• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
We usually have a Monthly Announcement each month, but due to the holiday season coming up we're going to join November & December so we can take a little time off and not worry about releasing an announcement at the end of the holiday season. I'll be posting the announcement in mid-December. To make up for the concatenation, here's the official artwork of the protagonists.

Alto_Aria_smaller.png

4K Download Phone Wallpaper Alto: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14046770/pr_public/Wallpapers/Alto Reveal.png

4K Download Phone Wallpaper Aria: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14046770/pr_public/Wallpapers/Aria Reveal.png

Last edited:
Years
Mm, that's some fantastic art. Alto's free stylin' and Aria's looking very lovely.

The more I see this, the more I'm eager to play it.. I shall wait for the next update with baited breath.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
Since this appear sto be a very graphics intense game may I ask what specs will be necessary for this game to run at the best quality ? Will my crappy Lenovo laptop with 2GB Celeron processor and Intel Graphics HD suffice (I intend to replace it soon anyway) or will I have to play it someplace else for the time being ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Since this appear sto be a very graphics intense game may I ask what specs will be necessary for this game to run at the best quality ? Will my crappy Lenovo laptop with 2GB Celeron processor and Intel Graphics HD suffice (I intend to replace it soon anyway) or will I have to play it someplace else for the time being ?
Chances are you won't be able to run the game at very high FPS so it won't seem as smooth as we hope it to. However we are currently working on methods of allowing people with lower-end systems to play this game with better performance by tweaking some options.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
As our own little present to you, our patient followers, we would like to present a fully-realized quest in Pokémon: Phoenix Rising! Featuring our winter paradise Ilacia City as the setting, you'll get a look at some of our newest features designed for the game. This is the outside world's first glimpse at our unique day/night cycle, our wardrobe system, the Journal interface and our other menus! In this Alpha footage you can enjoy some a short quest among many which you will have the opportunity to play yourselves next year.

Please do keep in mind that much of what you see is subject to change and improve as we are approaching Beta. We just hope to give you a taste of what's to come. Happy holidays!

Follow us
Twitter - https://twitter.com/pkmnPR
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pokemonphoenixrising/
Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonphoenixrising/

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Wow! Gameplay looks great! Love the music, and the art is so well done.

It's nice to see more gameplay, and I'm looking forward to the release! :)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
absolutely love the ho-oh forme!!!

am i in it gavin

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
This forme looks amazing. Will it know any fanmade moves or will it be simply just be Ho-oh with better stats? I would definetly increase its Defence and Special defence stats because of its 4x weakness to Rock. Or just make it immune to moves that are Super Effective against it as its ability .

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I've updated the first post to represent our Storyline more accurately, as well as note our features. We have chosen to eradicate an "evil team" as it was the last remaining trope in our gameplay. The main story remains mostly unchanged but far more original and interesting now. You can read about it below!

Storyline

In a war torn nation, you'll take on your most important call -- to unite the Oracles against a force greater than the world has ever seen. 

The War that Wages

For hundreds of years the Council of Oracles have maintained peace in Hawthorne. They established after a great war seen a revolution overthrow their tyrannical king. However there are many who believe the Oracles have become complacent and detached. Their integrity is challenged by a family led by a man who calls himself "King" claiming to have descended from Royal Blood -- the true heir to sovereignty. The Royal Family promises to unite Hawthorne and develop it into a powerful force among larger nations. Despite their oppressive distant past people are beginning to flock to the side of the Royal Family. It is time for the High Oracle Anastasia to reunite her Council and regain their grip of peace, or surrender to the pages of history opening once more.

The Phoenix Rising

The region of Hawthorne was, at one time, a land torn asunder by war and suffering. Its people despaired in the face of such destruction, crying out for a savior. In a sign of divine acknowledgment, the Legendary Ho-oh soared across the sky; its feathers rained down to the people below and blessed the earth. Similar legends of the winged savior are told in many cultures; however, the people of Hawthorne have traditionally believed that Ho-oh would one day be resurrected to fight alongside a powerful Trainer and unite their nation once more. This is the legend of the Phoenix Rising. Although the memory of this tale has slipped from the public eye, it is in times of strife that these memories recapture the imagination of a people.

Choice & Consequence
As the hero, your mission will require you to make tough choices. Rarely will you be required to make a decision which has simple choices between good and evil. In a morally ambiguous world; your choices can affect the fate of others in different ways. Pokémon: Phoenix Rising features multiple endings that result from the choices you make throughout the game. Your decisions have an impact on how this war wages and who remains on top. With three penultimate epilogues, and various end-world states Pokémon: Phoenix Rising offers much replayability. 

University
Only the best and the brightest receive acceptance to  Trinita University, the Hawthorne region's premier establishment of education. The School offers several disciplines focusing on Pokémon Battling, Pokémon Breeding, and all around knowledgeable adventuring. As a newly enrolled student you will choose what you study, your choice affects your gameplay. The discipline you choose will affect your skill tree and the perks you can obtain in the game. Trinita University will serve as a new home for you during your journey. A place to return to for new quests, to stock up or just to chat with characters you've met along the way.

Features

Choice Determined Gameplay
The decisions you make during the main quest and side-quests will have various outcomes. Rarely is it ever a simple choice between good and bad - in a morally grey world there is never an easy answer.

Multiple Endings
Choices you make during the story influence the final outcome of the game. With three penultimate world states, and even more factors that can be affected by your choices; you'll have plenty of reason to replay the game.

Skill Trees
Your skill tree will allow you to purchase "talents" throughout the game. You achieve points as you play for various activities and can spend them on new perks to suit your play style. The discipline you study  Trinita University will enhance your skill tree with new options. So whether you're a shiny collector, Pokémon breeder, Pokémon collector, money hoarder or something completely different - your skill tree will bolster the efforts you make to achieve your goals.

Difficulty Modes
If you're looking for a challenge that goes beyond the standard of the game; you'll be able to find it with a simple option change. In the same vein, if you're looking to focus on the storyline and breeze through trainers and wild Pokémon - Easy mode will always be there!

Multiple save files
You will be able to play your game in different ways and so it only makes sense that you can save it in multiple ways too. Whether you're playing though a Nuzlocke Mode, making different decisions to your first playthrough, new disciplines in Trinita University or simply want to choose a different starter Pokémon - you'll be able to do so without deleting your previous saves.

PokéStrap
The PokéStrap is a key item you receive during your adventure. Packed with useful applications and utilities - it should surely help you during your adventure. You can always toggle it on or off so you can show or hide it on screen!

Quest System
During your adventure you will encounter people who are in need of your help. They may not be on the path of your main adventure but each one holds a story. Experience a game with multiple quest lines, use your Journal to aid you in tracking these quests and reap the rewards from helping people - or not. The choice is up to you!

Character Customisation
Change your outfit and your skin tone to resemble the hero you want to play as. With full character customisation you will be able to represent yourself in many ways. Unlock new outfits as you play, and mix and match clothing! You're the hero, express your individuality.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
This looks amazing. Good work on the screens so far!

One question: Will you be porting it to Mac or do I have to Wineskin it myself? I don't mind either.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 28, 2016
This is looking good! I'm really impressed by the design of ho-oh's arisen form. Great job and I hope you guys have lugia too somewhere in the game.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
i can't wait to play it, it looks great.. xd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back