• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: Fat Kid [Beta 1.2.4 (21JUL18)]

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 10, 2022
This game legit blew my expectations out of the water. I was expecting a pure meme game, but this is actually a bit invoking. Already in my Top 3 Rom Hacks and I haven't even finished the beta yet. Only wish it was popular enough for someone to make a guide on all the porygon forms and what form learns what, and what all the moves do.

Last edited:

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
Damn I've been waiting for the trailer, while was already posted?? Grrrrr...
Anyways.. LOL! I liked how Karate Kid was defeated...
Thus, I'm amazed of your progress, 99% overall meaning its near to be completed! Well done.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Damn I've been waiting for the trailer, while was already posted?? Grrrrr...
Anyways.. LOL! I liked how Karate Kid was defeated...
Thus, I'm amazed of your progress, 99% overall meaning its near to be completed! Well done.

I think he means beta 1 progress, not the whole game. It is only 2 gyms long (from what i hear) so there is probably going to be 2-4 more betas (i think) so yeah if you want proof look at the beta 1 progress.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
I think he means beta 1 progress, not the whole game. It is only 2 gyms long (from what i hear) so there is probably going to be 2-4 more betas (i think) so yeah if you want proof look at the beta 1 progress.

I've been busy for the past week since I'm currently in progress of moving to Washington state so once I'm nestled in, I'll be able to work even harder since I'll be at home without my family for the next four months. Sucks they won't be there but hey at least I'll get a lot of work done lol.

As for an update to beta 1, I'm currently wrapping up the updates to the Tech type. It wasn't correctly working and now it is but there is another bug I have to fix ... yay. Also, I've decided to add the Fairy type into the game. I was already fixing the tech type ... took 5 more mins to just add it lol.

Okay, I'll be pushing it but you might not see a patch until the end of August. Sorry gang!

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
Spoiler:

Oh, I taught it was the full game play release, this explains why I went all-out crazy mode. Anyhow, Thank you for the entertainment (y)

Last edited:

MisuSinha

Rhydon 567
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 1, 2019
Alright, time for some updates! First off, the mapping for Fat Kid beta 1 is almost finished! Three more interiors and it's on to scripting!

A big thing I'd like to talk about (that's what she said): We are introducing a new type into the game. It'll be called ............................. Tech type! Based off technology-associated pokemon. Below you will see the list of changes of pokemon who will now have the Tech type:

Porygon Normal ---> Tech
Porygon (evos) Normal ---> Tech
Rotom Electric / Ghost ---> Ghost / Tech
Rotom Wash Electric / Water ---> Water / Tech
Voltorb Electric ---> Electric / Tech
Electrode Electric ---> Electric / Tech
Koffing Poison ---> Poison / Tech
Weezing Poison ---> Poison / Tech
Grimer Poison ---> Poison / Tech
Muk Poison ---> Poison / Tech
Trubbish Poison ---> Poison / Tech
Garbodor Poison ---> Poison / Tech
Elgyem Psychic ---> Psychic / Tech
Beheeyem Psychic ---> Psychic / Tech
Solosis Psychic ---> Psychic / Tech
Duosion Psychic ---> Psychic / Tech
Reuniclus Psychic ---> Psychic / Tech
Klink Steel ---> Steel / Tech
Klang Steel ---> Steel / Tech
Klinklang Steel ---> Steel / Tech
Genesect Bug / Steel ---> Bug / Tech
Deoxys Psychic ---> Psychic / Tech
Ditto Normal ---> Tech
Regirock Rock ---> Rock / Tech
Regice Ice ---> Ice / Tech
Registeel Steel ---> Steel / Tech
Castform Normal ---> Tech
Mew Z ---> Psychic / Tech
((TBA +1) ---> Tech / Ghost or Tech / Dark

Tech type defense table:
Electric = 0x
Fighting = 0.5x
Steel = 0.5x
Bug = 0.5x
Dark = 0.5x
Normal = 1x
Flying = 1x
Poison = 1x
Ground = 1x
Ghost = 1x
Psychic = 1x
Grass = 1x
Dragon = 1x
Fairy = 1x
Ice = 2x
Fire = 2x
Rock = 2x
Water = 2x
Tech = 2x

Tech type attack table:
Rock = 0x
Electric = 0.5x
Fire = 0.5x
Water = 0.5x
Ground = 1x
Fighting = 1x
Steel = 1x
Normal = 1x
Flying = 1x
Poison = 1x
Psychic = 1x
Grass = 1x
Dragon = 1x
Fairy = 1x
Ice = 1x
Ghost = 2x
Bug = 2x
Dark = 2x
Tech = 2x

As for moves, we are still working on it. The only two pre-existing moves that will be type changed are Technoblast and Tri attack.

