• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Great to hear the Bug Contest is almost done! Can't wait to get the Pinsir, Scyther, and my Butterfree! They always seemed rare to me.
All right, I can't wait to be done with it! :p

Bug-Catching Contest progress:
Pretty much every way of exiting the contest (Fly, Teleport, running out of Park Balls, retiring with the menu, fainting, and just trying to leave the park area) has been accounted for and patched. I only have a few things left:
1. Making the entrance guy disappear and reappear on correct days (easy, just haven't gotten to it)
2. Make an actual script for walking into one of the gatehouses during the competition (again, easy)
3. Make random contestgoers appear, and make their talking scripts
4. Actual judging
5. Make check for after exiting battle with 0 Park Balls (easy)

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
Any luck on the morty bug? I'm stuck with nothing to do. :( Looking forward to finishing this rom though. :) Thanks.

Years
I recently repatched my rom with latest update & i have found that berries are not growing,moo moo milk is not sold per day anymore,kurt took the apricorn but doesnt finishes to make a ball... i dont know if its only with me...
The berry tree at route 45(where there is small pond) says Aspera berry but you get a Leppa berry...

Sierraffinity

Years
Nice Diego, sounds great, can't wait for the new patch, I want to continue my playthrough :)
Don't worry, the patch should be released soon.
Way to go! diego... Waiting for the upload... Cant wait to catch the scyther & pinsir...=D
The patch should be out soon.
Any luck on the morty bug? I'm stuck with nothing to do. :( Looking forward to finishing this rom though. :) Thanks.
The Morty bug is an easy bug to fix, but I'm trying to focus on the Contest right now... :/
I recently repatched my rom with latest update & i have found that berries are not growing,moo moo milk is not sold per day anymore,kurt took the apricorn but doesnt finishes to make a ball... i dont know if its only with me...
The berry tree at route 45(where there is small pond) says Aspera berry but you get a Leppa berry...
I think that's an issue with you, because you probably have the RTC turned off.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
It's good to hear you're making progress with the Bug Ctaching Contest. Truthfully, when I was playing through the most recent beta (I've been enjoying it so far by the way), I did notice its absence. So yeah, I can't wait. :D Thanks for all you've done so far. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
is it possible that the poke gear be fixed to hold a lot of trainers' numbers in it?
Is it also possible to change the pokegear sounds? i was also thinking if mom has the option to be bank, like hold your money for you and stuff.

anyways, keep up the good work, this remake is one of my favorites. I might just finish this beta up to the where it can last and just trade off my pokemon from there using a link cable emulator to continue my adventure. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2012
Excellent hack! I haven't played a Pokemon hack since Pokemon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2016
bugs

The pokemon crystal dust has a bug when opening he pokegear.it doesnt open after you first saved ur game

Sierraffinity

Years
Where is Morty??,why he absent in gym
Sorry, it's a glitch with the current beta. When the Bug-Catching Update comes out, that issue will be fixed.
It's good to hear you're making progress with the Bug Ctaching Contest. Truthfully, when I was playing through the most recent beta (I've been enjoying it so far by the way), I did notice its absence. So yeah, I can't wait. :D Thanks for all you've done so far. :)
No problem! Thanks for your support!
is it possible that the poke gear be fixed to hold a lot of trainers' numbers in it?
Is it also possible to change the pokegear sounds? i was also thinking if mom has the option to be bank, like hold your money for you and stuff.

anyways, keep up the good work, this remake is one of my favorites. I might just finish this beta up to the where it can last and just trade off my pokemon from there using a link cable emulator to continue my adventure. :)
1. You mean like registering random people who ask for your phone number? Sorry, but I haven't yet cracked that part of the Pokénav system.
2. I can't do this because of the simple fact that I can't make a way to choose numbers to store/withdraw money...
Thanks for your suppport!
Excellent hack! I haven't played a Pokemon hack since Pokemon Shiny Gold!
thanks for commenting!
The pokemon crystal dust has a bug when opening he pokegear.it doesnt open after you first saved ur game
Can you be more clear and perhaps post some screenshots? I need to know exactly what's wrong before I can fix it.

