• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
If your glasses bother you, wouldn't contacts work? I plan on getting them in the future, probably next year.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I don't know. My parents don't agree on this, so until i'm older i'll have to stick with glasses.
Edit : I gotta leave. Good night/morning guys/girls.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Contacts have a lot of downsides; for the user, more work and having to be more careful with them, and for the parent, the cost of a non-reusable vision aid as opposed to glasses, that last indefinitely.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I still don't know how people are able to put contacts on their eyes.It just seems.. /shudders.

Trust me it's not that bad. I was a little frightened myself before I got my contacts but now it takes like a few seconds to put them on and there's nothing scary about it. Only thing that sucks is that it could burn your eyes, but it doesn't happen often.

I used to wear glasses from like 8th grade year up until I joined football my freshman year; don't regret switching to contacts, though I wish I had a pair of prescription glasses to wear just for when I'm too lazy to put my contacts on.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
well im still curious about how it actually feels like wearing them.

seems like a pain to insert them 0_0, thank God i wear specs instead.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
i wear glasses. and it's not a pain to wear them. but siiiiggghhhh i can't wait to be 16 and use contacs! looks way better than glasses

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
i agree, i look way better without glasses! but i use them only once in a while, but it's still a bother to wear :c

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Yeah, I'm gonna wait until I can get my eyes lasered. My uncle had it done about 25 years ago and his eyes are still great! I'm pretty sure I look better without glasses, though I can't really tell when I'm looking in a mirror due to being all short-sighted and such!

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
I'm actually wearing glasses since Thursday 2/7/13 which was before my birthday.
It was a advance gift,and it was very special to me.
I look ok while wearing them,and this eyesight is better than the old one.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Wearing contacts don't hurt at all! At first, I used to take about 30 minutes for each eye and when they're finally in, 30 minutes to remove them. xD But now it takes a mere few seconds to slip them on and off. The only downsides of wearing contacts are that they make your eyes really dry over time, and if you wear them for too long, they might cause discomfort and tearing.

I also have a pair of glasses for when I'm not going out for the day. I think I look alright with glasses, but I can't tell for sure as they alter my vision slightly to make everything seem a little wider. I prefer wearing contacts, though! xD

I'm doubtful about getting my eyes lasered though. I've heard that there is a slight chance of you completely losing your eyesight, and that slight chance is more than enough to scare me off! >< I guess I'll be much better off living with this short-sightedness and my daily routine of contacts.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
My parents don't want me wearing contacts 'cause of its downsides. If i weared contacts, it would have been for the whole day. And i gotta change glasses often to adjust to my eyesight. So changing contacts each year isn't very economic.
I've been told that i look way better without glasses 'cause of my eyes color. They are brown.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I am never going to wear contacts, mostly cause only 1 eye needs improvement. I have lazy eye for the right one, used to wear glasses for a year, opthalmologist said it was better and if I like, I don't need to wear em anymore. 5 years down the road, after brilliantly listening to her and not my parents, I can barely see out of my right eye.I mean I can see, but with heavily impaired vision. Tried my old glasses, don't fit me though, and they definitely helped the vision. Thing is, now I do need to see a doctor and get prescription glasses. I truly don't mind, cause I love wearing glasses.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I just figure I'm going to lose mine heh. Seriously, I just got up and I already lost them once. They turned out to be in my pocket, but the point still remains. >_> I also can't seem to get them clean, which is going to get on my nerves.

I'm having a bit of trouble breathing at the moment, so I might leave for a minute to find my inhaler.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I used to wear contacts, but then I forgot to renew them so for now, I only got my glasses. Which I got an appointment for soon, since It's been like 1-2 years since my last appointment and the frame is getting a bit too small so I'm getting new frames also :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back