• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"It's fine. I'm not mad. Just don't do it again!" Snivy said. Brian walked back to his desk and sat down.
"Heh, don't worry about it! If anything, I wish Snivy was a bit more friendly! She could use more friends," Brian said. Snivy sat down on Bri's desk, ready for the next part of class to start.

"Hey, I wonder what she's going to make us do next!" Brian said. He was enjoying this class so far. He wanted to know what else he could do. Duster climbed up on the desk, and looked from Snivy to Snype, and back again.
"You ok? You wanna talk about it?" she asked Snivy gently.
"Get lost!" Snivy said. Duster ignored her and sat down next to her.
"Come on! I'm trying to be nice! You could at least meet me halfway!" Duster said.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Selene watched out of the corner of her eyes as Valorie picked up the message from her lap. Yeah she was reading it...GOTCHA. Her cheeks flushed a tell-tale pink...brilliant, that meant she was SO looking nice for SOMEONE's benefit...Sel doubted that Valorie would actually tell her 'Yeah, I made an effort for Mark so we could fall in love and get married and have babies," but any kind of clue, any kind of inclination would help her in her quest. She had promised Mark that she would use the power of girl-talk to try and help him win Valorie over...but from that pink face there wasn't much winning over necessary! Simply a case of pushing them together a bit, like nudging Ri into the bathtub. Sel knew it was for his own good...he just needed a bit of encouragement.

Leaning back in her chair, Sel was distracted as Jack scribbled a note back...he didn't even try to be covert about it. She looked up at him, not sure whether she should be impressed by his open flouting of the rules or whether she should find him foolish. Reading the note, she couldn't help but cough loudly, spluttering slightly. MORE...LAPS..? she scrawled violently, not believing what she was reading. Myth isn't the best class on our timetable...but LAPS? she shook her heard in disbelief and started as the note she'd written to Valorie reappeared in front of her eyes.

Ahhh bless her, she snickered and tried to stifle her grin, putting pen to paper once more.

Oh, interesting. So, you wouldn't be making any efforts for a certain male student currently involved in a double-battles class..? It's okay you know, I know we've only just met but you can tell me - who else would there be to confide in here! Except your pokemon of course...but they won't be able to advise you in return ;)

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype sat on top of the desk and gave off his usual large smile but noticed that Duster and Snivy weren't exactly very good friends. A grudge or out of jealousy... who knew. ["Kehehe. Aw Duster isn't all that bad. Maybe you two should try working together in a double battle. That might help you two get along better."] Snype suggested. ["Hey we may not like everyone we work it, but sometimes you gotta work with it. Trust me."]

"Now that you've seen the demonstration it's your turn to show off! Get your pokemon to work together with different pokemon and think up some different strategies! Consider it your first assignment. Write down what you think would result if two pokemon combined certain moves. Afterwards we'll test them outside." Luana said. Marowak handed out blank sheets of lined paper to everybody in the class. One Paragraph explaining what would result of a team attack huh... seems simple enough...

"Writing... meh... at least we'll be able to try it out afterwards." He said to Bri. "Snype over here knows Sucker Punch, Night Shade, Scratch, Foresight, and Double Team. Lets see if we can think of more ways for our Pokemon to use their attacks together." Mark said, picking up his pencil and pondering what to write.

Nideous

Years
"It might help if I knew what Foresight and Night Shade did... Hmm, I can think of something. What if Snivy uses Attract? Then, while the opponent is distracted, Snype uses some kind of powerful attack. But that would only work if the pokemon is a male. I've got another idea, maybe use Sucker Punch to throw Snivy, while she uses Tackle? Could that work?" Brian said uncertainly. He liked his first idea, and knew that one could work.

