• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Umm a problem in terms of OW palette... :|

It seems that I can't put two good customized Overworld sprites in the same map. I tried putting Espeon and Arcanine OW sprites together, both having different palettes of course(19 and 21)... and well the sprite that's first applied gets screwed up by the following sprite. In my case, if Arcanine is first its color gets screwed turning it purplish in gameplay by Espeon. Same when Espeon is first applied, the color gets screwed up turning it to orange by Arcanine.

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
how do insert my newly created badges in my fire red hack? i have everything right the size (LxW) but when i right it to the rom and save and all that stuff its not there.... can some one help me? here they are
utyuty.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
hello, I've been searching for a while but haven't found yet. How is it possible to edit a tilemap? I mean, i've seen lots of tutorial explaining how to REPLACE bot no one to edit one which is already in a ROM. Thanks for helping me :).

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
how do insert my newly created badges in my fire red hack? i have everything right the size (LxW) but when i right it to the rom and save and all that stuff its not there.... can some one help me? here they are
utyuty.png

Use Unlz-GBA, and replace the existing one with your new one.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
What would be the easiest way of going about making pewter city's gym look like celadon's gym in firered? I'm very new to advancemap, but I think it might have something to do with tilesets or palletes? Would I need another program for this?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
What would be the easiest way of going about making pewter city's gym look like celadon's gym in firered? I'm very new to advancemap, but I think it might have something to do with tilesets or palletes? Would I need another program for this?

Nope, no extra programs needed, Advance Map can handle all your tileset swapping needs.
First, you'll want to go to the Celadon City Gym in Advance Map, and click the "Header" tab.
Scroll to the bottom, and you'll see 2 Numbers named "Tileset 1" and Tileset2"

Write these numbers down.

Then, go to the Pewter City Gym in Advance map and go to the Header tab, and replace the numbers there with the ones you wrote down. (If you're going to use the Pewter City Gym's tiles again later, you might want to write them down first for reference.)

There you go, you've successfully changed tilesets.
Though I doubt the map will be large enough to recreate the Celadon Gym in, so you'll have to change the Width and Height to the same numbers as Celadon's.
It's the same exact process onlt using the Height and Width numbers.

Happy hacking!

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
i have no idea lol

what are these tiles used for? O.o they look like the edge of the water but i cannot figure it out.

Attachments

• wtf.png
    wtf.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 17

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
How do I add bytes to the end of a file (.raw) with a hex editor? I'm trying to remove some blue tiles from my world map and I read somewhere that this what I need to do...

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
PPRE Platinum Trainer Editor

Why hello there.

Good sirs, might you perchance know of a numbered list of the Platinum trainers that appear in the PPRE Trainer Editor? Alas, there are 927 listed trainers and it is ever so vexing to attempt to find the single one that you wish to edit.

Many thanks, my fine gentlemen.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Hey does anyone know how to edit the rarecandy script? (80FE395)
Tried opening it with XSE and PKSV and they brought up something about coins. My problem here is 80FE395 has 7 characters not 6. Any hex editor that I can edit that with? (I got the hex value from Item Manager.)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hey does anyone know how to edit the rarecandy script? (80FE395)
Tried opening it with XSE and PKSV and they brought up something about coins. My problem here is 80FE395 has 7 characters not 6. Any hex editor that I can edit that with? (I got the hex value from Item Manager.)

The pointer is pointing you to an ASM routine.
You'll need to know ASM to edit things like what rare candies do.
Something XSE can not handle. (Though before HackMew died that was on the todo list...)

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2021
Just going to post this one more time, before I give up. I've tried everything I can think of to get help with this, but I'm running out of ideas

I was hoping to be able to add 4th Gen attacks. I was thinking about replacing a bunch of the move clones (Charm=FeatherDance) with new attacks. Editing the effects/data is easy, especially with A-tack. But having X-scissor in place of Howl doesn't work if it displays the Howl animation.

This brings me to my first question. How might I go about locating the pointers for the attack animations. All I want to do is replace one animation with another (say give Howl the Cross Chop animation) so that should be simple with hex once I know where there are. I was thinking that it would be logical for there to be a pointer table somewhere in the ROM for this, and that it would likely be in the same order as the attack table. So all I would need to do is find the beginning of the table and I would be able to go from there.

Second, I wanted to use the Shinyzer to give the gym leaders a shiny for their strongest Pokemon, but whenever I try to use it with trainers, they don't display their text, have a different team, and have no shiny Pokemon. It works just fine when I want to make the next Pokemon shiny though, like with wilds or a givepokemon.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
im having issues with my grass i added the heartgold soulsilver grass tiles into the game but for the background byte in the second box i put a 20 in it to make the player walk on top of the grass but i dont run into pokemon, so then i put 01 into the second box and then i run into pokemon but the player goes under the grass...help :|?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
im having issues with my grass i added the heartgold soulsilver grass tiles into the game but for the background byte in the second box i put a 20 in it to make the player walk on top of the grass but i dont run into pokemon, so then i put 01 into the second box and then i run into pokemon but the player goes under the grass...help :|?

Put it as 21, the combination of the two.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I was editing text in Pokemon Ruby and found an interesting message in the game. "Welcome to the POKéMON CABLE CLUB TIME CAPSULE." If I'm not mistaken, isn't that the feature in the 2nd gen that allows you to trade between the 1st and 2nd gen? Does this mean the 3rd gen was originally going to be backwards-compatible?

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Umm is there a way to watch a pokemon battle?

Like a player steps on a Event Script then it goes into battle mode though it's not him fighting but someone else fighting. All the player needs to do is just watch their fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back