• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
have been playing the current beta and have to say that this game is the best, however im stuck in the team rocket hideout where the scientist gives you the slowpoketail password, when i talk to him he says the same thing constantly and the game is frozen. I hope this will be fixed in version 3.1
@Johtoman Just fyi, the scientist doesn't give you the password. In fact, You don't even need to talk to him to complete the mission. The Woman rocket North of him is one of the rockets that will give u the password. There are a couple of glitches similar to this, such as battling certain team static members after beating the 8th gym will cause the game to freeze. What i did to get past this is open the game up in advanced map and press delete event on the script that caused this. It will then play fine. Don't do it too often as one event may activate another one, which could cause the game to become 'stuck' and not realize what to do next. Hope this helped!

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2011
i really hope you're coming out soon! i can't wait man, this is going to be great when it's finished. keep on chugging for 3.1!

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2011
Please make GASTLY appear in BELLSPROUT TOWER!!

The Ghastly do appear in Sprout tower. They're on the top floor and the one below that. They're not too common and are pretty weak (Lv 6-8) but are definitely worth catching for later in your game

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
Oh I played LC in the past :O
So you're working on a new release!
Sounds really great!
Really can't wait :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2014
I can't wait :) Hopefully, this gets released before school starts (I live in the PH)

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2012
I would like to know if there is a way to have the move tutor teach one of my pokemon thunderbolt in beta 2.1?

bigboi

Hacker of the 3rd Generation
Years
I can't wait for Beta 3.1 :D This game looks very promising, and I've played some of it.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Alright guys, Did you miss me? ;D

I'm actually back..again. Could someone tell me every bit of the game that needs to be graphically changed. By that I mean tiles, sprites, overworlds.. so yeah, graphics.

I plan on getting stuff done in my time off from University.

Years
Things need to change

Welcome Back Mate.From my past Exp. I think those thing need to change:All OW and Triner Sprite should be Change. (I will be easy cuz there are already HG/SS ).FR Tiles is not really good. So I think new tiles should be added mainly Burned tower, bell tower, Radio station, light house, tropical house and lab. Pokemart and pokecenter too.Pokemon sprit should be change to HGSS or B&W.Anyway, I thing above all Tiles should have major change.Others are ok but addig new is also good.Thats what I reall think.well, I am waitin for the new beta.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
yeah...it will be great to change pokemon's sprites to HG/SS or B&W which IMO are much better than fire red sprites... :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2015
Maybe front sprites from HG/SS are better, but back sprites from all 4 gen. games are uglly and i think that you should not change backs...

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Welcome Back Mate.From my past Exp. I think those thing need to change:All OW and Triner Sprite should be Change. (I will be easy cuz there are already HG/SS ).FR Tiles is not really good. So I think new tiles should be added mainly Burned tower, bell tower, Radio station, light house, tropical house and lab. Pokemart and pokecenter too.Pokemon sprit should be change to HGSS or B&W.Anyway, I thing above all Tiles should have major change.Others are ok but addig new is also good.Thats what I reall think.well, I am waitin for the new beta.

Most Overworld's are fine, but a lot will change regardless. Trainer sprites will be changed. There are very little FireRed tiles in the game anyway o_O - So I probably will keep everything in the same style as the trees. All of the tiles you mentioned were already changed in the last beta, there isn't a real need to change them, unless you guys are actually bored of them.

I'll have a look at changing them all, providing there are tiles already made. I don't really fancy making big tilesets. Nevertheless, all sprites and OW's should change as for the building tiles, I'm not sure.

yeah...it will be great to change pokemon's sprites to HG/SS or B&W which IMO are much better than fire red sprites... :D

Problem with that is the resize for them isn't always perfect. So I may just fix the ones that look messed up, like Charizard.

Maybe front sprites from HG/SS are better, but back sprites from all 4 gen. games are uglly and i think that you should not change backs...

Alright. That seems bearable, I may try and see if I can get a 4th gen sprite patch off someone, if not then I'll manually insert everything again.

----

Another thing people have to consider, is that this is a FireRed ROM hack based on tiles, not textures. If I add too many B/W/HG/SS/D/P/P stuff, the ROM will end up looking seriously tacky. I'm trying to give this ROM a subtle yet dramatic change so that it's on-par with the newest games. Obviously this game isn't texture-based, so there's only so much I can do. Either way, I look forward to changing tom ROM up a little. I'll have something to show you guys by next week or the week after. May even work on a new palette. :)

Years
I'll be waiting for what you will show us next. BTW, many of us got bored with the old tiles so try changing the tiles that is used many times like house, pc, poke mart. I't would be good if you change the pallet of sand, grass, water walking path. well, Good luck mate.

Years
Hey guys i need help?
When i reach lavender town and solve the zapdos problem our friend with a black sprite z waiting for us outside the radio tower to battle with us but whenever i talk with him to battle the screen goes black and the game freezez. Can anyone tel whts the problem. Also due to that two trainerz at cerulean outpost are nt letting me go to the cerulean city and keep saying to go back to lavender town. I m playng it on my mobile via vbag. Hoping fr the answer.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I'll be waiting for what you will show us next. BTW, many of us got bored with the old tiles so try changing the tiles that is used many times like house, pc, poke mart. I't would be good if you change the pallet of sand, grass, water walking path. well, Good luck mate.

Yeah but the ROM in the screenshots of this page hasn't been played. They already have different tiles to 2.1 o_O. Either way, I just made a new tree anyway. Also new grass, but the grass isn't finished yet.

newtree.png

Back