• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hey guys!

This is pretty belated cause I have 100+ posts in the community already, but it's always bothered me that I've never bothered to actually introduce myself.

I'm Cliona, or CliCliW. I'm 20 years of age and I'm a Pokemon fan.

Oh boy, I suck at these...

I've been playing Pokemon since the tender age of... I don't actually know... all the way back with Pokemon blue. Since then I've had at least one game from every Gen and though I dip in and out of the fandom, it's something I always end up coming back to. I can't name a favourite 'mon because it changes so often, but right now it's Slowbro.

I'm also a big fan of the Beatles, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural and the Song of Ice and Fire books, among tons of other things :)

I'm not really sure what else to say really, but I guess I'll see you on the forums!

Hey Cliona, I love that name!

I've seen you quite a bit around the community already during the 9 months you've been a member here. I've always had fave Pokemon changing every generation until my beloved Oshawott won me over in Gen 5, and never looked back since. With X and Y on the way, I could easily find some new favorites so quickly, and it looks like I'm happy with all the new Pokemon so far. October needs to come sooner not just because of X/Y but my bday too lol (I'm gonna be the big 21 this year)

Hope to see more of you around Cliona!

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Hey there, you two! A big welcome to PC! :D

What's up, Cli! I moved your thread over to the New Users' Hangout since you've already accumulated a lot of posts and have been here a while, so you're not really that new anymore. But that's okay! We can all reply to your post here.
Thanks for moving it! :) I really wasn't sure what to do - introduce myself and hope to actually make friends or just keep going and make friends that way :P

My favorite Pokemon has been changing a lot lately too.. I mean, there are over 600 and soon to be around 700+ total Pokemon so it's just so difficult to pick. The Slowpoke line has always been adorable, though. <3 Hope you've been enjoying your stay here! :)
Slowpoke line is definitely adorable, all pink and squishy :P

My stay so far has been pretty pleasant, yeah! Members are generally really friendly and good to chat to in the threads. It's really great and I love how integrated it is in terms of age groups! :)

Hey Cliona, I love that name!
Thank you! I like it too :P Though it does get annoying when people think you've introduced yourself as Fiona or Leona......... :|

I've seen you quite a bit around the community already during the 9 months you've been a member here. I've always had fave Pokemon changing every generation until my beloved Oshawott won me over in Gen 5, and never looked back since.
Really? I don't know I never quite saw the charm of Oshawott.. I think that was because I (regrettably) chose Snivy playing White version though and never got to bond with Oshy.... I really didn't like Snivy....
With X and Y on the way, I could easily find some new favorites so quickly, and it looks like I'm happy with all the new Pokemon so far. October needs to come sooner not just because of X/Y but my bday too lol (I'm gonna be the big 21 this year)
Double celebration lol, it's like Nintendo is releasing them especially for your birthday and all the October birthdays around the world! :D

Hope to see more of you around Cliona!

Oh don't worry........ You will......... >:) {XD}

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
hi friends my name is Arsalan. you all can call me mak ...

Hi there Mak and welcome to PC! Anything in particular you joined PC for? Is it to just discuss Pokemon or maybe just to make friends? I'd like to get to know you more so don't be shy! Have fun here and see you around!

Years
Hey there Mak, and welcome to PC! Feel free to make yourself here at home and introduce yourself if you want to! :)

Remember to look over the rules as well and if you have any questions, feel free to contact a moderator, super moderator, and or a staff administrator anytime you need help and we'd be glad to help out!

Hope to see ya around! If ya wanna chat just feel free to leave me a VM! ^_^

Years

Heya Mak and welcome to PC!

You should make an introduction thread right now if you haven't already, but welcoming yourself in this thread is fine too. Anyways, what reasons did you join for? Discussing the latest Pokemon topics? Making new friends with people who love Pokemon? I'm sure you'll tell us soon enough, and remember to contact those staff members if ya need help!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I made my thread but I'll just drop in here to say a hi to my fellow new members.

