• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Request: Translation

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 29, 2021
Hi, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place and remove of not allowed, I'm new to these forums. I found a hack I really want to play but unfortunate it's in Japanese. It's called Pokemon devil 3rdx+, it's a hack of Pokemon firered with all the Pokemon up to gen 6 and they're moemon, as far as I know the story is unchanged so I could play it as it is but it's when the Pokemon learn new moves I wouldn't know what they are. I wondered if anyone could translate it or perhaps take the sprites and use them in another game, I did attempt it myself but I couldn't do it :frown:

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
I did attempt it myself but I couldn't do it :frown:

I don't speak Japanese and have never attempted a translation, but I'm fairly certain it is a bit more involved that simply replacing the strings. The main thing we need to find out is whether it is an English ROM with Japanese or is it actually a Japanese ROM (which makes things harder)

Open the rom in advance map and look at the ROM info for a 4 letter code. Is the last letter E or J?

Also is it emerald or firered?

This will probably help whoever decides to take this on.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 29, 2021
The main thing we need to find out is whether it is an English ROM with Japanese or is it actually a Japanese ROM (which makes things harder)

Open the rom in advance map and look at the ROM info for a 4 letter code. Is the last letter E or J?

Also is it emerald or firered?

It's a firered hack and I'm 99% sure it's actually a Japanese ROM since you have to patch a Japanese version of the game. This is the first time I've looked into actually messing with a ROM so I'm not very familiar with the software yet and I can't see any 4 letter codes...

Last edited:
Back