• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Omega Ruby Medieval Era Challenge - Update #5, Final Update

So, yeah. Last part. Wallace wasn't too tough thanks to Mega Alakazam. Wally I managed to beat without too many concerns, but my Mega Blaziken burned his Gardevoir and he used Slash. First time came close against Steven, but ended up using a Max Revive on Ruffles after his Metagross killed Internet, but second time I managed to win with both Weezing and Blaziken still intact. I had Reflect up against his Metagross and he was burned, if that helped. He didn't even use Zen Headbutt until it was way too late, and when he did, he missed, haha. May's Mega Swampert actually proved a tough time since I missed with Leaf Storm, though.

Final playing time: 17:53

I don't remember the levels of my final team, but it consisted of Weezing, Blaziken, Armaldo, Alakazam, Mawile and Shiftry.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Pokemon X Renaissance Era Update 1

Badge Case

50px-Bug_Badge.png

Spoiler:

Team

656.gif

Froakie
Level 16/Male/Calm/Torrent
Water Pulse
Lick
Bubble
Quick Attack

662.gif

Fletchinder
Level 17/Female/Modest/Flame Body
Ember
Agility
Quick Attack
Peck

669.gif

Flabébé (Orange Flower)
Level 16/Female/Brave/Flower Veil
Tackle
Razor Leaf
Fairy Wind
Lucky Chant

531.gif

Audino
Level 14/Female/Hasty/Regenerator
Return
Helping Hand
Refresh
Double Slap

677.gif

Espurr
Level 13/Female/Lonely/Keen Eye @Amulet Coin
Scratch
Light Screen
Covet
Confusion

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I beat N's Panpour, Numel, Crawdaunt, and Psyduck.
Then I defeated Elesa's Zangoose, Alakazam, and Plusle, and got the Bolt Badge.
I beat Cheren again.
I dealt with Alder being a jerk and found and fought Team Plasma in Cold Storage.

...Am I allowed to have Galvantula, being as it is bug/electric and since I'm doing the Jurassic Jam challenge, electric is a banned type?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
...Am I allowed to have Galvantula, being as it is bug/electric and since I'm doing the Jurassic Jam challenge, electric is a banned type?

You can't use Galvantula as it dual-types with a banned type. You can use any dual types that don't share a typing that can be found on the banned list.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I defeated Clay's Farfetch'd with Nodoka the Carracosta's Ancient power, his Lopunny with Nodoka using a combination of Protect and Brine, and his Croconaw with Alphonse the Leavanny and got the Quake Badge.
I defeated Bianca's Wailmer, Mudkip, Musharna and Wigglytuff.
I made it through Chargestone Cave, defeating N's Dugtrio, Shieldon, Panpour and Drowzee.
Albion evolved into Typhlosion while Zareth evolved into Swampert.
I defeated Skyla's Sawk, Heatmor, and Ferrothorn and got the Jet Badge!
I defeated Cheren's Reuniclus, Charizard, Cacturne and Espeon. Alder is a horrible stalker but at least I got HM03, Surf!
I made it through Twist Mountain.
I defeated Brycen's Gothitelle, Monferno and Lucario and got the Freeze Badge!
I got through Dragonspiral Tower and N got Zekrom. Boo!
I wasted my time in Relic Castle but got the Light Stone.
Bianca battled me again *sigh* I beat Bianca's Claydol, Froslass, Weavile and Wigglytuff.
I beat Drayden's Pupitar, Krookodile, and Arcanine and got the Legend Badge!
I defeated Cheren's Kabutops, Persian, Espeon and Abomasnow.
Staggering my way through Victory Road, wishing I could buy and use Max Repel... so glad I finally found Doctor Logan to heal my team.
I valiantly triumphed against Marshal's Whimsicott, Lanturn, Pidgeot, and Pelipper.
Next were Caitlin's Whiscash, Mr. Mime, Tropius and Bellossom.
I beat without too much trouble Grimsley's Noctowl, Accelgor, Xatu and Sneasel.
Finally Shauntal's Krookodile, Absol, Carnivine and Mismagius were mostly taken out by Alphonse.
I used one Full Restore and one Full Revive so far after buying ten of each at the League.
I caught Archen, which replaced Reshiram, but didn't use it.
N had Garchomp, Abomasnow, Conkeldurr, Empoleon, Staraptor, and Porygon2. Garchomp and Porygon2 were the main problem... But I only used up two Revives.
So now I'm fighting Ghetsis' Sharpedo, Toxicroak, Umbreon, Gothitelle, all four of which were swept by Alphonse, Snorlax, and Sandslash.
I beat Ghetsis!

