• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Having problems using PGE with KristianAngel's Fire Red Patch. (PGE Errors when trying to edit Pokemon from Gen 7 slots onwards) Someone please help!

HAXorus621

Beginner at ROM hacking, hoping to get better.
Years
Here is the KristianAngel patch and stuff https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=364889

I'm having problems using PGE (Pokemon Game Editor) to edit any Pokemon from Gen 7 onwards (Anything after Volcanion including blank slots):

When I go to edit any Pokemon from Rowlet to Pyukumuku (Index 775 - 824), I get an error message saying:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Parameter is not valid."

and then I have to close the program because I can't do anything with it.

When I go to edit anything from "Codigo 0" (Type: Null) to "??????????" (one of the slots after Venusaur-M, Index 1070) (Index 825 - 1070), I then get a message saying:
"Argument 'RecordNumber' is not a valid value."
Followed by:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Input string was not in a correct format."

When I go to edit anything from Index 1071 - 1459 (all of these slots are "??????????" blank slots), I then get an error saying:

InvalidArgument=Value of '[3-5 digit number]' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex."

Could someone please help me fix this problem?
Would it be a problem with the .INI file or PGE itself?
It's very inconvenient as I can't edit any of the 450 slots after Mega Venusaur and that's what I was hoping to do with this.

-
Also when using G3HS (Gen III Hacking Suite), I can't edit any of the blank slots that come after Mega Venusaur (Index 1020 - 1459).
If possible could someone help fix this problem?
I think that might be because Mega Venusaur is the last filled slot on the ROM but I'm not too sure. Again this is inconvenient as I want to be able to edit the extra 450 slots but currently I can't find a way to do that.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

HAXorus621

Years
Make sure the ini is changed so you can change the stuff. If youre using the regular fire red ini it'll probably not work

Thanks but do you know what kind of thing that I'd need to add to the ini to make it work or not? :/

Narwhal

Meme Lord
Years
Thanks but do you know what kind of thing that I'd need to add to the ini to make it work or not? :/

i would suggest asking in the thread for the rombase for the ini for it or private message the creator of it. Because I personally never used it so idk exactly what would need to be changed to the ini

HAXorus621

Years
i would suggest asking in the thread for the rombase for the ini for it or private message the creator of it. Because I personally never used it so idk exactly what would need to be changed to the ini

Yeah I've asked on the thread, the creator has been inactive atm though he was last on a couple of months ago or something

Narwhal

Meme Lord
Years
look through the thread to see if anyone had a similar question which was answered other than that idk what to say lmao

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 5, 2023
for editing pokemon: use G3HS
for editing moves, items and trainers: use G3T ( you can use UTE as your trainer editor)

Last edited:

HAXorus621

Years
I've managed to kinda get around the problem now, although I still can't edit the slots using PGE. I edited the .ini for G3HS, now when I go onto it it will have an error when I go to edit one of the blank slots (which I can now access with G3HS), and the error will have something to do with the actual script of the program. Then I can just click Cancel on the recovery thing on there and it will let me edit everything besides the sprites, which I can then edit using Advance Series sprite editor. Still can't figure out how to add the custom slots on the Dex though but I still have to look into that atm

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
Years
Here is the KristianAngel patch and stuff https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=364889

I'm having problems using PGE (Pokemon Game Editor) to edit any Pokemon from Gen 7 onwards (Anything after Volcanion including blank slots):

When I go to edit any Pokemon from Rowlet to Pyukumuku (Index 775 - 824), I get an error message saying:

Parameter is not valid."

When I go to edit anything from "Codigo 0" (Type: Null) to "??????????" (one of the slots after Venusaur-M, Index 1070) (Index 825 - 1070), I then get a message saying:
"Argument 'RecordNumber' is not a valid value."
Followed by:

Input string was not in a correct format."

When I go to edit anything from Index 1071 - 1459 (all of these slots are "??????????" blank slots), I then get an error saying:

InvalidArgument=Value of '[3-5 digit number]' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex."

Could someone please help me fix this problem?
Would it be a problem with the .INI file or PGE itself?
It's very inconvenient as I can't edit any of the 450 slots after Mega Venusaur and that's what I was hoping to do with this.

-
Also when using G3HS (Gen III Hacking Suite), I can't edit any of the blank slots that come after Mega Venusaur (Index 1020 - 1459).
If possible could someone help fix this problem?
I think that might be because Mega Venusaur is the last filled slot on the ROM but I'm not too sure. Again this is inconvenient as I want to be able to edit the extra 450 slots but currently I can't find a way to do that.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

The problem is...
The Pokemon's data is incomplete, try G3T it works great :)

Back