations on everyone's hunts, and I hope GolurkIsDaBomb gets his route 20 shiny quickly, had the worst luck on that route in the past. :P

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
hello, everyone.
welcome to all new members, welcome back to old members and congrats on all new catches.

looks like everone is enjoying the new versions. thats good, maybe there are more shinies to come.
keep going everyone and happy hunting.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

So I'm still playing through Black 2, nearing the end now then I can start team building and more importantly shiny hunting!

Quick question though, has the pokeradar from D/P/Pt completely gone now? I kind of hope it has. As much as I used it in the 4th Gen it kinda took away the achievement of finding a shiny after SRing or hatching or even random encounters. If anyone could let me know that would be cool.

That's all for now, happy hunting!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

So I'm still playing through Black 2, nearing the end now then I can start team building and more importantly shiny hunting!

Quick question though, has the pokeradar from D/P/Pt completely gone now? I kind of hope it has. As much as I used it in the 4th Gen it kinda took away the achievement of finding a shiny after SRing or hatching or even random encounters. If anyone could let me know that would be cool.

That's all for now, happy hunting!

It's not in Black/White or Black2/White2.

Welcome back to the club! It's great to have an old member return.

Years
Thank you for every ones input on the Shiny/Shining Charm! I'm still kind of on the fence about it, but I think I might just complete the Pokédex and then if I ever get the Shining Charm bug I just have to go talk to Cedric Juniper (I think...)

Anyways, I've just finished the Victory Road, about to take on the Elite 4, and I've finally decided on my first shiny hunt since 2010, and probably the best possible one to get me back into shiny hunting!

Spr_5b_380_s.png

Latias!

One upon a time, I saw someone hunt and catch a shiny Latias years ago, probably someone in this club actually, and it took them a while if I remember right. Even though I've never been someone who adores legendariess, I loved Latias and fell in love with her shiny forme's gold coloring. But back then the only way for me to get a Latias was on Sapphire, and it would have taken ages being a roaming legend and all, so I just assumed I'd never have one and focused on other things.
Fast foward to 2012 and I find out you can catch it on White 2, and it's SR-able, so I'm going to get it even if it takes weeks or months! I'll definitely catch it before the Shining Charm, just to make her that much more special :3

Anyways, good luck everyone else on your hunts, and congratulations GolurkIsDaBomb on your shiny Zubat! Your story scared me 1/10th to death, I always fear finding a shiny when I'm walking with someone doing the whole double wild battle thing!

Also! For those interested! I've added my shinies and such to my signature! ^w^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
Hey guys im Mega and id love to JOIN , u see ive been looking for shinys like crazy after i got my first one
: Pidgey that evolved into pidgeyotto and then Pidgeyot
(3 shinys in tha pokedex )
im currently looking for shiney starters and Zoruas....

also a tip on breeding shinys : if u have a foreign pokemon and u breed it with ur own u gain over about 1000 to 2000 % of getting a shiny
Eg.
Japanese charmeleon + American charmeleon = more chance for shinys :)
hope this helped u

Hey guys im Mega and id love to JOIN , u see ive been looking for shinys like crazy after i got my first one
: Pidgey that evolved into pidgeyotto and then Pidgeyot
(3 shinys in tha pokedex )
im currently looking for shiney starters and Zoruas....

also a tip on breeding shinys : if u have a foreign pokemon and u breed it with ur own u gain over about 1000 to 2000 % of getting a shiny
Eg.
Japanese charmeleon + American charmeleon = more chance for shinys :)
hope this helped u

when i said 2000% imean 2000 % MORE chance the normal number is 1 in 8000

Last edited:

iZTwi

Jounin Ninja
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2012
How do I join?

I got a Shiny Piplup today out of pure luck from restarting my friends Platinum that he gave me!

I also have a shiny Marill in Soul Silver from a while ago.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
The November Monthly Quest!!

Happy November! In the United States, Thanksgiving is a time to feast!! So let's feast on some good shiny luck - the bigger, the better!

To complete the Quest, you must capture 2 shinies who collectively total 700 pounds (317.5 kilograms). Each of the two shinies must weigh at least 220 pounds (100 kilograms). If there are multiple winners, the November Championship will go to whoever's shinies combine for the most total weight!

May you feast on large shinies (and no, don't eat them!! :pink_disbelief: )!

The shinies must be obtained by yourself in an Advanced generation game (or newer), and no chaining or hacking is allowed. I don't think it would be fair if people used the Shining Charm boost to win the contests, and it would narrow the range of shinies people hunt if it became centralized in BW2. But then people who have their Pokedex complete wouldn't be able to participate in the Quest, and that's not fair either. So how about we allow Charm shinies, but because the odds are 3 times greater, you would need to get 6 shinies who fit the criteria?

The contest lasts until midnight EDT on October 31, 2012. You can find the weight of each Pokemon in the Pokedex or here.

Good luck and have fun!

Haha yeah I was surprised Cyndaquil showed up so quickly. That was my second shortest hunt ever behind Mudkip, which only took 12 SRs on Ruby. I evolved it into Swampert but I lost it when I lost all my old games. But good luck to you on your Cyndaquil hunt G-Money! Hope you get it soon.

Thanks! Good luck on Skarmory! 12 SRs is a really awesome hunt, haha.

Hi guys! Just got my shiny minccino after 7889 re's on route 9!