http://picpaste.com/JurassicJam1-gobQe9xO.png

Current Team:
Zareth (Swampert M) Lv. 49
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Surf, Protect, Mud Bomb, Muddy Water

Albion (Typhlosion M) Lv. 47
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Lava Plume, Flame Charge, Smokescreen, Swift

Alphonse (Leavanny M) Lv. 50
Nature: Brave
Ability: Swarm
Moves: Bug Bite, Leaf Blade, Razor Leaf, X-Scissor

Nodoka (Carracosta F) Lv. 50
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Solid Rock
Moves: Brine, Crunch, Ancientpower, Shell Smash

...And then I went back and read the rules. I still have to beat Alder? Sigh... Time to grind, I guess.

Not going to bother posting how long it took me to grind but I beat Alder's Scyther, Drifblim, Carnivine, Spiritomb, Mr. Mime and Dragonite, not much of a challenge except for Dragonite. Challenge Complete!

Last edited:

SmashMaster24

Eevee Lover and Dark Master
Years
[FONT=&quot]Hello everyone. I've been busy with school for a while, so I haven't had time to play. But now I'm returning to finish my Ultimate Medieval Time Warp Challenge. I've continued where I left off in Sinnoh.[/FONT]

Spoiler:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Sinnoh Update:

-Trekked through Victory Road
-Trained Everyone up to Level 60
-Took on the Elite Four:

Spoiler:

Final Team:
empoleon.png

[FONT=&quot] Bedivere (Empoleon) M, Lv. [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]61 (Splash Plate)[/FONT][/FONT]
Torrent, Brave Nature
[FONT=&quot]Surf[/FONT], [FONT=&quot]Flash Cannon[/FONT], Drill Peck, Dig[/FONT]
bastiodon.png

[FONT=&quot] Pelias (Bastiodon) M, Lv. [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]60[/FONT] (Earth Plate)[/FONT]
Sturdy, Serious Nature
Rock Tomb, [FONT=&quot]Iron [FONT=&quot]Head[/FONT][/FONT], [FONT=&quot]Earthquake[/FONT], Thunderbo[FONT=&quot]lt[/FONT][/FONT]
medicham.png

[FONT=&quot] Lynette (Medi[FONT=&quot]cham[/FONT]) F, Lv. [FONT=&quot]61[/FONT] (Mind Plate)
Pure Power, Impish Nature
[FONT=&quot]Hi Jump Kick[/FONT], [FONT=&quot]Psychic[/FONT], [FONT=&quot]Fire Punch[/FONT], Ice Punch[/FONT]
drapion.png

Morgause (Drapion) F, Lv. 61 (Poison Barb)
Battle Armor, Bashful Nature
Poison Jab, Crunch, X-Scissor, Ice Fang

[FONT=&quot] HM Slaves: Starly (Fly[FONT=&quot], Defog)[/FONT], Bidoof (Cut, Rock Smash)[/FONT], Bibarel (Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall, Rock Climb)

Next is Unova!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
New sign-up!
Username: Phantomness
Game: Pokemon Red Randomized 721
Era: Progressive Era

Spoiler:

Signing up for a new challenge.
Game: Pokemon Red Randomized 721
Era: Medieval Era

I woke up feeling light-headed after my attempt at using the time machine. When I staggered out of the crash site, I saw that I had accidentally dented a sleeping knight. I saw that I only had a single Poke Ball containing Araiso my Greninja, and my Pokedex on me, along with a Potion. Not wanting to deal with an enraged man in full armor and a sword I hastily hurried away from the broken time machine. Soon I came to a small village where I was able to barter my Potion for a Poke Ball to catch another Pokemon with. I headed into the deep woods, intent on finding another party member. I did find an Antidote, another Potion and a Poke Ball, but no team members to join us. Araiso and I ran into a gray knight named Brock, who attacked us with his Klang and Dustox, but we triumphed and were given the Boulder Badge. He begged us to deliver news of his defeat to his Lady, Misty, in a town over the mountains, so Araiso and I headed off, not knowing what else to do.