Bug-Catching Contes progress:
Just need to finish the judging! Although that's the hardest part...

Albert Clare

Sir Fluffy
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
I've just finished the Johto Quest, and I can safely say I enjoyed it very well. I had very few major Issues, though I would recommend that, until the Pokégear Glitch (it doesn't register Numbers correctly) is fixed, make Evolutionary Stones available; it was rather difficult to beat the Elite Four with a Pikachu, Growlithe, and Gloom (I did it mostly with the other Members of my Team and healing Items, and they worked just fine until the Elite Four, which were an interestingly faithful Reconstruction).

Years
I've just finished the Johto Quest, and I can safely say I enjoyed it very well. I had very few major Issues, though I would recommend that, until the Pokégear Glitch (it doesn't register Numbers correctly) is fixed, make Evolutionary Stones available; it was rather difficult to beat the Elite Four with a Pikachu, Growlithe, and Gloom (I did it mostly with the other Members of my Team and healing Items, and they worked just fine until the Elite Four, which were an interestingly faithful Reconstruction).

I agree on that... I already completed the Johto like two times & it was fun. But we need evolutionary stones for now until Pokegear is fully functional... I used emerald cheat to get just a fire stone to evolve my growlithe but it seems to create a problem or a bug with day/night events or growing berries... I guess its better not to use emerald gameshark codes...

Pac-Man1096

Pokémon GrayStone Version
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
I'm just wondering... Do you ever plan on changing the PokeGear sprite or improving it? It seems to stand out from everything else in the game and it kind of bugs me. I have made a sprite myself and I would show it to you if I knew how to upload pictures.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
I like D&N system that you are using in beta 1 than beta 2.
So,I suggest you using D&N system that you are using in beta 1

I hope next beta be better !

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
I absolutely love this hack. I have tried to play so many hacks and I just don't like the colors, tiles, graphics but this game wow. I am stuck at the morty gym glitch right now and I can't wait for the fix! Thank you guys for this awesome hack!

Sierraffinity

Years

I agree on that... I already completed the Johto like two times & it was fun. But we need evolutionary stones for now until Pokegear is fully functional... I used emerald cheat to get just a fire stone to evolve my growlithe but it seems to create a problem or a bug with day/night events or growing berries... I guess its better not to use emerald gameshark codes...
Well, with the Bug Catching Contest, I'm adding in a Sun Stone. But I'm not going to put in others unless I figure out how to make the Pokégear registration work.
I'm just wondering... Do you ever plan on changing the PokeGear sprite or improving it? It seems to stand out from everything else in the game and it kind of bugs me. I have made a sprite myself and I would show it to you if I knew how to upload pictures.
Which Pokégear sprite? You mean the one that spins around when talking to someone?
I like D&N system that you are using in beta 1 than beta 2.
So,I suggest you using D&N system that you are using in beta 1

I hope next beta be better !
What's bad about this one? Can you explain how the other one was better?
I absolutely love this hack. I have tried to play so many hacks and I just don't like the colors, tiles, graphics but this game wow. I am stuck at the morty gym glitch right now and I can't wait for the fix! Thank you guys for this awesome hack!
I'm hoping to have the fix out soon, keep watching this thread!

Almost done! I'm in the final stages of programming it in.

Pac-Man1096

Pokémon GrayStone Version
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Well, with the Bug Catching Contest, I'm adding in a Sun Stone. But I'm not going to put in others unless I figure out how to make the Pokégear registration work.

Which Pokégear sprite? You mean the one that spins around when talking to someone?

What's bad about this one? Can you explain how the other one was better?

I'm hoping to have the fix out soon, keep watching this thread!

Almost done! I'm in the final stages of programming it in.
Yes, that PokéGear sprite. Something about it just seems to stand out from the professional quality of the rest of the game.

Back