Congrats!

hello, everyone.
welcome to all new members, welcome back to old members and congrats on all new catches.

looks like everone is enjoying the new versions. thats good, maybe there are more shinies to come.
keep going everyone and happy hunting.

Welcome back, Chr.!

Hey guys im Mega and id love to JOIN

Welcome to the club!

How do I join?

I got a Shiny Piplup today out of pure luck from restarting my friends Platinum that he gave me!

You just joined! :pink_tongue:

Did you reset for Piplup, or was it the first one you tried?

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Guess it's time to hunt a Snorlax...

I need to beat my HeartGold again though first. Can you SR in LeafGreen? I forget. I'd be a lot closer in that.

iZTwi

Jounin Ninja
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2012

Happy November! In the United States, Thanksgiving is a time to feast!! So let's feast on some good shiny luck - the bigger, the better!

To complete the Quest, you must capture 2 shinies who collectively total 700 pounds (317.5 kilograms). Each of the two shinies must weigh at least 220 pounds (100 kilograms). If there are multiple winners, the November Championship will go to whoever's shinies combine for the most total weight!

The shinies must be obtained by yourself in an Advanced generation game (or newer), and no chaining or hacking is allowed. I don't think it would be fair if people used the Shining Charm boost to win the contests, and it would narrow the range of shinies people hunt if it became centralized in BW2. But then people who have their Pokedex complete wouldn't be able to participate in the Quest, and that's not fair either. So how about we allow Charm shinies, but because the odds are 3 times greater, you would need to get 6 shinies who fit the criteria?

The contest lasts until midnight EDT on October 31, 2012. You can find the weight of each Pokemon in the Pokedex or here.

Good luck and have fun!

Congrats!

Welcome back, Chr.!

Welcome to the club!

I just got really lucky and got it on my first try lol, don't know if that's good or bad.

Good luck and have fun!

Congrats!

Welcome back, Chr.!

Welcome to the club!

Shiny Marowak

Wow, this must really be my month, ever since the hurricane Sandy blackout, I decided to rig up my DSi on the generator and train my Serperior in Pokemon White, and I found a Shiny Marowak!

Lvl 47/Adamant/Caught in a Quick Ball

Last edited:
Years
Suddenly got the urge to have a shiny Musharna on Friday, so now I'm soft resetting for one on Black. Well, if you have the urge, why surpress it?
I'm not counting soft resets, though I kinda wish I did now, but I reckon I did about 50-70ish on Friday and easily 100+ today so I'm making some head way! Hoping it'll turn up in about a week like Drifloon did but I'm fine saving THAT luck for Latias!
Going to be starting my search for Latias either late Sunday or Monday, want to go all the way to Nuvema town and then check out White Forest briefly first. Beat Iris today though, yay!
Currently on White 2 though, since I had some spare time while soft resetting Musharnas and reading thought the older posts on this thread, I decided to do a 1 night hunt in the doubles grass of Village Bridge. Was hoping I'd get a magical shiny Seviper or Zangoose but nothing showed up so maybe I'll continue at a later date, I really want my golden jet plane dragon!

So yeah, this is just an update to keep the thread from falling asleep, and also to try and get used to this forum idea so I don't disappear a week from now, heh ^_^;

Been meaning to soft reset for a Spiritomb for a good 6+ months now also, but that boyfriend of mine is being lazy when it comes to getting the 30 Explorer Kit encounter things, and I'm too lazy to do it myself with my IV gen games. What a pair :P

NEXT DAY EDIT don't want to double post after all!

Finally started soft resetting for Latias, can't count yet because I couldn't find a calculator but I'll guestimate (as always) and start counting hopefully tomorrow! Done about 50-60ish though? And about the same for Musharna. Soft resetting can be slow sometimes... Want to try the Masuda method for the first time next hunt, see if soft resetting feels long after hatching all those eggs! I tried getting a shiny Buneary once with 2 English parents, did about 10 boxes before giving up, that's 300 eggs! And I know sometimes it can take over 1000, even 5000, sheesh! I want a shiny Charmander but I don't want to evolve it in Charizard. I don't think black suits it, but I seem to be in the minority in that one!
Anyways, that's all for today, wanted a break from pressing A, start and select over and over... Guess I should get back to it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
So then, introducing my first 5th gen shiny and my only owned shiny at the moment:

Spoiler:

It's been a long day at work, I just got home and decided I'd give training my mons up on Victory Road a quick blast before I go to sleep and this dude popped up! Almost killed it as I was only half paying attention but thought it didn't look right so I looked on serebii to confirm.

Lax nature means I can't really do anything with it terms of competitive battling but hey a shiny is a shiny! and just like that I'm back in the game!

If anyone would be willing to trade so I can evolve it that would be great.

Happy Hunting guys!

EDIT: Just encountered another shiny Gurdurr on Victory Road. WTF?!? Accidentally killed it though. Has the rate in which shiny pokemon are encountered increased in this generation?

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Well I guess I have an Update:

First, congrats on your gurdurrs Yami zidane. At least you were able to catch one and add it to your collection.

Welcome iZTwi and congrats on your piplup and marowak.

Now My update: I guess is the first legend to be posted in the club that can be found in black2/white2. Well, here's the pic:
View attachment 66457

found it yesterday and caught it in a premier ball.

Cya next time and happy hunting.

Last edited:
Back