• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
i dunno wats wrong but i just can't open my firered rom with overworld editor. this is wat happens:http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/Gaurav61/overworldproblem.jpg
Go here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85025
And look for the "Overworld Editor: Rebirth Edition".
Bumpity please, I would really like to know this!!!!!!!
Search for the palette in APE, then edit them. Use the color picker to get the values of the colors.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
*facepalm*

How do i do that exactly? (sorry there's alot i still don't understand... i've only been hacking for 3 weeks)

You are going to need a few tools.
1: Advance Map
2: If you want the lava to be animated, you are going to have to replace another animation... like a type of water you wont use, or a flower... For this, you need Tile Molester, look for thethethethe's grass animation editing tutorial, it has the info needed to edit animations...
3:APE (Advanced Pallet Editor) Needed to change the pallets of things if you ARE going to use an animation.

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
Years
For scripting use XSE. For text editing, if you goto the ini folder with Advance Map, there's a file called Table. Open that and there are all the character values used. You can search them in a hex editor.
I've been doing that from the start, and the Problem is, editing the text of each person causes glitches elsewhere in the game? How do I rectify this?

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2010
Can Someone tell me how to convert poketronics values to somthing that I can use in advance map?

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Is there a way to increase the level cap in firered? If so how?
Is there a way to increase the amount of TM's in firered?
Trying to use shiny hack maker to of course put in a shiny battle but whenever i make the script and insert it the game freezez as soon as I talk to the sprite to start the event, how do i fix this?
seriously really need answers to these. Well mainly just the third one.

Years
Is there anywhere I can get a version of Advance Text before 3.11?
I had the other one installed, but deleted it when 3.11 came out, so i deleted it cuz it was obsolete now.
Failing that, how do i get 3.11 to work? When I click on it. the report error stuff comes up.

Years
Level scripts not working on Ruby rom

For some reason i cant get any level scripts to work on any of my maps no neither firered or ruby. Ive followed cooley's leveling tutorial but it isnt working out. This is one of the things that pops up:
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5213/wentwrong.png
and
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/885/gfg.png

Ive got one to work on firered but for some reason i cant get any more to work on a fire red rom or a ruby rom. What might be the problem?

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Well, I am actually looking for a way to expand it so that the icons all have their own palettes. Is that possible?
It could be if you expand the table of pointers. (Search before asking how.)
already tried it...same thing happens. i'm starting to think its my rom.
I agree. Try another ROM, from another site. If it still doesn't work then... I dunno. :\

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
REALLY NEED HELP HERE!!!

Is there a way to increase the level cap in firered? If so how?

Is there a way to increase the amount of TM's in firered? If so how?

Trying to use shiny hack maker to of course put in a shiny battle but whenever i make the script and insert it the game freezez as soon as I talk to the sprite to start the event, how do i fix this?
Is there a way to make the 25 pokemon between celebi and treecko appear in the pokedex? If so how?

Sorry for the repost but I really need answers to these questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back