• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3DS Pokemon Games?

Do you think Gamefreak will start making Pokemon Games for 3DS instead of NDS?

• Yes

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Mystery Dungeon 3DS looks amazing. I suppose I'll have to start saving my pennies to get a 3DS!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think it might be awkward to have a 3D game because Pokemon tends to stick with overworld tile movements (though Ranger would be cool in 3D) so it looks awkward and clunky at some times (referring to the new PMD trailer) but I guess it'll still be new and different.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
For one thing the Pokemon dungeon 3D made a drastic change to the mystery dungeon graphics so theres one example.
pics.shtml

For the main pokemon games. Pokemon already made a little 3D action go on during when you go on the bridge to that big city. I can imagine that every game they make that aspect will get better and better.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Releasing a 3DS game might drive 3DS sales, but I guess they might still make main series on the DS until 6th Gen or something so they can appeal to those who don't have a 3DS yet.

They won't do this. That's actually sort of telling people "You don't have to buy our new product" which is the opposite of what they want. They're trying to get people to realize that the 3DS is not just another DS upgrade, but a whole new system. And I'm not sure if it was stated officially or not, but I do believe B2W2 will be the final "big games" for the DS. The fact that this new Mystery Dungeon is for the 3DS just shows they're finally moving on.

Why do some people think the DS won't be retired? I'm sorry, but ever since I got my 3DS, I haven't used my old DS. Even tiny extras like Find Mii make it much better than the DS. (plus I just got my last Pokemon today for the original Pokedex 3D) I still have many of Nintendo's older system's like the Super Nintendo and N64. I still love playing older games on them, but that didn't stop Nintendo from moving on to the GameCube or the Wii, and now the WiiU.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I think it might be awkward to have a 3D game because Pokemon tends to stick with overworld tile movements (though Ranger would be cool in 3D) so it looks awkward and clunky at some times (referring to the new PMD trailer) but I guess it'll still be new and different.

From the little bits of the main town you see, it seems that allows for more free movement. I think it's a good move to keep dungeons with the 'tile' movement because they are more turn-based anyway. The game looks nice overall, have been waiting on a new Mystery Dungeon for too long now!

BiGoDeViN28

Psalm 141:3
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen May 26, 2013
They won't do this. That's actually sort of telling people "You don't have to buy our new product" which is the opposite of what they want. They're trying to get people to realize that the 3DS is not just another DS upgrade, but a whole new system. And I'm not sure if it was stated officially or not, but I do believe B2W2 will be the final "big games" for the DS. The fact that this new Mystery Dungeon is for the 3DS just shows they're finally moving on.

Why do some people think the DS won't be retired? I'm sorry, but ever since I got my 3DS, I haven't used my old DS. Even tiny extras like Find Mii make it much better than the DS. (plus I just got my last Pokemon today for the original Pokedex 3D) I still have many of Nintendo's older system's like the Super Nintendo and N64. I still love playing older games on them, but that didn't stop Nintendo from moving on to the GameCube or the Wii, and now the WiiU.
^ This

Nintendo is only giving the DS it's final breaths. B2W2 will be the last Pokemon games for DS, I believe this. DS will eventually be retired. Like Rocker said, they want people to buy the 3DS and Pokemon has a huge fanbase. That's a bunch of sales for people simply wanting Pokemon. I believe PMD 3DS is a sign that Pokemon will be moved to 3DS for good.

On another note, this isn't bad. To me, PMD looked amazing in this graphical overhaul. I got giddy thinking about it. I can only imagine what a core game would look like. Just my opinion, doe.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Im still waiting for the wiiware ones which looked just as fun....what the hell happened there?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think the WiiWare ones got bad reviews, which is why they didn't see a release outside Japan. I heard they were pretty awful.

Anyway, watching the new PMD trailer made me pretty excited. The game looks great on the 3DS and I'm not even a big fan of spin offs, haha. So I mean, if that looks great, I can't wait to see how the main games will look on the 3DS. I'm pretty excited for the platform jump. As it's been said though, B2W2 is probably the last Pokemon game for the DS, and hey, way to go out with a bang, really. It's a great game to end the DS era on, and I'm definitely looking forward to the 3DS era.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
A lot of people argue that the DS is a dead system. That may be the case for the system but not the DS game card. The DS game card can go as long as the lifespan of the 3ds (as long as they don't change it). Now I'm not saying that next gen Pokemon games should be on the DS game card, but what I'm saying is that Nintendo can hold out for one more year to put the remakes on the DS . I mean think about the number of 3ds out there is wayyyyy less than the number of DS, DSI, and 3ds out there combined. So finacially it would be wiser to finish out the generation on the DS. I mean seriously how many people wouldn't buy the remakes just because they came out on the DS. And to be honest I'd rather have a brand new generationto kick off the new counsel than a remake.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
A lot of people argue that the DS is a dead system. That may be the case for the system but not the DS game card. The DS game card can go as long as the lifespan of the 3ds (as long as they don't change it). Now I'm not saying that next gen Pokemon games should be on the DS game card, but what I'm saying is that Nintendo can hold out for one more year to put the remakes on the DS . I mean think about the number of 3ds out there is wayyyyy less than the number of DS, DSI, and 3ds out there combined. So finacially it would be wiser to finish out the generation on the DS. I mean seriously how many people wouldn't buy the remakes just because they came out on the DS. And to be honest I'd rather have a brand new generationto kick off the new counsel than a remake.

Do you seriously believe they would sell less DS games than 3DS?

And no its not wayyyyy less. Check your numbers.

And oh yeah, lets just ignore that it would also boost handheld sales, which nintendo wouldn't mind eh?...

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Do you seriously believe they would sell less DS games than 3DS?

And no its not wayyyyy less. Check your numbers.

And oh yeah, lets just ignore that it would also boost handheld sales, which nintendo wouldn't mind eh?...

My numbers are checked. It's simple math there has to be more Ds and 3Ds combined than there are just 3DS.

True remakes on the 3ds would increase sales in 2013. But making the game for the DS wouldn't take away from sales now would it? Besides its not like waiting ONE more year to put main games on 3DS will break Nintendo. Besides the money they don't make in 3DS sales in 2013 they will make it up in 2014 when gen 6 comes out for the 3ds.
Besides regardless of what system the remakes come out on, Nintendo will still be making quite a bit of money my friend

Back