• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MegaDex [Thread Version 2.0]

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
You've probably already seen the new sprites, Tali. They were the ones that I had released over the past week or so and I was just adding them into the DexPad. I believe they were...Caprus, Vinive, Ueco, and Biongus. =P

[Update!!] I've got a new sprite to release today. This is Nestwirl's pre-evolution, Nespin. As you can see from the newly added Type symbols, Nespin and Nestwirl are both Flying types. Duh, right?! XD Anywho...let me know what you think. I've updated the DexPad to include Nespin, so it is completely up to date with all released material.

V2-Nespin.png
V2-Nestwirl.png

Aww... cute! I don't see many flaws, and those that I can are really rather insignificant ones~
I also LUFF the way you made a spinning pattern on its wing, which adds to the glamour of its name =D

I hope I answered your question when we talked in my FanClub. If you ever have more questions, just feel free to ask, Tali. XD

[Update!!] I've got another pre-evolution to release here today. The Electric type, Thorcolt, was one of the first sprites I ever released in the Dex. It's about time I get around to spriting it's pre-evo, right?! Well, here it is...the new Electric type pre-evolution to Thorcolt...Perucolt!! I went back and slightly touched up Thorcolt to better match Perucolt. It was mainly the outlining that I changed, and I doubt anyone will even notice the difference. Anywho...both sprites are posted below. The DexPad was re-worked as well, so head to Page 1, refresh, and check it out!! XD

V2-Perucolt.png
V2-Thorcolt.png

Oh, impeccable! I love it. It's cute and flawlessly made, but I think you should make it's closest front leg a wee bit shorter?

Thanks for the comments, guys. As always, I really appreciate it.

[Update!!] Okay, I felt that the old Katoora sprite made him look far too timid. Not necessarily a good look for a Fighting type Pokemon. =P So yeah, I've gone back and slightly touched up Katoora's head and mouth area. He looks a lot more malicious now with him baring his teeth, so I'm quite happy with the little adjustment. You can check out the edit below.

V2-Katoora.png

I should have a new addition to the Dex very soon...hopefully later tonight. Be sure to check back for that. ;D

HA! What a grizzly character, he looks awesome, I'm just a bit concerned about the angle of the feet, but otherwise it's cool! Great job, Prof!

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Those are so cool. Keep it up. :)

Thanks, Nor. I'll do my best. ;D

Hehe, it looks evil with the stick, and the grining like that...XD, it looks like it's ready to fight too. o-o

Heheh. Good, cuz that's the look I was going for. =P

Aww... cute! I don't see many flaws, and those that I can are really rather insignificant ones~
I also LUFF the way you made a spinning pattern on its wing, which adds to the glamour of its name =D

Oh, impeccable! I love it. It's cute and flawlessly made, but I think you should make it's closest front leg a wee bit shorter?

HA! What a grizzly character, he looks awesome, I'm just a bit concerned about the angle of the feet, but otherwise it's cool! Great job, Prof!

Thanks for all the C & C, Jae. I thought that front leg on Perucolt was a tad odd looking myself. And I've really been perplexed with Katoora's feet for a while now. I'll play around a little bit and see what I can do to touch them up. Thanks again for the support, man. XD

[News!!]
Sorry for the lack of updates in the last week. I've just been swamped with college starting up again and getting my schedule straightened out and everything. I will try to get some new material up shortly.

Simplicity

~♥~
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2019
Then you made it just the way you wanted! xD

Oh yeah, I didn't notice that! >3

Can't wait for the next update, hopefully it's soon. ^_^

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
[Update!!] Phew. Finally an update. =X

This is a new Electric/Bug typed Pokemon. I've dubbed him Aracsula. It uses its fangs to harness and unleash powerful Electric moves in battle. Aracsulas also have the ability to grow back legs if they are injured and lost. When a new leg is grown back, a new yellow line appears on its back as a sign of toughness and experience.

V2-Aracsula.png

As always, comments appreciated. XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Well other than the solid black outline, it's a nice sprite. And I really like the idea behind it, it's very original.

Anywho, it's about time we saw an update, good work =]

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Ah, I meant to go back and do some gray outlining but just kinda forgot about it. I'll be sure to fix that when I get a chance. Thanks for the C&C though, Ray. ;D

I have some work I wanted to show off that is unrelated to my MegaDex project. I was bored and decided to do an original Pokemon sprite, and for some reason decided to do Tentacool. I did it in a front view, which I havn't really worked with a whole lot. I guess I'm satisfied with how it turned out, being that it was a pretty quick sprite.

Custom-Tentacool.png

[Update!!] I've gone back and touched up Aracsula a tad. I went in and finished off the outlining by adding in some dark gray. The legs were touched up a tad, especially the right front leg. I also added a third stripe to the back because I thought it looked better. You might have to reload your page to see the updated sprite.

V2-Aracsula.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I finished up another piece of work unrelated to the MegaDex. I randomly decided to do something of Horsea to submit to the Community Spriting Project. This was an attempt at a little bit of a different style than I usually sprite in. Instead of using a large color palette, I went with less colors and used more dithering to shade. As always, comments and criticism appreciated. XD

Custom-Horsea.png

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Hey Fuzzy Wump-Wump! Sorry havn't been around a while ^.^

Anyways, i like your recent additions, as you nkow, i love electric types.

