• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?

• Yes! I love this new feature!

Votes: 170 89.5%
  • No, I don't like this new feature!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What ten times for champions? Does it matter what region or is it defeat each region's Gym leaders 2 times sort of thing.

You have to beat World Leaders 10 times. That's the mixed set where you could have a little from all 5 regions in the tournament.

I also think some of the match ups could be hilarious if the npc winner is randomly chosen. Like say Erica beating Blaine. It doesn't seem highly possible seeing not only does her attacks not effect Blaine's type she's also at a severe disadvantage. Kinda hope they give you the option to watch the Gym Leader's matches.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
Defeating the Elite Four only unlocks the Unova Leaders. Defeating the Unova Leaders then unlocks all the other Gym leaders. Defeating all the others unlocks the World Leaders. To unlock the Champions (Red, Blue, Lance, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia and Alder) you need to beat the World Leaders 10 times. So it could take a while. I think that's why the info on teams is coming through so slowly.

(Source: Serebii)

Wait which ones are the World Leaders? Are they just the Gym Leaders at higher levels or what?

sdklfsjdf want to fight green now

Edit: Derp, actually calmed down and looked through the posts a little bit. That is awesome omg. And very difficult, apparently. Or maybe it just takes a long time idk.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
You have to beat World Leaders 10 times. That's the mixed set where you could have a little from all 5 regions in the tournament.

I also think some of the match ups could be hilarious if the npc winner is randomly chosen. Like say Erica beating Blaine. It doesn't seem highly possible seeing not only does her attacks not effect Blaine's type she's also at a severe disadvantage. Kinda hope they give you the option to watch the Gym Leader's matches.

I hope they make the matches logical though that would be funny. Specially Flannery defeating Juan with a Magcargo on her team xD

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Wait which ones are the World Leaders? Are they just the Gym Leaders at higher levels or what?

sdklfsjdf want to fight green now

Edit: Derp, actually calmed down and looked through the posts a little bit. That is awesome omg. And very difficult, apparently. Or maybe it just takes a long time idk.
World leaders is a mixture of randomly selected leaders, I think. I love a good challenge, so I'm looking forward to that aspect of it.

I hope they make the matches logical though that would be funny. Specially Flannery defeating Juan with a Magcargo on her team xD
Watching Gym Leaders with a blatant type advantage lose to the disadvantaged leader would be quite hilarious. But yeah, if the game decides a winner at random and Lt. Surge has apparently beaten Giovanni, we are definitely being trolled.

Years
Maybe.

We do know there's going to be one with players from a Japanese tournament going up so it's not all gym leaders. Wonder if they'll do something like that in America. Would be nice if it were a real time tournament

TheBritishNerd

Your local British nerd.
Years
Here's some triple battle teams:

Cress: Basculin, Golduck, Simipour, Azumarill, Slowking, Floatzel
Chili: Heatmor, Magmortar, Simisear, Arcanine, Darmanitan, Camerupt
Cilan: Maractus, Whimsicott, Simisage, Lilligant, Ferrothorn, Jumpluff
Skyla: Swoobat, Braviary, Swanna, Unfezant, Archeops, Mandibuzz
Drayden: Salamence, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Flygon, Altaria, Druddigon
Shizui: Starmie, Alomola (don't know spelling sorry), Jellicent, Carracosta, Mantine,Wailord

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
Versing Johto Leader as we speak. I wish we could watch other Leaders verse each other or something. That would be awesome. What would be even more cooler is if we could choose Pokemon for the Leaders as long as they're of the specific type and pit them against each other.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
When is the earliest time you're able to participate?
during the main story or post-game?

and I have to fight Gym Leaders over and over again just to face the Champions?

ugh...they should've added the Elite Four Members and have you battle eight gym leaders, all four Elite Four members and then the Champion of each region, and every time you beat them their pokemon get randomized from their teams for the next time you battle them

and is 50 the level cap?

Years
When is the earliest time you're able to participate?
during the main story or post-game?

and I have to fight Gym Leaders over and over again just to face the Champions?

ugh...they should've added the Elite Four Members and have you battle eight gym leaders, all four Elite Four members and then the Champion of each region, and every time you beat them their pokemon get randomized from their teams for the next time you battle them

and is 50 the level cap?
You have to go during the main game. You battle Cheren,Rival, and Akuroma (not sure if in that order). And to challenge the Unova gym leaders you need to beat the Pokemon league.

I know right, they missed a chance to get add more epicness...

I beleive it is unless there is a lv 100 option (not sure about this one)

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

You have to go during the main game. You battle Cheren,Rival, and Akuroma (not sure if in that order). And to challenge the Unova gym leaders you need to beat the Pokemon league.

I know right, they missed a chance to get add more epicness...

I beleive it is unless there is a lv 100 option (not sure about this one)

looks like you battle your Rival, Cheren and Akuroma/Achroma(?)

nice...

Years
Yes, I see it as a sneak peak into the tournament. Can wait to try it out when I arrive at Driftveil once B2W2 come out in NA...
Has anyone challenged Red yet?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Yes, I see it as a sneak peak into the tournament. Can wait to try it out when I arrive at Driftveil once B2W2 come out in NA...
Has anyone challenged Red yet?

I've seen a video on Youtube video of someone battling Red, he used Snorlax, Lapras and Charizard and can probably use Venusaur, Blastoise and Pikachu...

and he used the Johto Champion theme as always

still mute though

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Finished E4, working on getting my Flygon ready then I'll start tackling it.
I see more teams are up, so I'll start looking for their movesets / hold items.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
none of the Gym Leaders or Champions use their VS Sprites, they just have their enlarged sprites show up on a large video monitor in the background, showing just their head...rather lazy if you ask me

who cares, it's still fun

Last edited:

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
So glad they went with "6 Pokemon, 3 chosen at random." If they only had 3, I would've been kind of bummed as you would be able to check them every time.

Just unlocked everyone today I think. I beat Unova, and the options for everything else just...opened. I thought it would be "one at a time" unlock. I won my first try too, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back