• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Yay! Now I have to remember where A&M is with this redesign. :P

I am kinda hoping they'll flush out Pendulum more, or well all the existing mechanics. I'm really not sure what they can do next.

I'm kinda glad, my Frightfurs, Lunalights, Speedroids, and Dinomist are all getting support this year. Maybe more down the road for these decks or my others. (Would kill for some AquaActress support actually) I would like to see Sea Lords Amulet and the Crystalzero line come over here.

countryemo

Years
Oh Bajeezus. More Fairy Tail, more Ghost hand traps, more speedroids, more B.E.S (FREE R8NK FODDER), DUSTONS?!, Digital Bugs, Zefra, Familiar-Possessed. o.O

Komanis gone wild!

Sad, no theatres new me are showing the new Dark Side of Dimensions movie. :( Jan 27 if anyones interested!

Last edited:

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
We're getting a new YGO series in April! I am seriously excited for this, haha. Admittedly, I kinda dropped ARC-V at around episode 114 because I lost interest, but I'm really eager to see how this new series turns out! :D

how did you lose interest at 114? i can understand earlier on, but thats where the anime starts to really kick off.
your missing out on our lord and master zarc.
fe433d3ea561534c06cdb64d46528cdaaec82d69eb7a8e20b2c60e0e93e479c9.gif

countryemo

Years
Yu-Gi-Oh News

So Raging Tempest is officially out! I went to the sneak, nothing super good but Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon and got the Mat! Sneak Peak Mat #2 (First was Breakers of Shadow).

Fusion Enforcers in 2 Weeks!

Dinosmashers Fury and Machine Reactor Structure Decks (New Dinosaurs and New Ancient Gears) are both launching April 14th!

countryemo

Years
COME HERE

COME HERE

COME HERE

COME HERE

COME HERE

Just tagging some of y'all. Somehow I post all the news and NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THE BIGGEST NEWS OF THE PAST 3 YEARS.

Up next in the Yu-Gi-Oh Scene:

Spoiler:

I cannot believe I typed all that at. Hopefully I made it easy to understand!

shadowmoon522

Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Just tagging some of y'all. Somehow I post all the news and NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THE BIGGEST NEWS OF THE PAST 3 YEARS.

Spoiler:

I cannot believe I typed all that at. Hopefully I made it easy to understand!
interesting. not surprising pendulum got a nerf, that was to be expected.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
AHH sorry guys I've been m.i.a., been really busy with stuff, haven't done much Yugi too be honest. I did go to the sneak peak awhile back, pulled a Zoodiac Barrage (which I'm still trying to get rid of while it's so high lol)

I saw the new mechanic, haven't fully dived in to see how it works yet, but I think it'll be something that gets me back into the game.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

Spoiler:

Oh snap, whoops haha, I'm also sorry about being dead-ish for a while! xD But I did see the news about VRAINS recently and was excited to post here about it, but then I got lazy and procrastinated. :P Thank you for keeping active here, though!

Regarding Link Summoning, I'm liking it for the most part! Has it really been confirmed that the Extra Deck is staying at 15 cards? If so, that's kind of a bummer (especially for many Synchro decks), but I guess we'll just have to deal with it... Putting that aside though, the mechanic looks legitimately fun to play with, and it will be really interesting to see how much the game will slow down. I'm looking forward to trying things out!

By the way, how will Monarchs and Ritual monsters be affected by this? As in, do you think they would become drastically harder to beat, now? I haven't really been paying attention to Ritual monster archetypes, but I remember that Nekroz used to dominate the metagame at some point back then, and I'd be surprised if there wasn't a stronger Ritual deck by now.

countryemo

Years
interesting. not surprising pendulum got a nerf, that was to be expected.

The first set of rules we got wasn't too bad, Putting the zones in the S/T zone is a okay idea. But treating Face Up pendulum monsters as extra deck monsters and possibly not being able to use it to summon Link Monsters hurts the mechanic a lot. I never had a problem with it, there are powerful cards, but Xyz still was the most powerful imo.

AHH sorry guys I've been m.i.a., been really busy with stuff, haven't done much Yugi too be honest. I did go to the sneak peak awhile back, pulled a Zoodiac Barrage (which I'm still trying to get rid of while it's so high lol)

I saw the new mechanic, haven't fully dived in to see how it works yet, but I think it'll be something that gets me back into the game.

Ah, I didn't get anything good from RATE, but I did pull a D-Barrier the previous set, still haven't sold that yet.

Well barely anyone has since we're still getting rulings and its not out on simulators yet fully. I almost think about quiting, at-least anything above casual.

Oh snap, whoops haha, I'm also sorry about being dead-ish for a while! xD But I did see the news about VRAINS recently and was excited to post here about it, but then I got lazy and procrastinated. :P Thank you for keeping active here, though!