"Your being mean! Why won't you talk to me!? We're on the same team!" Duster said. Snivy sighed and shook her head. Those two wouldn't leave her alone, and she was getting annoyed by it.
"Guys, I really don't want to talk about it. Let's move on to something else, since neither one of you will leave me be," Snivy said evenly. Anything would be better to talk about than where that subject was going. Brian smiled, but pointidly ignored her. She never offered to talk about anything! She was loosening up a bit, which was good. He just hoped Duster and Snype would have the good sense not to prod her to hard, or she'd just get mean again.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Once Valorie presumably got the note back with a new message she began reading it. As she read, t all clicked and made sense to her at once. She finally understood what Selene was doing. Selene thought Valorie was in love! Judging by the fact Selene had been there during that whoke potion exchange deal last night she assumed Selene meant Mark. Had Brian said he was going to Doubles too? Valorie couldn't remember. She had been more focused on the beach. Her eyes widened a bit, and her expression became unnaturally deadpan shortly thereafter. She was obviously restraining herself in an attempt to preserve her dignity. I mean, sure Mark was a nice guy and all, but that didn't make it any less embarrassing to get called on it. Valorie began writing down a response, which would then be telepathically lifted and carried back over to Selene by Dratini.

It read as followed:

N Well... yeah! I mean, I guess so. I've gotta look good for my upcoming battle. There's nothing wrong with dressing to impress, right? I still haven't figured out which pokemon I'm going to use...

Valorie had thought to write some sort of heart gushy comment about being thankful for Selene's kindness, but decided that was too awkward. She no longer seemed confused or frustrated, giving she was obviously hiding emotions, probably embarrassment. She seemed to trust Selene, thong she was avoiding making the whole dressing to impress thing a big deal.

-------------
Charmander ♀ Level 14
Dratini ♀ Level 16
Trapinch ♀ Level 15

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Snype held up his hands ["Hey hey, I didn't mean anything by it. We don't know eachother that well so what would I know? Sorry if I'm being nosey... lets get back to the double battle topic eh?"] Snype said to Snivy.

Mark thought about Bri's suggestions... attract would be a great distraction for Snype to get a good hit on another Pokemon. He chuckled thinking about it. It would be like Snype was protection Snivy from some hopeless romantic. He decided not to mention it though since Snivy would probably get all pissy. Nonetheless, he wrote it down on his paper, along with the other ideas.

"You know... I have a Porygon on me if you know about that species." He said, letting Commodore out of his ball. Commodore greeted all of the pokemon. "He has a move called sharpen which changes his smooth sides into razor sharp ones. What if Snivy threw him with Vine whip as he sharpened himself up for a Tackle attack? That would be alot of extra force for the attack."

Mark began to think about what was going on at Selene's side and what she was doing over there. Maybe he should get Len to battle this time around. He didn't get to battle at all yet. With the beach environment, It would be great for Len to battle there and make use of all of the water.

Nideous

Years
"Hey, that's a great idea! And as for Duster, she knows Helping Hand and Sand Attack! Maybe we could think of ways to use those as well!" Brian said.
"You're really getting into this, aren't you?" Snivy asked him. He nodded eagerly. This was fun! He might not like it as much when he tried those ideas, but he would enjoy making them. He thought for a moment.
"Hey, what about if we can switch pokemon in the middle of the fight? Then we could do more stuff! Like, I have Duster use Helping hand, then send in Snivy and do what you said to do with the Porygon? By the way, what is your Porygon called? I've never seen a pokemon without a name before!" Brian said.
"Except for Snivy! She doesn't have a name!" Duster said. Snivy rose to the bait.
"And what makes you think I don't have a name? I... Never mind," she said. She wished they could move on. This was getting irritating! Duster looked at her curiously.

Megaman765

Years
"Oh! Porygon here? His name is Commodore." Mark said. Porygon announced his name at the same time as Mark to the other pokemon and stared at them blankly. Snivy floated over to the group on top of the desk. And began to speak up.

["Discussion about Double battles I'm assuming. I could possibly conjure a few ideas myself."] Commodore said in a monotone voice. ["Perhaps my Charge beam could be combined with another kind of Projectile for extra force?"]

Snype chuckled at Duster's comment about names. ["Hey comon Duster! Snivy is still a name! A fine name if you don't mind me saying. Some pokemon sound fine without nicknames. I mean, in my case, I dunno if you would want to constantly call me Sableye."] Snype said.

Mark continued writing all of these ideas on his paper and thought of another idea. He had at least a pararaph written down but wanted to think of more ideas... "Hey! Call it silly, But maybe Duster can do that dancing thing he does to get a Pokemon dizzy! That'll really handicap them and give Commodore here a sure shot with one of his attacks."

