• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Very happy with the overall response to the starters - there's been no standout favourite :D

Today, I'm here on business. Having to consider all the elements of gameplay, there are a few areas with no cover.

We are in need of someone to rip or locate the sound effects used on the Pokémon menu and battle systems, as we do not currently have access to them. They are very important for the development of the game. If anyone knows what they're doing with these sounds, it would be greatly appreciated.

Now, slightly less vital at this stage but no less important in the long run, we will be in need of animations for new attacks from this game, and new attacks from D/P. Is there any way anyone could help out in this department?

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
Now, slightly less vital at this stage but no less important in the long run, we will be in need of animations for new attacks from this game, and new attacks from D/P. Is there any way anyone could help out in this department?

there is a person at serebii forums that does crazy attack animations, and by crazy, i mean incredibly good. he/she fulfills requests, so if you're any good at convincing, you might just have someone to get them done.

good luck ;)

Colbat

Friend Code: 1847 8145 3065
Years
Yes... I also like the game! I am a member at the forums and really think this is the best game ever made!!! ^ ^

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Is this a downloadable yet?

Comments like this are generally avoided by reading ;) There's no release date determined for this game yet, as it all depends on the work rates of individuals as we contend with that strange thing called real life... I know, I'm as shocked as you all are!! :D

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Thank you for your support :D Hopefully you'll LIKE it more than D/P too

Pretty pictures to keep you guys happy!

Two delightful features - Nicknaming and Evolution - have been implemented fully by the fantastic Baskinein. I do believe that no other fan game has yet fully incorporated these features - or if they have I'm yet to hear of it :)

ThaEks

I want a Pokemon!!! ^^,
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 29, 2007
Hi!
Just to say that this game is lookin really great. Nice screenies and I love the fakemons. Some of them are a better than the nintendo ones.
Congratulations to the big artists there in your team. I just love their work man.

Keep it up! ;)

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Thanks very much, and thanks for putting us in your sig :)

In a break from tedious revision which is keeping me from doing as much as I'd like, I've completed another nice map! :D

Hurrah. Very pleased with this one. Thanks to Whitey for the houses, Blennix for the Hotel, and Gridiron for permission to use the lighthouse. Market area means there is no Mart, and I'm trying out sideways steps inspired by Diamond and Pearl.

We're also working on the Pokédex order and renaming some of our Pokémon. This is fun. The results of this horrifically dull exercise will be up soonish I hope. Bear with us, this is the worst time of year for progress but things will pick up the pace again :)

Years
Looks excellent, except for Whitney's houses. The roof is way too thick for a house that small. There is also a very minor mapping error.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
Looks excellent, except for Whitney's houses. The roof is way too thick for a house that small. There is also a very minor mapping error.

Wow! I would never find that error out. But other than that, the map is quite good. Oh ya, I disagree with you Don Patch. Whitey's houses are really cool. :cool:

ThaEks

I want a Pokemon!!! ^^,
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 29, 2007
Thanks very much, and thanks for putting us in your sig :)

Hurrah. Very pleased with this one. Thanks to Whitey for the houses, Blennix for the Hotel, and Gridiron for permission to use the lighthouse. Market area means there is no Mart, and I'm trying out sideways steps inspired by Diamond and Pearl.

We're also working on the Pokédex order and renaming some of our Pokémon. This is fun. The results of this horrifically dull exercise will be up soonish I hope. Bear with us, this is the worst time of year for progress but things will pick up the pace again :)

You're welcome.
This game needs some promotion around here, it's just simply briliant.
I loved that map...specialy the lighthouse, so cool! And the way you built the island and placed the tiles around...:)...greaaat!
And I don't see any problem with the houses...they're just...diferent! but I like the new desing!

I can't wait to play it.
Don't give up on this project! Pleazzzzz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back