• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do YOU like sports??

Sirfetch’d

i'm a really sporty person and they are a huge part of my life(watching not playing lmao i have no athletic genes). do you enjoy them?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Yessss love sport.

I watch AFL (Australian football) a lot, and am looking at picking it up next season for fun. I also watch tennis and am finally getting back into playing it after a few years hiatus. Cricket is good too, partially since it's in my blood to like it hahaha but much prefer ODI and T20 over test matches which I just don't have the patience for.

I'm not the most athletic person but pretty good at tennis. Other sports I just enjoy playing for fun.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I love sports, particularly Boxing and MMA. I especially love the history of Boxing.

However, I've attempted to get into playing sports. I'm awful at most of them. I failed at playing soccer, then ended up being worse in basketball. My pain tolerance has always been low, so I never bothered with boxing. I did attempt to learn martial arts, but it wasn't for me.

Years
Outside of competitive dance my interest in sport is limited. It was always fun to participate but never something I was serious about and while I don't dislike watching sports there's just too many things I'd rather be doing for me to ever really get into it.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I consider Pokemon training a sport, so I understand a 'sport' mentality at least a little (even if i don't do much other sports stuff other than pokemon games if like any at all lol).

I did some-what play sports as a kid, actually, though.....
*is remembering right now* I used to shoot hoops a lot and sometimes play actual basket ball I think? XD Also i tried some other sports with my homeschool co-op. They were fun, from what i remember. I foot raced with friends too^^

I may of also been interested in playing baseball (or softball?) as a kid from what I remember. Never got to play it, though. Probably wouldn't of liked that I couldn't wear a dress so easily for it anyways xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
I love sports. Football (The proper British kind) is my favourite to play and watch.

I also like to go running, cycling, lifting weights and go to the gym.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Not even a little bit.

I find it curious a lot of people flip out when they learn you can be male and not obsessed with sports.

To me, it's the same stereotype of being a woman and not liking dolls or pink or something.

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
Outside of competitive dance my interest in sport is limited.
Any specific style of dance?

I consider Pokemon training a sport, so I understand a 'sport' mentality at least a little (even if i don't do much other sports stuff other than pokemon games if like any at all lol).
I believe "Pokemon training" would be considered an eSport.

Not even a little bit.

I find it curious a lot of people flip out when they learn you can be male and not obsessed with sports.

To me, it's the same stereotype of being a woman and not liking dolls or pink or something.
Assuming you're "American", I'd say that's anti-American! :laugh-squinted:

Well, I like parkour and enjoy watching it, if it counts as a sport.
I wouldn't see why not, unless your definition of "sport" involves large corporate (and State) sponsorships, and/or activities that involve teamwork.

As for myself, though I'm not currently participating in such activities, martial arts are definitely on my bucket list, along with gymnastics, parkour, & dance. That said, I prefer "sports" that focus on individual ability as opposed to emphasis on teamwork.

Also, I tend to stray away from mainstream sports (especially professional), since they tend to be sponsored by large corporations and/or The State, which tends to gentrify the competitive spirit (IMO).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I sorta wish I liked sports. I think I'm too impatient to sit through watching whole games, though @_@ I only played sports when I had to, such as when I was a kid, and in high school I only joined the softball team because I needed a sport and they didn't cut anyone lol.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
My first crush from high school played tennis and he got me into it pretty badly.

Then I like Formula 1 because it's an incredibly nerdy sport about lap times and strategies with the added bonus of crashes and rain acting as a wild card that can change everything (now, if only there was more competitivity between teams, as in the late noughts...)

And I'm Spanish so I have to support a football team by law.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't really care for sports, but I'll gladly watch Alabama or JSU football. That's basically it lmfao.

Back