On the plains before the fabled Mt. Moon, we managed to capture Yuurei the Gastly, who joined us. In the Mountains we ran into a strange sect of Black Knights known as the Knights of the Rocket who were searching for fossils. We managed to find a fossil before heading on our way. We delivered our message to Lady Misty, who attacked us mercilessly with her Granbull and Registeel, nearly costing Araiso his life! Nonetheless, we prevailed and were given the Cascade Badge. We headed out to explore beyond the City of Cerulean and there a new team mate, Hachi the Beedrill, joined us.

We found a mad old wizard named Bill had somehow turned himself into a Pokemon. We helpfully delivered to him the antidote and he rewarded us with a ticket to a ship where there would be more knights waiting to test their mettle against us. All was well and good, so we thanked him and headed for that fabled boat, encountering Cadmus the Beldum along the way. The ship, the S.S.Anne, as she was named, was full of doughty warriors indeed. And to our surprise, there was the knight whom we had run away from. He had apparently been feigning unconsciousness and was convinced we were an evil enchantress and her Pokemon. He introduced himself as Percival and then strove to smite us with his team of Latias, , Trubbish and Grimer, but Cadmus was mighty indeed, evolving into Metang as he single-handedly triumphed over them. As we continued on through the ship, Yuurei evolved into Haunter.

The Captain was ill but we soothed him and he rewarded us by teaching Hachi to Cut. He recommended challenging the Knight Surge to continue our quest. We smote Surge's Grumpig, Gulpin, and Unfezant and he rewarded us with the Thunder Badge. Then, we headed through a long, deep tunnel to Celadon City where Lady Erika graciously conceded to our request for a battle. We triumphed over her Klang, Xatu and Primeape with grace.

Last edited:

AnjinMiura_PL

Challenger Extraordinaire (?)
Years
Oh, hello there.

Long time ago I've signed in and even started but then had to quit (life and stuff), and lost interest in PKMN games, and now I have a lot of time and gotta get myself to do something, and well, I am here again.

That being said, I remember completing some challenges in 2010 or 2011, tried getting back into it but something always had to stop it. Now I literally have no other option but to start and finish a challenge at once.

So if I can start again, let me sign in:

Username: AnjinMiura_PL (thanks God I was around when I could change the nickname, ha).
Game: Crystal
Era: Medieval Era

For a bit of fun, if that's not a problem, I wanna use if Pokemon is fainted then it's considered dead rule. For a bit of spice, and story-telling possibilities. :D

I will start probably today and post my progress if there's no problem with re-signing me in.

It is time to try and conquer Johto...yet again.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Koga had Heatmor, Magcargo, Garbodor and Makuhita.
Blaine had Diggersby, Ponyta, Mienfoo and Terrakion and three out of my four Pokemon fainted, leaving Araiso the only one… but I won!
Sabrina had Snubbull, Spinarak, Doduo and Heracross. Giovanni had Nidorina, Wormadam, Kricketune, Crustle and Serperior. Earth Badge!
Medieval Challenge complete!

Here's the proof: http://picpaste.com/0bfb8bfb17be29ba40098749dcf585a2.png

Final Team: Cadmus (Metang) Lv. 52
Yuurei (Gengar) Lv. 53
Araiso (Greninja) Lv. 52
Hachi (Beedrill) Lv. 50

I am so glad I wasn't doing a nuzlocke as well because Hachi died at least a dozen times. He was the hardest of my Pokemon to train...

