• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I don't think I've ever purchased a music CD for myself in my life. I jacked a bunch of CDs from my best mate a while back but otherwise I've always downloaded songs.

Years
Honestly, the concept of a TV license always seemed pretty normal to me. You pay for your home phone, your internet, your mobile phone, your electricity, your gas, your house, your car insurance, your water, etc. Basically any useful resource other than the radio. I never saw why it should be any different with TVs.

I guess maybe because I've had it free for so long that it's silly. Like, this is a stretch but, you sleep in your bed every night and it's always been free until the government deciders that you must pay for use of your own bed.
I know I pay for phone services but you can't really have an advert mid-conversation.

I don't get channels dedicated to advertising. Like, I don't understand. Who watches that?

Sometimes I flick over to it when I'm with a girl and the current program is far too interesting.

I do still buy CDs of bands that I really like, just to do my bit for them, because I feel guilty if I were to download. :(​

I buy CD's also, I feel that if I wish to pursue a career in the industry I may as well contribute to it, otherwise I'll be out of a job hah.

Years
I do still buy CDs of bands that I really like, just to do my bit for them, because I feel guilty if I were to download. :(​

So do I, cos I don't have time to download.

Also, I think CDs are still a fun and traditional way for me to listen to music I like. And I am totally terrible at downloading so that's why I resort to CDs, YouTube or the radio instead if I need to listen to music.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
CD's are a dead technology. D:

They'll never have the legacy that vinyl does and will just disappear slowly.

On the topic of dead stuff though... My Halloween theme is complete!

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
You know I just realised that "eram quod es, eris quod sum" works doubly well if your signature also involves zombies.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I also like something physical for my favourite things​

Do you now?

Bwahaha!But yeah, I LOVE album art, so I like to have the albums.. plus they just look nice to have on a shelf or bookcase or something. Yeah I know they take up space but I think it's nice if someone wants to come over and be all "Oh play some of this" or whatnot. I dunno.. haha :3 I like books and things so it's like a library. I guess I'm a bit weird.

Years
I like physical media because I don't trust the move toward the cloud where copyright holders can take your media away whenever they feel like it, like when they took away people's e-book copies of 1984.

Speaking of collections, what are peoples most favourite DVDs/CDs/games? :3​
I love my Studio Ghibli collection. :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I can't do physical media most of the time. :( I move like once a year, HOW DO I HOLD ALL THESE BOXES

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
The only thing I prefer digital for is PC games - I adore Steam. And I've gotten so I prefer digital music to CDs since I just put them on my iPod and go. However, for console/handheld games, I much prefer retail copies. I like having a collection to display.

And I really don't like e-readers. I'm the type of person that likes reading from an actual book, on actual paper...not a screen. Plus Amazon is horrible with DRM, like you've already said.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well boxes do create a nice conversation piece when you have other people over. :3

Agreed about e-readers though. I don't even like reading on my computer screen, I like the smell of books and plus I just...feel less immersed in an e-reader I guess.

Years
Boooooks. Yes, the real things will always be better, but I totally see the up side to ebooks for textbooks and stuff where you want to find references and quotes and things.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
E-readers just frustrate me, they're convenient but I admit to not taking care of my property as well as I should, so it probably be abused and break within three months of me getting it :(

Years
I prefer reading a physical book; not a fan of the kindles or whatever. There is something about just having a book and turning the pages makes me feel more relaxed and I enjoy it more.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back