Regarding Link Summoning, I'm liking it for the most part! Has it really been confirmed that the Extra Deck is staying at 15 cards? If so, that's kind of a bummer (especially for many Synchro decks), but I guess we'll just have to deal with it... Putting that aside though, the mechanic looks legitimately fun to play with, and it will be really interesting to see how much the game will slow down. I'm looking forward to trying things out!

By the way, how will Monarchs and Ritual monsters be affected by this? As in, do you think they would become drastically harder to beat, now? I haven't really been paying attention to Ritual monster archetypes, but I remember that Nekroz used to dominate the metagame at some point back then, and I'd be surprised if there wasn't a stronger Ritual deck by now.

It hasn't been confirmed no, just a guess. I kinda think the game won't actually slow down that much. It slows down Extra Deck spam, but Monarchs, Kozmo, Mermail, Lightsworn (they're also getting new support), Nekroz are all powerful main deck archetypes that are still quite fast.

It's hard to say. There have been some new Ritual stuff like the Odd-Eyes ritual, Blue-Eyes Chaos Max, the Cyber Angel archetype with is basically Herald & Friends, not sure how well that will do under Link Summoning, and the Shinobird archetype, its interesting but its main deck monsters are trash. Nekroz still remains the best ritual deck I believe.

pkmin3033

Been a loooooooong time since I posted in here. But I watched The Dark Side of Dimensions the other day, and I really enjoyed it! It was a surprisingly easy to understand "back to basics" kind of thing; part of the reason I've been out of YGO for so long is because the game has advanced so far beyond what is was when I was into it, and for some stupid reason they changed all the terminology...sacrifice is now release or something, etc. I know those aren't new changes, which just goes to show how long I've been out of it! The new cards look very pretty, too...not quite pretty enough to entice me to buy them, but still, the designs are cool.

I'm now re-watching the original series...I'd forgotten how awful Duelist Kingdom was; it doesn't even come close to following the rules, haha. I have a vaguely formed intent to watch every season - asides GX's last one, since it was never dubbed - and get back into the franchise again, but I don't know how far I'll get with it.

countryemo

Years
Been a loooooooong time since I posted in here. But I watched The Dark Side of Dimensions the other day, and I really enjoyed it! It was a surprisingly easy to understand "back to basics" kind of thing; part of the reason I've been out of YGO for so long is because the game has advanced so far beyond what is was when I was into it, and for some stupid reason they changed all the terminology...sacrifice is now release or something, etc. I know those aren't new changes, which just goes to show how long I've been out of it! The new cards look very pretty, too...not quite pretty enough to entice me to buy them, but still, the designs are cool.

I'm now re-watching the original series...I'd forgotten how awful Duelist Kingdom was; it doesn't even come close to following the rules, haha. I have a vaguely formed intent to watch every season - asides GX's last one, since it was never dubbed - and get back into the franchise again, but I don't know how far I'll get with it.

Yeah the anime came a bit before the card game I believe so the rules weren't set at all. Some parts of 5Ds were also never dubbed I believe, which is part of the reason some terms like Sacrifice arn't used. Since one of the VA's for 5Ds was part of a an actual cult so they changed the show up and got rid of all the cult/mythological stuff.

And a lot of the old decks got support like Dark Magician, Blue-Eyes, Red-Eyes, Buster Blader / Gaia, Elemental Heroes, Cyber Angels, and generic stuff like Zombies (although this is now a combo / synchro deck), and Dinosaurs.

pkmin3033

Yeah the anime came a bit before the card game I believe so the rules weren't set at all. Some parts of 5Ds were also never dubbed I believe, which is part of the reason some terms like Sacrifice arn't used. Since one of the VA's for 5Ds was part of a an actual cult so they changed the show up and got rid of all the cult/mythological stuff.

And a lot of the old decks got support like Dark Magician, Blue-Eyes, Red-Eyes, Buster Blader / Gaia, Elemental Heroes, Cyber Angels, and generic stuff like Zombies (although this is now a combo / synchro deck), and Dinosaurs.
I forget that the anime came before the card game...I mean, I know Season 0 did because that was something totally different almost, but I got into YGO through the card game and it had set rules etc. by then.

Yeah...most of the later arcs of 5Ds weren't dubbed. I actually liked the first arc of 5Ds - which is where I stopped watching the anime previously - so I might actually watch that subbed...I liked the mythological stuff. The Egyptian thing was what drew me to YGO initially. I can do without the last season of GX though. xD

I should look into the metagame again somewhen...back when I played I could get away with stuff like Horus Lockdown decks, and it was all about Six Samurai and Dark Armed Dragon. Guess it's come a loooong way since then...probably with cards even more broken than Rainbow Dragon. I hated that thing >.>

countryemo

Years

Were you the Shark User? Your dreams might come true this year.