Time to do a new challenge!
Game: Red randomized 721 (randomize items, HMs and Pokemon)
Era: Stone Age

My starter is Neville the Flygon and my rival had a Ludicolo!
On Route 2 I caught Harris the Bellsprout.
I beat Brock's Nidoking and Trapinch and got the Boulder Badge.
The Magikarp guy sold me a Relicanth and I named him Orville!
Misty had Muk and Clefairy and I won the Cascade Badge!

Question: In order to get to Saffron City, I need to buy a drink to give to the guards. Can I do that, or would that be breaking the rules of the challenge since I can't use Poke Marts in the Stone Age?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Question: In order to get to Saffron City, I need to buy a drink to give to the guards. Can I do that, or would that be breaking the rules of the challenge since I can't use Poke Marts in the Stone Age?

The rules do not apply to the purchases that are mandatory for story completion so feel free to buy the drink.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
Username: Penguini
Game: Plaitnum
Era: Westward Expansion

Here's my planned team. Let me know if anything isnt allowed please!
-Torterra
-Probopass
-Altaria
-Rapidash
-Tentacruel
-Machamp Or Rotom after asking this question. You said electric types are banned and Rotom is a mandatory pokemon, however Rotom is both an electric and ghost. Because it is mandatory does it not matter or does it matter since it still breaks the rules?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username: Penguini
Game: Plaitnum
Era: Westward Expansion

Here's my planned team. Let me know if anything isnt allowed please!
-Torterra
-Probopass
-Altaria
-Rapidash
-Tentacruel
-Machamp Or Rotom after asking this question. You said electric types are banned and Rotom is a mandatory pokemon, however Rotom is both an electric and ghost. Because it is mandatory does it not matter or does it matter since it still breaks the rules?

Mandatory pokemon are extempt from the rules. You can use the mandatory pokemon regardless of typing.
And your chosen team looks good.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I am seriously dying in the Stone Age here... T.T maybe I'll restart it later...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Username: gummybuns
Game: Pokemon 3d (fan game, but plays out exactly like hgss and has almost all the pokemon up to gen 6)
Era: All in time order (current: Jurassic Jam
Team: Jaws (Totodile) male

I have a quick question regarding the challenge, can I do something like an ultimate challenge version of this, and then start at the Jurassic era and then after I complete that one, delete my save and go upward till I finish the last era? And a second quick question is, can I use an arcanine on my team... its a fire type, and its not really a cute pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username: gummybuns
I have a quick question regarding the challenge, can I do something like an ultimate challenge version of this, and then start at the Jurassic era and then after I complete that one, delete my save and go upward till I finish the last era? And a second quick question is, can I use an arcanine on my team... its a fire type, and its not really a cute pokemon.

Yes, you can do the ultimate by completing a game, then deleting the save and so on.

And you can use Arcanine.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
-UPDATE-
(cant really screenshot or anything...)
Caught a Growlithe and named him Buddy (I couldnt think of a name so I picked what my sister named her shiny growlithe)

Beat Falkner

Beat Team Rocket at Slowpoke Well

Caught a Slowpoke and name her Poke (The darn thing has no pupils ;-;)

Beat Bugsy

Went into a Hidden Grotto and caught a glitchbox that had No written on it, which turned out to be a Shellos and named her NO (not all the sprites were implemented into the game yet)

Found a Hidden Grotto in National park and caught a Spinarak and named her SpiderGURL (Im soo creative :3)

Beat Whitney

traveled to ekruteak city

Beat Morty

Traveled to Olivine city

caught a Corsola and named her Coral

went to the safari zone and caught a Tropius and named her Bannana and a Larvitar which I named him Tyran

CURRENT TEAM:

Jaws (Croconaw) m lvl 31

Buddy (growlithe) m lvl 30

Poke (Slowpoke) f lvl 27

Tyran (Larvitar) m lvl 25

Bannana (Tropius) f lvl 24

Coral (Corsola) f lvl 20

Also quick thing... since there is no currency I take it im not allowed to go to the safari zone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back