You can change the following moves into tech:
GEAR GRIND
AUTOTOMIZE
SHIFT GEAR

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 31, 2018
Yo everyone!

This is my first post here, as I created the account just for this. It is tough on my mobile but anyway....this is gonna be a long post.

Thank you for this romhack! Before starting to complain I want to say thank you. The comedy is great so far, the maps are more than decent, i mean the mapping, oh and the overall style looks sweet. lil flowers everywhere, the buildings, I really like the atmosphere so far on this Beta.

From my understanding you are quite passionate with this and have a ton on funny ideas to implement. I assume it will take a long time, but to me it has huge potential to become a superb hack. So I wish you the best in this!

Now...so far I just had my 1st badge, and sadly I'm already disappointed. Let me explain...

I play on mobile, Android, with a 1986 Trashman base, and patched 1.2.4. I also tried 1.2.3.

Oh quick before I go on, 3 things:

1/ The types ''label'' in your poke's move screen are weirdly colored but I'm sure you know.

2/ The Grandpa giving you the power plant quest...the third option ''should'' read ''maybe, i don't know'' *giggles stupidly*

3/ Just out West of Flatflank, there's a sprite error on the ''north side hedge'' : one of the trees is a half tree.

Now let's get serious. Why did I become annoyed? Porygon. It's a garbage starter...for now!

As you know, the Tech type is broken. Literally. It does no damage. Sp.Atk Porygon lvl 100, doing an amazing 2 dmg on a lvl 3 Flabébé. Right now every Tech type move does like a fixed 2 dmg on things it's supposed to be neutral against.

When you combine this with Slam and its 75 accuracy, then slap the awful stats of Porygon on top of all this, you have a perfect disaster of a starter. I'd have picked Magikarp instead. Also, empirically, Slam is even less accurate. Out of 400 tries I've hit 258 times which is 64,5 acc. And 400 tries is a lot. Without grinding, 400 attack turns can get you quite far in a regular game.

Please consider buffing the acc, or replace by Body Slam. Paralyzed foe is cool since Porygon is so slow anyway.

Before I go on the movesets, let's talk a bit about stats.

I wanted to calculate Base Stats for the different forms. With no EVs and a neutral nature I had to know the IVs.

Fortunately, Porygon SPeed evolves into Skiddo at lvl 27, then into Gogoat at lvl 32. Conversion2 Gogoat, new meta!

Using the known base stats for Gogoat I could get the IVs. Reminder, at lvl 100, your max HP is 110+double base HP. For other stats it is double the base stat +5. The differences gave me the IVs.

Then naturally, based off these I could calculate all Porygon forms base stats. If I'm correct, and with the format hp/atk/def/spA/spD/speed:

HP form: 110/45/65/35/65/30. Total 350
Atk form: 70/120/25/30/25/70. Total 340
Def form: 80/55/150/25/35/15. Total 360
SpA form: 40/45/35/120/35/65. Total 340
SpD form: 75/25/60/25/130/35. Total 350
Spe form: 35/55/65/55/65/100. Total 375

Do you realise how low it is? Especially for a starter. That can't evolve. Would you play with Qwilfish as your starter? With Dunsparce? Because their total are respectively 440 and 415. Loudred and Lombre have 340. Regular starters 1st stage are about 310 and Unown is 336. Growlithe has 330. Even regular base Porygon has 395. Come on! Those are rookie numbers!

Please pump it up! This is our starter!

Maybe add an item to use like evo stone that is unlocked through plot and boosts the stats later ingame? Or just pump the numbers a bit.

100 speed for a speed form is meh, even though it has great ability and moves to increase it or lower foe's.

I'd say, at least 85-90 in HP for both def forms. 130 in the relevant offensive stat for atk forms. Not less than 75-80 for both atk stats for speed form. Not less than 75 for both def stats for both offensive forms, especially if you keep their HP and/or Speed low.

The idea is that, if you're not using an ingame item to boost the stats, then their base stats total should be around 500. Which is a decent starter total. Not less than 450 please. Exploud isn't that great yet it has 490.

