• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
That is just my personal experience of it; doesn't mean you won't like it. There are many good parts about it, but it just wasn't for me.​

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Tell me about it! I worked at a photography store before and it was.. ugh. I know it's not as bad as retail clothing but.. >_> I just.. don't like dealing with people.. especially idiots @_@

I work in clothing. It suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. >n>"
I suggest to avoid CLOTHING for retail. However, beauty supplies and junk is simple.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
......happy that one of the games I am working on will get announced soon :333 So I will finally be able to spazz and talk about what I am actually working on <3333

Man I love working in Games.

Sounds like you've played your cards right and judging from your jovial tone, honestly, I actually envy you. Kudos.

Mine is awesome and I am happy with my pay. It is fun being an IT Technician for a University, because you don't do the same thing every day; varies a hell of a lot.​

Wouldn't it be inexplicably convenient to hold that post within your own university? I'm thinking of working for the library if they let me at mine.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
Hope your luck strikes me the same way.
Are the majority of technically issues you face solved by a simple system restart?

Years
Retail jobs are pretty soul crushing if you have the wrong mix of bad customers, annoying coworkers, and uncaring managers.

droomph

weeb
Years
Ahhh yeah I've heard a couple stories before. It's pretty dumb how all these customers act so entitled though. You're buying groceries...don't expect them to be your slaves...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
My printer problem is that it guzzles ink like an SUV guzzles gas, and it's too expensive to keep our color ink cartridge filled... we pretty much have to print everything in black and white now.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Printers are how computer companies make money, with those super expensive ink cartridges. >_o

droomph

weeb
Years
Also, if you have an inkjet printer, instead of getting the paper printed, it's a robot orgy session, with a bit of printing going on.

That's why I like laser printers, even if they only come in black and white. That gets the job doooone.

And yeah, why do ink cartridges cost so much? I'm buying ink, not a house...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Because that's how they get you. Some computers even come with free printers, they make up the money by having their own brand of ultra-expensive ink that you have to buy to keep it working.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Customer service costs them money, it doesn't make them money. Although I've bought a lot more expensive printers based on what I would save on ink cartridges, because higher-quality printers have less expensive cartridges since they don't need to make up the loss of money with cartridges like the free/cheap ones do.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Why spend all that money on the cartridges? Just get refill kits.

Lot cheaper... Unless you spill ink all over the floor/carpet/yourclothes/thecat/whatever.

Some cartridges can't be refilled though, so its best to get the refill kit first, then a printer that uses cartridges that you can refill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back