The spider intrigues me, ALOT, and the colour scheme i like, but the legs look really...2D-ish o.o Unless you meant them to be like that, as they do look cool, i just wanted to point that out >.>

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Hey Fuzzy Wump-Wump! Sorry havn't been around a while ^.^

Anyways, i like your recent additions, as you nkow, i love electric types.

The spider intrigues me, ALOT, and the colour scheme i like, but the legs look really...2D-ish o.o Unless you meant them to be like that, as they do look cool, i just wanted to point that out >.>

Don't worry about it. =P

Glad you like Aracsula. I'll see if I can add more shading to the legs to get rid of the 2D look. Thanks for the comment, man. XD

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
Years
  • Age 30
  • U.S.
  • Seen May 3, 2010
holy jeez.. im extremely impressed with this level of scratch work, i dont see many noticable flaws at all. its amazing MegaFuz, keep at it.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Thanks a lot, dreemxweever. I really appreciate the compliment. I'm looking forward to continuing this project, so I'll certainly try to keep at it. ;D

Here's a sneak peak at the new MegaMon I'll be releasing soon. Still working on shading, but you can get a preview of the lineart.

Palette-Shadow3.png

[Update!!] And...the finished product. This is Zyza's evolution, Zyzaqua, and obviously is a water type. I've posted the Zyza sprite along with the new evolution to compare. Check it out and feel free to let me know what you think. =D

V2-Zyza.png
V2-Zyzaqua.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
heh, I only looked at this thread an hour ago at school and didn't expect you to have the shading completed so quickly. Good job.

Well the shading looks very well done, especially upon the fins. The pose is nice too, though I'm wondering why it's grinning now, rather than being a sadface like it's previous form ;D

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Haha, yeah thanks. I'm quick like that. XD Not really.

It's a grin, but it's an evil one. He's grinning because now he has big teeth and big fins, and can put up a fight in battle. ;D

I have some more work un-related to the Dex that I wanted to post. This is a custom Snubbull sprite that I decided to submit to the Community Spriting Project. C & C is greatly appreciated!

Custom-Snubbull.png

[Update!!] Wow. It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally about to begin unveiling my fire starter line. This is a line of sheep/ram Pokemon. I've named the first in the line Lambent. I thought the name fit well, being that the term means "softly bright or radiant," and already has the word Lamb in it. XD

V2-004-Lambent.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Wow Kevin, it looks excellent. I love the lineart, especially the head ;D And your colour choice is quite good as well, as is the shading.

Though it seems rather large for the first up in the line, but yeah, it looks awesome. Can't wait to see it's evolutions.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Glad ya like 'em. Now wait no longer, Ray. ;D

[Update!!] Well, here's the rest of my fire starter line, Gobent and Rambent. I've updated the DexPad in the first post of the thread so there aren't those annoying empty boxes in the first line. Please let me know what you think! XD

V2-004-Lambent.png
V2-005-Gobent.png
V2-006-Rambent.png

[Update #2!!] This is a new plant type I call 'Stumber'. I hope to release it's evolution soon. Comments welcome. ;D

V2-Stumber.png

[Update #3!!]
I finished up Stumber's evolution here tonight. It's a grass/dark type that I call 'Foretra'. While this species can uproot themselves and migrate to more moist areas, they move incredibly slow and rely on brute force in battle.

V2-Foretra.png

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Both second evolutions look good Fuzzy! However, I don't 'dig' the third one, something seems off. I think it might be the flame, I mean, it should be larger than the flames' of the other pokemon right? =/

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
I'm sorry, but when I look at your Fakemons, I don't get the feeling that this is in any way related to Pokemon at all! I feel so bad for saying that, but its the truth. Sorry -_-

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Both second evolutions look good Fuzzy! However, I don't 'dig' the third one, something seems off. I think it might be the flame, I mean, it should be larger than the flames' of the other pokemon right? =/

Hmm. I see what you mean. I'll edit the tail when I get a chance. ;D

I'm sorry, but when I look at your Fakemons, I don't get the feeling that this is in any way related to Pokemon at all! I feel so bad for saying that, but its the truth. Sorry -_-

Thanks, bud! ^-^

[Update!!] I've just been working on going back and touching up some of my already released sprites, so expect to see a few edits here shortly. Here's the first one. Just touched up Bokruge's legs and arms and added in claws on both the hands and feet.

V2-Bokruge.png

I edited Perucolt's front left leg. I made it a tad too long at first, so I shortened it up a bit.

V2-Perucolt.png

You might have to refresh your page to see the updates.

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2009
Sweet I love Perucolt :D He looks like a very cute pokemon or is it a she. I want to adopt it!

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Wow Megafuz, these are amazing. The outlines are perfect and i love the shading. Good work! I want to sprite like you someday!

Thanks a lot, Tyler. Just keep practicing on the things we discussed, and eventually you'll be able to scratch sprite like it's no one's business. ;D

Sweet I love Perucolt :D He looks like a very cute pokemon or is it a she. I want to adopt it!

Well, being that Pokemon can be either male or female, I guess that would mean neither...or either. Depends on the one you catch! ;D And sorry...but I don't allow the adoption of my sprites.

[Update!!] Finished up a new Normal type that I've named Losko. *huggles* Only 4 more sprites until I'll re-work the DexPad on Page 1 and add a full new line! XD

V2-Losko.png

Back