I should look into the metagame again somewhen...back when I played I could get away with stuff like Horus Lockdown decks, and it was all about Six Samurai and Dark Armed Dragon. Guess it's come a loooong way since then...probably with cards even more broken than Rainbow Dragon. I hated that thing >.>

Hm not sure about Rainbow Dragon, I didn't play that far back. But there are still broken cards, I kinda think they plateau, but i'm alone in that though.

shadowmoon522

Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I forget that the anime came before the card game...I mean, I know Season 0 did because that was something totally different almost, but I got into YGO through the card game and it had set rules etc. by then.

Yeah...most of the later arcs of 5Ds weren't dubbed. I actually liked the first arc of 5Ds - which is where I stopped watching the anime previously - so I might actually watch that subbed...I liked the mythological stuff. The Egyptian thing was what drew me to YGO initially. I can do without the last season of GX though. xD

ahhh the power creep, what fun
83f6105343f447928f4379654a06c54a.png

and its always inevitable, yugioh will never be truly balanced and there will always be a few op cards around that won't be banned and by the time they are a few more op cards will be out and under the radar for a while

Meadow

Years
Were you the Shark User? Your dreams might come true this year.
(A bit late here, oops!)

Yes! Are you referring to the TCG version of the 20th Anniversary Pack? I saw that it contains most of Shark's missing monsters from 2013! Totally loving how they immediately put Shark's cards at the very beginning of the set, as if they were acknowledging how long overdue it was. xD

...Anyway, this is technically old-ish news, but I figured I'd post this since it hasn't been discussed here yet. It's the story premise of VRAINS!

Source: https://ygorganization.com/finallymydigimonandyugiohfanficisareality/

There is a city where network systems have evolved: Den City(デンシティ ). In this city, with the advanced network technology developed by the corporation "SOL Technology", a Virtual Reality space called "LINK VRAINS" has been developed, and in this VR Space people became excited over the latest way to Duel.

However, in 『LINK VRAINS』, a mysterious hacker group that hacks via Dueling has appeared: ハノイの騎士 (The Knights of Hanoi). Their goal is to destroy the "AI World" known as "Cyberse" that exists somewhere in the depths of the Network.

However, there is one Duelist who stands against the threat to 『LINK VRAINS』. His name is "Playmaker". He has become famous in the Network World for crushing the "Knights of Hanoi" in fierce Duels, without mentioning his name. But the true identity of "Playmaker" is ordinary high school student "Fujiki Yusaku", who pursues the "Knights of Hanoi" that appear in VRAINS in order to find out the truth of an incident that happened in the past.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/vrains-additional-plot-summary/

In Den City, a city that has developed its Network System, a certain company called "SOL Technology Inc.", who with their advanced network technology, has constructed a Virtual Reality space called "LINK VRAINS". In "LINK VRAINS", a mysterious group of hackers called "The Knights of Hanoi" have appeared, who hack systems using Duels.

There is one Duelist who stands against the might of their threat. His name is "Playmaker". "Playmaker"'s true identity is that of a certain high-school student, "Fujiki Yusaku", who struggles to find out the truth of what happened in the past. And amid this struggle, Yusaku manages to capture a mysterious AI Program being sought after by both "SOL Technology Inc." and "The Knights of Hanoi". In doing so, the gears of fate begin to turn… …

The true identity of this mysterious AI. That is the real goal of the "Knights of Hanoi" in "LINK VRAINS". And the truth of Yusaku's past… … All the answers lie within "LINK VRAINS"!!

How do you guys think of this so far?

Personally, I think this is a really exciting premise for a Yu-Gi-Oh series! I like how the main character is already revealed to have direct ties to the backstory of the plot, as well as strong involvement prior to the events of the series. I guess we'll see how this turns out in a month from now. :D

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Hmm...this actually sounds pretty interesting. I really haven't been interested in Yugioh since after 5Ds aired. Maybe this will re-ignite the flame a bit.

countryemo

Years
It seems interesting enough, but I want to see some gosh darn animation, its only a month away and a trailer is late. I'm also not a fan of Go or Aoi's regular and vr designs. Though Aoi is growing on me. Its like the story is from 5Ds, and the designs are from ZeXal. Very weird mix.

But OMG, I'm so building Trickstars.

Meadow

Years
Its like the story is from 5Ds, and the designs are from ZeXal.

Haha, this is exactly what I thought when the series was initially revealed... and even more so after seeing the first episode. xD

But man, Yusaku is officially the sassiest YGO protagonist ever. It's hilarious hearing his snarky remarks to certain characters, LMAO.

Back