Nideous

Years
"That's a good idea too!" Brian said. Snivy regarded Commodore with little interest.
"I can use Bullet Seed, would that be projectile enough for you?" Snivy said. Duster ignored Snype. Instead, she jumped onto Mark's desk and poked him in the chest.
"I'm a girl! Are you blind?!" she said, slightly angrily. Brian looked at her.
"Calm down, Duster! It was a simple mistake!" Brian said.
"Sand Attack from Duster, and Double Team from Snype would throw any enemies off balance. Then use some kind of other attack. That would work!" Snivy said. She said it in such a way that she felt she wouldn't be questioned. She sat down on the desk. She also ignored what Snype said about her name. She didn't care one way or another what he thought, or so she told herself.

Megaman765

Years
((lol sorry for mistaking dusters gender XD meant to say she)) :P

Mark felt duster poke at his chest. "oof! Hey! Sorry my tongue slipped!" Mark said. Both him and Snype laughed with eachother. Mark tended to say the wrong stuff without even knowing alot of the time. Not so bad that he started mistaking Snype for a girl though. He would really need help if that were the case. Mark pet Duster.

["Agreed. Bullet seed will work just fine."] Commodore replied.

"All good ideas! Double team and Sand attack would really hurt alot!" Mark replied.

["Kehehe! Now your talking!"] Snype replied to Snivy. He couldn't wait to test these ideas out. Commodore's eyes gave off an expression of happiness as well.

"Alright I think you've all had enough time to think up some clever tactics. Lets all head outside and put them to the test!" Luana said. "Oh, and hang on to your papers. I'll be collecting them after class. "

Nideous

Years
Brian looked worried. He had forgotten that they were supposed to write everything down. He looked imploringly at Mark, who was petting a now very happy Duster. Snivy climbed up on Bri's shoulder.
"Um... I kind of forgot to write this tuff all down," he admitted, emberassed at his own forgetfulness. He stood up with the rest of the students, and followed them out. Duster was right on his heels.

(OOC: No problem!)

Megaman765

Years
Mark probably should have reminded Bri to write this stuff down but he had an idea nonetheless. "Well, I can write this off as a team effort." Mark said writing Bri's name on the paper. "We did kind of work together to make these moves." Mark got up from his seat and followed Bri out to the hallway. Snivy and Commodore followed him as well.

"Hey! After we get some practice in lets see if we can leave early to prepare for the beach! If we have time, Maybe we can find a TM for Duster in one of the shops! I'm pretty sure they have stores in the Pokemon Center. They recently moved in there."

TM's tended to be expencive... but the least they could do is see what merchandise is available in the shops.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Alice continued sitting near the door, reading her book. All the other students in the class were crowded right in front of the door. "Come on!" one of the students yelled. "Where's the teacher?!" another asked. Alice ignored them and cheerfully read about several Unova Pokémon. She glanced up and noticed some students from another class going outside. She saw Mark walking with Bri.

"I'm following you after class, just to let you know!" she called out, but wasn't certain if she said it loudly enough for him to hear. Psh, maybe for everyone else at the school it'd be after class, but for Alice it would be after waiting for a teacher that wasn't going to show up. Jem calmly looked at Alice, lashing his six tails.

Nideous

Years
"That sounds cool! Maybe we could do that!" Brian said, "And thanks for putting my name on the paper!"
Brian wanted to get to the beach, but he wanted a TM for Duster more. Unfortunately, he had no money. And with no money, he couldn't afford one. He wanted to see what they had, at least. Maybe he could find a job on campus to help pay for things like that. Snivy interupted his thoughts.
"We're nearly there, get ready!" Snivy said. Bri collected his thoughts. He wondered what they would try first.

"I'm following you after class, just to let you know!" someone shouted. Brian whirled around to see who had yelled at him. He waved nervously when he realized it was Alice who shouted at him. Snivy laughed at him.

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Skye watched the other boy leave, looking confused. That guy was awfully grumpy. Rama snorted as he left, pacing around his trainer's feet as Skye sat down. Ellie took this as an excuse to leave her Pokeball and start digging. The boy sighed. There was nothing he could do with Ellie, truly. Rama rested in his lap, watching Ellie dig enthusiastically.

