The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: General Discussions Pokémon Trading Card Game
SM2: Guardians Rising - predicitions

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Old 1 Week Ago (5:51 AM).
I was saying Boo-urns
Discord Moderoid

With the new set around the corner, what do you guys think it will change? What will be big? What won't?

I was really against Ninetales GX at first, thought it looked trash. But with Aqua Patch I think it actually has a place in the meta now. With Choice Band it will be dealing 190 to EXs/GXs a turn. 210 with a Kukui. With a weakness to Steel and the ability to continuously attack it sets itself apart from Lapras GX as a viable alternative Water main.

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (1:51 AM).

I am getting a boosterbox to unpack from SM2 ^^ I a very excited to see all the new cards. I have unpacked the japanese version and the artwork was very nice :) I am more of a collector than player, but perhaps I will make a deck of SM2
Old 1 Week Ago (2:13 AM).
I was saying Boo-urns
Discord Moderoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéMuggles View Post
I am getting a boosterbox to unpack from SM2 I a very excited to see all the new cards. I have unpacked the japanese version and the artwork was very nice I am more of a collector than player, but perhaps I will make a deck of SM2
It'd be a good time to start. Rotation is just 5 months away now so a lot of older stuff is going, and SM2 brings a lot of great cards into the fray. Aqua Patch, Field Blower and Rescue Stretcher are three of the best cards in years and will really change up standard. Hala is a great replacement for Sycamore in slower GX decks too.

One card everyone's ranting about is Tapu-Lele GX. That card is going to be worth money when it hits Western markets. I'm predicting around £20 (€24, $26) for the regular art and around £30 for the alt. Rainbow will go for silly money (Easily £50-£70). This card will be the SM generation's Shaymin equivalent for cross deck play and for market value.
Old 1 Week Ago (3:23 AM).

Think all GX will be used, but not a big gamechanger like I see it.
Sylveon GX got a good move for deck using alot of turns building up energy when it puts 2 cards with all attackment back to hand.

But I think the Aqua Patch will be in all water deck after this, I will put it in mine.
Also I think the new stadium will be little popular

I have put in pre-order for:
1x Sun and moon guardians rising Booster box
1x sun and moon guardians rising Elite trainer
Posts TCG and TCGO on Youtube
Old 1 Week Ago (3:42 AM).
I was saying Boo-urns
Discord Moderoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnygaard View Post
Think all GX will be used, but not a big gamechanger like I see it.
Sylveon GX got a good move for deck using alot of turns building up energy when it puts 2 cards with all attackment back to hand.

But I think the Aqua Patch will be in all water deck after this, I will put it in mine.
Also I think the new stadium will be little popular

I have put in pre-order for:
1x Sun and moon guardians rising Booster box
1x sun and moon guardians rising Elite trainer
I dunno, Kommo-o GX is a legitimately terrible card and Wishiwashi GX isn't good either
Old 6 Days Ago (2:48 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
I pulled a Metagross GX and not really seeing a lot of potential for that eithter at the moment but I have never built a steel deck. I would say it's GX attack is a waste of a GX move though.

I really like Tapu Koko when using that at pre-release, works great in electric decks and if you set up all your pokemon with electric energy and play it from your hand, you immediately power it up out into active and lay down 130 damage with no after effects! It's GX attack will be very destructive to, I think I will deffo build a deck around mine.

Field Blower and Aqua Patch are already being planned into decks, especially my water deck :)
Old 6 Days Ago (3:18 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands View Post
I dunno, Kommo-o GX is a legitimately terrible card and Wishiwashi GX isn't good either
Yes they are not the best but I still they can be used in decks combined with other good cards I think (spesial maybe for people that dont run GX in their deck from before):
- Kommo-o GX can deliver 130 attack every round and also make one attack on 240 to maybe KO a M Rayquaza.
- Wishiwashi-GX can deliver 120 and at the same time discard DCE or other spesial energy from your opponent’s Active Pokemon that can be good agenst some deck.
The GX attack here becomes more a endgame move becouse of the energy transfer, but if you got 2 pricecard left you can lysandre one of your opponent EX/GX and maybe KO that on 1 attack.

I dont think they will be normal in Championships and so on but I will not be suprised if people use them on some decks on TCG Online.
Old 5 Days Ago (11:35 PM).
I was saying Boo-urns
Discord Moderoid

Quote:
Yes they are not the best but I still they can be used in decks combined with other good cards I think (spesial maybe for people that dont run GX in their deck from before):
- Kommo-o GX can deliver 130 attack every round and also make one attack on 240 to maybe KO a M Rayquaza.
- Wishiwashi-GX can deliver 120 and at the same time discard DCE or other spesial energy from your opponent’s Active Pokemon that can be good agenst some deck.
The GX attack here becomes more a endgame move becouse of the energy transfer, but if you got 2 pricecard left you can lysandre one of your opponent EX/GX and maybe KO that on 1 attack.

I dont think they will be normal in Championships and so on but I will not be suprised if people use them on some decks on TCG Online.
Wishiwashi would hold some use in a heavy waterbox because of it's bulky HP, it's GX attack and the addition of aqua patch. You could use the GX attack for a quick wipeout when it's on it's last legs and move the energy to the bench setting up a Lapras GX or a Palkia EX or something to take it's place. But it'd be quicker to just power those up in the first place.
Old 5 Days Ago (3:19 AM).

Quote:
Wishiwashi would hold some use in a heavy waterbox because of it's bulky HP, it's GX attack and the addition of aqua patch. You could use the GX attack for a quick wipeout when it's on it's last legs and move the energy to the bench setting up a Lapras GX or a Palkia EX or something to take it's place. But it'd be quicker to just power those up in the first place.
Yeah, thats true.

Anyways I know easy what card I want most of the new set on IRL cards
The gold DCE card ♥
Old 5 Days Ago (3:51 AM).
I was saying Boo-urns
Discord Moderoid

Quote:
Yeah, thats true.

Anyways I know easy what card I want most of the new set on IRL cards
The gold DCE card ♥
Yeah it looks insanely good. Fall art Hala and Mallow and rainbow Lele for me. I pulled rainbow Drampa GX on prerelease which was dope
Old 4 Days Ago (2:22 PM).

Quote:
Yeah it looks insanely good. Fall art Hala and Mallow and rainbow Lele for me. I pulled rainbow Drampa GX on prerelease which was dope
Yeah, I will try to get a PSA 10 of the Gold DCE for my collection

Alot of good arts, and rainbow Drampa GX is not bad on the prerelease, sadly no prerelese in the area I live, only I know of is that I did hear that it was going to be a release draft when the set's was out.
Old 2 Days Ago (4:58 AM).
I was saying Boo-urns
Discord Moderoid

Quote:
Yeah, I will try to get a PSA 10 of the Gold DCE for my collection

Alot of good arts, and rainbow Drampa GX is not bad on the prerelease, sadly no prerelese in the area I live, only I know of is that I did hear that it was going to be a release draft when the set's was out.
That sucks :/ It's a real good set, but a lot of junk made its way in
Old 7 Hours Ago (5:53 AM).
-CONQUERER

Nature: Hasty
Ninetails GX is gonna put in work with Aqua Patch. Lele is obviously good but I don't think it should be competing in price with Shaymin, as Shaymin is just better - though there is risk of it getting rotated out. Water and fighting got a serious boost with the new stadium that searches out the basics. The -2 retreat stadium for Dark and Psychic is great too. Field blower was a much needed card that is finally released. The Lycanroc GX cards along with Machoke give fighting an added boost.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links