• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2016
i love this hack , however there is one thing i dont like and thats the graphics. Ive seen other hacks that looked very beautiful and this hack is a little bit off on that point.

rj92

Inconspicuous trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
Hi guys love the hack but im stuck, after seafoam island quest with pikachu and slowbro etc where do i go from there to get to the pokemon league as i still cant get passed officer jenny -_- much appreciated!

Years
Because a Fire Red ROM has only 32 MB space which is not enough for a whole region like Johto to fit inside when Orange Islands are also included. I hope you should understand the problem. Starting a new hack on a new ROM is basic stuff.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I Said ShoVing not ShoWing -_-

Anyway Why put Johto in a New rom then we can't continue with all our awesome Pokemon?...
Oh... so you really think it's possible? ;)
Kanto + Johto + Orange Isle might fit into one ROM but with only maps that belong to Kanto and Johto games.
With all the episodes we have here, there's almost one map for each episode... that takes up lot of space ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2012
What's the point of showing? He would have to finish it in the new ROM, so why not making Johto in the new ROM? ;)
This is an awesome idea! Referring to shubshub's original idea of having all the regions in the anime, to make it easier you could just make a ROM for each region and they could just be a sequel to each previous ROM.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2012
I Said ShoVing not ShoWing -_-

Anyway Why put Johto in a New rom then we can't continue with all our awesome Pokemon?...

To be honest thats not really a problem since Ash mainly starts a new team with each region. As for keeping pikachu, just reset the level since pikachu seems to be powerful at the end of a region then becomes weak against a new region's pokemon.

Years
To be honest thats not really a problem since Ash mainly starts a new team with each region. As for keeping pikachu, just reset the level since pikachu seems to be powerful at the end of a region then becomes weak against a new region's pokemon.
And that's the idea I really hate and don't understand why they do it in the anime.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
okay, so I'm playing the Ash Gray 3.1.6 beta and I evolved all my starters.....
is this going to affect my game later on in any way?

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
so I'm playing AshGrey 3.6.1 Beta, and i'm really enjoying the game so far, only encountered a few bugs but it wasn't too serious at first. But now I'm at a point where I can't seam to continue on without hacking and I wanted to report the bugs i found.

NOTE: these first two might not count since i did not know what bad eggs were before
YELLOW - triggered misty event twice - i took her bike haha...
YELLOW - pikachu did not obey after beating team rocket...

RESTARTED GAME - because of bad egg mess up

YELLOW - trigger ho-oh event before spearow event (and possibly misty event too) because i swam away from misty xD

[doesn't remember any bugs for a while...]

YELLOW - catching my own mankey and evolving it to primeape - it still wont obey without the event to make primeape obey? (not sure if this is a bug? but i let my mankey evolve during that battle so it instantly triggered the event xD - then proceeded to give the guy the primeape caught from the event xD - i liked how that turned out)

GREEN - I am able to trigger the ancient pokemon event multiple times... (i now have 3 aerodactyl and 2 togepi... (misty took one later)

YELLOW - I just got the raft, and this is where things get really buggy... when i got it I backtracked to route 18 and tried to surf up behind where snorlax was (whom I caught? not sure if that's supposed to work since flute guy supposedly owns snorlax) and i was unable to surf on the water (it let me hop on the raft but i did not move over water) BUT i was able to surf on the land ????

RED - i backtracked some more to right after the digglet tunnel and surfed down a path and (not knowingly) began the movie 1 event. i broke my raft and ended up on new island where nurse joy sent me back because I didn't have a ticket. but then i was unable to return up to the route because my raft broke!? I tried it again and it let me (even though without a raft) trigger the raft break again, and i was on new island, without nurse joy to stop me... i finished the movie1 event (somehow with level 40 pokemon) and returned back thinking i could go back to the route... nope... still no raft... from here I hacked the walk through walls and returned to the guy who gave me the raft - maybe he give it again? nope... this is basically why I'm here... my game is kinda messed up without the raft...

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
When is the next beta of this beeing released?
I can't wait :I

I don't think they are working on this hack anymore so no one is sure when the next Beta comes out if at all.

so I'm playing AshGrey 3.6.1 Beta, and i'm really enjoying the game so far, only encountered a few bugs but it wasn't too serious at first. But now I'm at a point where I can't seam to continue on without hacking and I wanted to report the bugs i found.

Spoiler:

I don't think that has happened to anyone else.Did you mess with the Bad Eggs again after you restarted?If not i don't think it patched correctly because that should not be happening.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
What should I Do to make Charmeleon and Charizard obey me? What program or hack tool should I use to make them obey me like the original firered? Please because I'm having a hard time at the Pokemon League :'(

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
Let me say that Metapod (and the other hackers who collaborated with him) has realized my dream with this wonderful hack that is accurately inspired to the anime!

I've checked out this thread since the day of my birthday for the new beta but above all for the CHARIZARD CHILLS episode in order to obtain charizard obey to me, in this way the main focus of the game should be this xD

However I've noticed also that is possible in some ways make pikachu follows you, It's just about modify Ash's overword by drawing pika on his shoulder and also you have to put a "changing sprite code" in the dialogue with Delia Ketchum outside the Lab when she says "remember to change your underwear every day" (or something like that) i think also that is impossible to make Misty and Brock follow you, because it would be very uncomfortable (specially in the cave as Victory Road)

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2012
Uhm when are you guys going to go further with the game if you guys are already doing that then im sorry for being impatient because i realy wanna go further with ashgray but i cant because it isn't finisht yet would you guys mind sending me something back thank you for your time

Back