• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New moves speculation!

Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
we need a strong normal type move with no backdrops coz duble edge and take down are not too good :( and hyper beem

Years
This has probably been suggested, but some kind of physical Hidden Power.

Hidden Power, though not very strong, even maxed out, can be very fun to use in-game, and can be useful for type-coverage for Pokemon with limited movepools. However, any Pokemon that are primarily physical based are just out of luck.

I agree with this person, I'd love to see a physical counterpart to Hidden Power that can suit those physical-oriented Pokemon with shallow movepools, like Flareon. I'd be a bit confused as to what they'd call it though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I had a pretty fun dream about a grass type entry hazard. It works like Toxic Spikes just not a status damage. The attack leaves the field surrounded in a spore cloud. When Pokemon switch in they get leech seeded. Grass types get their immunity but don't destroy the ability.

Years
Gang up:

A random pokemon from your team is sent out to gang up on the opponent and you may attack with both of them as if it were a double battle. It has like 5pp or something and once a pokemon faints you have to use it again to repeat the move. It can be used twice to get three pokemon on the go.

If that is too overpowered maybe the opponent is able to send out more pokemon too when the move is activated.

Obviously it can't be used if you only have one pokemon!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Status Shock, a psychic move that have 50 base accuracy and the effect of the attack is that when you use it, your opponent is hit with a random status effect (Burn, poison, frozen or sleep)

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
A few more ideas just came up in my head.

ShortCircuit: An Electric-type equivalent of Explosion, which faints the user but does huge damage to everything around it.

Fog: A weather condition which lowers accuracy of all Pokemon on the field. Doesn't affect Pokemon with Keen Eye or anything like that.

Barrel Roll: One of Boilurn's signature moves. :P It is the Steel-type equivalent of Rollout. It starts with 35 base power and is doubles each turn. It's base power is doubled when it uses Withdraw, rather than Defense Curl.

Boil: A unique Fire-type status move (We need more of those don't we?) which gives the opposing Pokemon a burn the next time it makes contact with this Pokemon.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I had a pretty fun dream about a grass type entry hazard. It works like Toxic Spikes just not a status damage. The attack leaves the field surrounded in a spore cloud. When Pokemon switch in they get leech seeded. Grass types get their immunity but don't destroy the ability.

I really like this actually. SubSeeding is a pretty relevant stall strategy. Adding in that passive damage, plus healing your team, would make stall become much more viable again. Of course, it'd have to be similar to Stealth Rock in the sense that you couldn't stack layers up to do more damage. Otherwise this is a fantastic idea. Honestly, just more varied entry hazards in general that do different forms of passive damage would be cool. Maybe Flaming Spikes that would cause burn upon switching in?

Years
Status Shock, a psychic move that have 50 base accuracy and the effect of the attack is that when you use it, your opponent is hit with a random status effect (Burn, poison, frozen or sleep)

That looks like a pretty fun move although that accuracy looks unappealing.

I also thought of a new idea for an attack, I'd like to see a special-based variant of Foul Play that calculates the foe's Special Attack stat when doing the damage. The Foul Play we already know is physical based so a special counterpart would be pretty cool.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
How about one that causes sleep? It may result in a rise of pokemon with Insomia.

Do you guys think Xerneas and Yvetal's signature moves will have any other effects? Also do you think they maybe two turn like Kyurem's? Or work like Dialga's Roar of Time?

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
There's this DARK type move that acts like U-Turn and Volt Switch but instead of dealing damage it lowers the opponent's Atk and Sp.Atk. It has been confirmed but I forgot the name. Can you imagine the momentum you could gain or keep it going in the metagame via this move? Its something I'm looking forward to.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
There's this DARK type move that acts like U-Turn and Volt Switch but instead of dealing damage it lowers the opponent's Atk and Sp.Atk. It has been confirmed but I forgot the name. Can you imagine the momentum you could gain or keep it going in the metagame via this move? Its something I'm looking forward to.

Parting Shot! Definitely seems like something that will be thrown into VoltTurn core teams to keep up momentum. Admittedly it just sounds like something that would make it even easier to abuse (since as long as you can keep hazards off the field VoltTurn is a pretty easy strategy to abuse), so I'm not a giant fan of it in that sense. Just as a stand-alone move I do like it though.

tnfsf11

Guys Guys how about a status move called Grass Pile in which the user hides in a pile of grass thus raising evasion?
This looks interesting! But it should be limited to Grass pokes though...

Another move I would really like is a move that boosts the user's accuracy, called something like "Tight Eyes" or "Sharp Lens", would be really nice & would help benefit from moves like Hypnosis & Sleep Powder.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Guys Guys how about a status move called Grass Pile in which the user hides in a pile of grass thus raising evasion?

...Isn't that just a grass version of Double Team?

And I agree with what a member above said about needing a powerful normal attack... I mean Return is fine for competitive where the damage will always be at max but it's a pain in-game.

I wonder if Moonblast will be the Fairy equivalent to Surf/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Ice Beam... Or it could be the Hydro Pump/Fire Blast/Thunder/Blizzard counterpart?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
how about a status move called Grass Pile in which the user hides in a pile of grass thus raising evasion?

I quite like this idea too, although I'm not sure about it raising evasion. It feels more like a defense boosting move, rather than evasion, although if that move raises both defense and evasion that would be cool, and would certainly make it unique. It could be used generally on Pokemon that can cover themselves such as Swadloon and Tangrowth.

A couple more moves came off the top of my head:
One move I thought of is Toxic Tongue, which does 40 damage and has a 50% chance to badly poison the target. I think this will be more reliable than Poison Fang.

Another idea of mine is to have an Ice-type trapping move, such as Flurry Blow. It basically a cold gust of wind launched at the target, and it damages every turn, just like Whirlpool etc.

Another thought is Tsunami, a special Water-type phazing move which works just like Dragon Tail.

Back