Hey all, I'm Savant ^^

Hi Savant! I'm Megan, it's nice to meet ya! Hope everything is going well for you around here, and hope you settled in the forum. :D

Years
I made my thread but I'll just drop in here to say a hi to my fellow new members.

Hey all, I'm Savant ^^
I posted in your thread but I'd like to welcome you over here as well! ^^

Remember, if you have questions, feel free to ask a moderator, super moderator, and or a staff administrator, and we'd be glad to help out! ^_^

Years

Hey all, I'm Savant ^^

Hey again Savant and welcome!

I know I already welcomed you but it won't hurt to post here too, and while the thread is called the New Users' Hangout, it's also a place where you can actually meet some of the members who have been around for ages like Zach, Megan and myself. Remember, meeting some of the experienced members is good because you'll know how friendly we are towards newbies.

We all do hope to see you getting active in the near future!

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Hi, I'm new here. I really don't know what to say so ... Yea. I came across this site a wile back and just decided to join. I have been a pokemon fan since the release of fire red and I like to think that I know my stuff, but I most likely don't. I do like to test myself regardless of what others say. With that said, I hope I can find some new friends to talk and trade pokemon!

Savant

Natural Born Breeder
Years
Hi, I'm new here. I really don't know what to say so ... Yea. I came across this site a wile back and just decided to join. I have been a pokemon fan since the release of fire red and I like to think that I know my stuff, but I most likely don't. I do like to test myself regardless of what others say. With that said, I hope I can find some new friends to talk and trade pokemon!

Hey man welcome ^^ I'm always up for a discussion on just about anything (except politics lol) so feel free to hit me a VM.

@ Megan, Zach and Hikari, thanks guys ^^

NameMeansAll

Stay true-anything is Possible
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 27, 2013
Hello I just joined here today. So far a lot of lovely cool people on here. Thanks for the short few who did welcome me. I just wanted to ask in the ART section on here how do you set up your own gallery? And when you do, do you have to have a lot of work to show first off? I only got one sketch a an Pokemon so far. Was not sure if I have to wait to upload more. If anyone can help me out be much appreciative.

Years

Hi there and welcome!

It's glad you finally joined because PC is a really active and friendly community and you'll be certain to meet new friends here. And if you joined for trades, you're definitely in luck because we have the Trade Corner where you can trade any and every Pokemon out there. And if you ever need help there's those helpful staff members in the blue, orange and red.

Anyways, the name's Hikari btw. It's not my real name, but usually what people here call me. Hope to see you around!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hello! TheTorraRegion is actually four people! I'm Igloo, and I'm always looking for friends. I also get bored very easily, soooooooo......chat with me! Anyways some extra info;
TheTorraRegion is an account for our ROM hack, Copper and Flint versions! SME sneak-peak info;
We have two new eeveelutions
Sylveon and fairy type are OUTA HERE!
the new region is, you guessed it, the Torra region.
We have the starters all figured out! :P
The legendaries are beastly dragons (yes, I know, legendary dragon-types are way over-done, but these are.......really, really cool!)
We can't start until football season is over because pokedude plays football.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hello! TheTorraRegion is actually four people! I'm Igloo, and I'm always looking for friends. I also get bored very easily, soooooooo......chat with me! Anyways some extra info;
TheTorraRegion is an account for our ROM hack, Copper and Flint versions! SME sneak-peak info;
The legendaries are beastly dragons (yes, I know, legendary dragon-types are way over-done, but these are.......really, really cool!)

Woah four people! Don't think we have a collab account before. That means I can talk with four people at once! XD But welcome you guys and have fun and good luck with the game!

Years

Heya guys and welcome to PC!

I bet if hacks are your thing you should check out the Emulation & ROM Hacking section here if you haven't yet. It is PC's most popular section so you'll know that the hackers lurking there will love to see your project. And I understand if you don't like the new Fairy-type that's coming in Pokemon X & Y, some people thought it was a silly move by Game Freak but I actually like the new type, it's got potential to be awesome so I can't wait to try them out when I play X & Y.

And yeah, have an awesome time here and contact a staff member if you need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back