Now! A few words about abilities. Since Tech is immune to Elec, Volt Absorb and LightningRod seem redundant, if not pointless. The first one will barely trigger since AI tends not to use moves that you are immune to, and the 2nd one will be useless unless you plan to have a decent amount of double battles. Finally, SpDef form has Truant. With poor damaging options and BST 350, this is quite trollish.

I'd suggest maybe Natural Cure instead of Volt Absorb. Thick Fat maybe instead of Truant? The physical/special split seems absent. Clear Body maybe for SpA form. Also if you go with the phy/spe split, please include mini icons to remind us which move is what.

Finally I'd like to list the wacky Tech moves, and discrepancies in Learnset. When you upgrade, the PC says ''learnt moves include xxx, every xxx levels''

HP form: doesn't learn Recycle. Learns moves every 10 levels, not 5.

Atk form: doesn't learn Corrupt. But learns Scan.

Def form: doesn't learn Protect and Hotfix.

SpA form: learns listed moves AND also Hotfix and Norton Nuke.

SpD form: learns listed moves. Last one at lvl 56 although it should be 54.

Speed form: all fine. Likely the best all around form. Still weak without TMs until lvl 72.

Now onto the wacky moves! Some of them use weird characters C, U, E but maybe it is on purpose and for you to see them easily in a list. Some of these moves are said to deal damage but they don't. Ok let's go:

Coil: isn't coil. Does nothing, looks like placeholder.

Foul Play: Flavor text looks off.

Cord Grapple: no dmg is dealt. But says foe can't escape. Supposedly a Tech Wrap I guess. Flavor text looks incomplete.

Data Mine: Works fine, secondary effect is cool. 5 BP just looks weird.

DDOS: Works fine. Is that regular or bad poison though?

Download: hard to see what it does. Is supposed to prevent speed boosts but ingame text looks like Foresight/Odor Sleuth.

Encryption: Works fine, the accuracy could be 90 though.

Hotfix: Works fine, high chance to apply secondary effect. Feels like it has a high critical hit ratio.

Infect: no dmg is done. But the secondary effect is really nice.

Leecher: works fine but 85 accuracy feels low.

Norton Nuke: Works fine. Just that a multi strike with this power and accuracy feels wtf. Funny.

Null: Flavor text looks incomplete. Secondary effect is nice.

PointRelease: lol. Alrighty my good sir.

Proxy: Does damage but shouldn't. Nice secondary effect.

Scan: no damage. Acts as Bulk Up instead.

Speed Test: no damage. Secondary effect is nice.

Techno Blast: no damage. Secondary effect is nice.

Trap Remix: no damage. Secondary effect is nice.

Upgrade: Works fine. Acts as Refresh though, so it's redundant.

Upload: no damage. Secondary effect is nice.

Volt Switch: no damage. The switch part works well though.

Here we are! Last thing is I'd suggest adjusting HP form's learnset, to remove Refresh. To avoid redundancy and this way not have 2 moves learnt at lvl 60 since Leecher could then come at lvl 40.

Overall my points are 2: pump up base stats somehow, and make each form viable, notably HP, Def, SpD. Maybe add one or two decent moves, even not Tech, to the sets.

I'd like to feel like we can stick to one form and still play through without it being tedious to defeat foes. Aside of this, each form has themed movepool and playstyle properly done. Oh, and I just love their sprites!

I wanted to feedback all of this in one post. I know this is Beta 1 and still work in progress, I just think the starter is a very important part. Also I'm sure you know about most, if not all, of these flaws, i just wanted to make a thorough recap.

So don't take it for rude, I have no doubt that when it's finished it's gonna be an awesome hack.

Thanks for the reading, thanks again for this funny hack, and good luck for the next parts!

Cheers!

L Z

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 4, 2020
Would you play with Qwilfish as your starter? With Dunsparce?

Yes.
Yes I would.
especially if it was a snakewood qwilfish or uranium/rubydestiny3 dunsparce but that's not entirely relevant because I'm just a weirdo lmao

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Where are people getting that he is retired? I see nowhere in the thread that he says he's retiring.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Not going to lie, this was a hack that I was most hyped for when it was announced. I am replaying the beta as we speak, and man, the dialogue is to die for. a healthy balance of silliness and humour indeed!

Years
It says that it is 99%/100%, does this mean that it is practically done, or does it abruptly end at the...end?

Or wait, it says BETA1 is 99%/100%, far from done then?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Sad to see that this project was discontinued... I have really enjoyed playing the beta despite the thousands of bugs, this had a lot of potential

Back