"Maybe she'll dig through the ocean," Rama commented, causing Skye to laugh. He hoped not. Idly, he wondered how that boy was doing. The guy had been staring at him yesterday like a hawk during Mythology class. It had been kind of freaky.

Rama read his mind and grinned. "Probably wanted a battle." Skye shrugged, guessing his words.

"Thuh-hat w-would b-be a tough one," the male admitted. "H-He was strong, I-I could suh-hense it." Skye could tell someone's abilities pretty well. He had been raised near a Gym and his brother had taught him special signs to watch for.It was how he knew who was someone to watch. So far, he had seen some pretty good people, maybe not for battling just yet but sometime soon he would like to.

Ellie huffed, leaving the hole she had dug. "That teacher's late. Jerk."

Megaman765

Years
As mark headed on outside he heard a familiar voice from one of the classrooms. It was Alice, telling him that she was going to follow both of them after class. Outside or to the beach? He thought. Either way, more company. "We'll see ya there then!" Mark called back to Alice. Snype waved.

Eventually both of them made it outside. From what he could tell, the other classes could probably see them if they peeked outside of their windows. Snype chucked hearing how upbeat Snivy sounded. ["Your sound excited!"] Snype commented, giving off his usual large Smile.

Nideous

Years
"More like ready to get this over with," Snivy said. She shrugged at him. Duster climbed up onto Brian's other shoulder.
"Come on! You know this will be fun!" Duster said. Snivy shoved Duster off, right ino Brian's hands. He sighed.
"Can't you two get along? Just for one day?" Brian said.
"Yes, if she would learn not to annoy me!" Snivy said. Duster smiled up at her.
"So... What do you want to try first, Mark?" Brian asked. He was well aware of the fact that everyone could look out the window and see him. He hoped that it would be fine. He hoped no one would laugh at him.

Megaman765

Years
Mark looked around the open field. Several trainers were either paired up together, or using two of their own pokemon to practice working together. A battle would be nice but he didn't want to risk getting his pokemon hurt before going to the beach. He planned to spend his time to relax in the sun, not in a doctors office.

"We'll use that tree over there as a target." Mark said, pointing toward it. "Lets not overdo it though. We need to save our energy when we all go to the beach." Snype chuckled cheerfully. He wanted to be done and over with it as well. A couple exercises and they could head out and prepare.

"Alright. Let's try the throwing Commodore over to that Tree." Commodore floated over to Snivy and waited for her to do her part. "And just so that Snype and Duster have something to do, lets see if they can come up with anything together.

["Commodore. Please to meet you. I'm not to heavy I hope."] Commodore said to Snivy.

Snype walked over to Duster and leaned against her. ["So Duster! Let's see how we can make use of helping hand. I barely know how the move works myself so might as well see how it works when we're co-operating."] Snype said to her.

Nideous

Years
"Alright! Let's do this!" Brian said. Snivy nodded and jumped to the ground. She wrapped her vines around the Porygon, and spun around twice, hurling him as hard as she could toward the tree.

"Ok! Sounds fun to me!" Duster said. She gathered up her energy, and sent it to Snype. Snype started glowing softly, and the sounds of hands clapping could be heard. Duster grinned at him.
"That's not anyone actually clapping. That's just the sound of enrgy being transferred! You can use it now!" Duster said with a smile.

Megaman765

Years
As Commodore was flung to the tree, he immediately used sharpen. As soon as he made contact with the tree, his sharpened nose pinned right into the tree as if it were an arrow. It even made a similar sound one Commodore hit it. Commodore looked happy. ["Replay! Replay!"] Commodore yelled out, with his nose still stuck in the tree. Mark pulled him out and laughed. "Haha, something tells me that attack might do a bit more damage then we'd like huh?" He joked.

["Kehehe, Sounds good."] Snype concentrated as he tried using Night shade. Snype glowed with a dark aura and his eyes began to shine a dark red color. He shot a black beam out of his eyes and targeted the tree. With the boost from Duster's own help, it left quite a dent in the tree target. ["Sheesh! If clapping can do that much...kehehe..."] He laughed mischievously.

Back