• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B2W2 starter

Starter for B2W2

• The smug Snivy

Votes: 110 35.3%
  • The tough Tepig

Votes: 69 22.1%
  • The O-Adorable Oshawott

Votes: 133 42.6%

• Total voters
Years
I pick Tepig. Like many people, the ones in this thread, i picked Tepig 'cause I picked fire types all the time throughout my games. Though for LeafGreen it screwed me up when I first met Brock. I just wanted a Charizard. (I realize now what blasphemy it was that I didn't pick FireRed. :\)
And I still picked Tepig after doing research on it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMufN7RF8k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94UeC0W9wI8
The rest goes a bit off topic-stick to the thread!
Yes, ask the question: "How in the Pokemon world is that research?!"
And yet, another thought: Imagine if Professor Oak or any other Pokemon Professor was your real life professor. You get the urge to procrastinate and go on Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Tumbler...*rants on and on about pro-procrastinating sites until* ...and you hear them say "Now is not the time to use that."

ミズゴロウ

nations
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2012
Most likely will go with Mijumaru again... I'm tired of fire-fighting types. Only one I like is Bursyamo. So Mijumaru I suppose is what I'ma choose. I don't like any of the Isshu starters though, I'll probably abandon it as soon as I get another Pocket Monster lol.

Incepticon

The Fakemon Spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
I used to hate all of the grass types. The order of liking was Fire > Water > Grass. But now i really like all of them. I think I will choose Oshawott though. The anime has me really liking it.

Years
Gotta retract my previous statement about going with Oshawott. It'll be Tepig this time around- I blame the new trailer and confirming of the male protagonist choosing Tepig and my thing about trying to stick with the canon(?). Plus, I haven't really used Tepig since I started White and traded it over, so I guess it's fair.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I've used both Tepig in Black and Snivy in White, so I'll be going with Oshawott this time around.

I'm going to have a problem if I buy another version though... damn!

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
I actually only used snivy once. Snivy was too un-offensive for me. On the other hand i used the others toooo many times
Tepig-5
Oshawott-6
(if youre wondering why i replayed over 12 times it is becausei get bored of my current pokemon team easily)

I would most likely choose a snivy running a defensive set

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
I'm kind of a live in the moment trainer, when it comes to my starter and team, but at the moment I am leaning towards Oshawott, i have trained all three of the Unova starters and Oshawott was by far my favorite. But if i get a good look at the new Unova Pokedex i may change my mind depending on the availability of Pokemon during the game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Even though I voted here some time ago, I'll say my choice here. I'm going with Oshawott, just like I did last time in Black.

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
I'll be choosing Oshawott in Black 2. I always pick the water starter. Always. If I decide to pick up White 2 as well, then I'll go with Snivy in that one...otherwise, it's Oshawott all the way for me.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I voted Tepig,but forgot Arcanine and Lucario will be avalible. So Oshawott. Though I plan on getting both so I may just get all 3 once again like I did in Pokemon White 1.

Tepig would take both Arcanine and Lucario out due to the Fire/Fight Emboar.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Snivy all the way. He looks the most awesome out of the three (3rd evo).​
im using snivy right now and i do agree that he is an epic bokemon but IF they are still using the same starters then i will be going with oshawatt because he is strong and cute :P

I pick Tepig. Like many people, the ones in this thread, i picked Tepig 'cause I picked fire types all the time throughout my games. Though for LeafGreen it screwed me up when I first met Brock. I just wanted a Charizard. (I realize now what blasphemy it was that I didn't pick FireRed. :\)
And I still picked Tepig after doing research on it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMufN7RF8k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94UeC0W9wI8
The rest goes a bit off topic-stick to the thread!
Yes, ask the question: "How in the Pokemon world is that research?!"
And yet, another thought: Imagine if Professor Oak or any other Pokemon Professor was your real life professor. You get the urge to procrastinate and go on Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Tumbler...*rants on and on about pro-procrastinating sites until* ...and you hear them say "Now is not the time to use that."
i must admit though that other then pokemon black i have been using fire pokemon starters forever so i might choose tepig, anything is good to choose from at this point, the only downside about tepig is that its evolutions arnt as cool as oshawotts or snivys

Last edited:

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Samurott is my favorite, but since I chose him in Black, I'll be going with Tepig for Black 2! Tepig was actually my first choice when the BW starters were first revealed, but when the evolutions came out I didn't like them and so went with Oshawott when I got the game. Now that it's been a while, Emboar has grown on me and I want to use him now.

Back