• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

These drinks taste exactly the same!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Is this Pepsi or Coca-Cola? Sprite or 7up? C Plus or Crush?

Can you tell the difference between drinks that lots of people think taste the same? Or you think they taste all the same for you?

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I can't, especially all the carbonated ones, because I don't drink them frequently enough to know.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
There are definitely some drinks that I've tasted enough to know the difference between itself and another drink. I can even name different drinks by smell, too, but I can never really describe how they taste or smell.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I've never heard of C Plus or Crush, so I don't know about those, but I can tell the difference between Pepsi and Coca-Cola and Sprite and 7up.

7up > Sprite
Pepsi > Coca-Cola

Dr. Pepper >>>>>>>>>> Pepsi & 7up

Years
Generally, yes. Especially with the lemon-lime sodas. My preference goes 7up > Sprite > Sierra Mist. The last one is just a bit too sweet, I think.
Pepsi vs Coke, I'm not so good, but I can tell. Somewhat. All I know is Cherry Pepsi isn't the same awesomeness as Cherry Coke. :(
Orange sodas, I probably could, because I drink more Sunkist than I'd care to admit. Especially the difference between Sunkist and Fanta. Not sure about Crush, I've never had it.

The key of telling the difference is to try all of them, and more than once!

Sir Codin

It took me a while to get the difference between Pepsi and Coke.

Pepsi tastes better warm, whereas the opposite effect is with Coke. At least that's what I've determined after some years of drinking both at various temperatures.

Warm: Pepsi > Coke
Cold: Coke > Pepsi

I prefer my soft drinks cold, so I'm a Coke person. Not to mention I like the taste better.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Pepsi is sooo much better than Coke, to me at least. Coke always leaves a funny after taste and it's always so sweet whereas Pepsi gets the balance just right. As for 7up vs Sprite, I drink both of them all the time and barely notice a difference so I'll have to agree with you there! Never heard of the last ones though. Ones that I do find really hard to differentiate are Tango and Fanta, but I'm not keen on either so that's no problem.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Some more than others. With Pepsi and Coke though they are what they are: substitutes. I will take whichever one is available if I am in the mood for them. However, I am rarely in the mood for soda in general and when I am it is usually Orange Soda or Dr. Pepper I get anyways.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I can definitely tell a difference between Pepsi and Coca-Cola. I grew up drinking Coke, but once I started working I switched to Pepsi, and I prefer Pepsi now. Coke just feels really thick, leaving a film in my mouth, and has a weird aftertaste.

The other soda I can taste a difference on is Crush versus Fanta. I prefer Crush's orange over Fanta's. Again, Fanta (being a Coke product) just has a weird aftertaste, and the last time I drank some I felt sick. Crush is just more refreshing.

There's really no difference with the clear sodas, so I drink whatever I can get for those. (Although a local soda company makes the best lemon-lime soda I have ever had, and so I get that that when I want that flavor.) Probably because those aren't my sodas of choice. Pepsi is, so that's why I can recognize the taste of that more.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I can defo tell the differant between Coke and Pespi, Pepsi to me is just flat coke so I drink coke now. As for other drinks like 7up and sprite I wouldn't know as 7up is hard to find in my town.

I'm allergtic to Orangade, Cherryade disagrees with me...

PokéZoom

~Gotta Catch Em All
Years
I can easily tell the difference between Pepsi and Coca Cola... Pepsi just tastes horrible.
While it's a bit harder for me to tell the difference between 7-Up and Sprite, I can still tell the difference.

As for C Plus and Crush, I've never heard of either.

Brizz

TM87
Years
I'm really not a cola person at all. Cola is my last choice of drink when it comes to soda with the exception of Sierra Mist natural. But if I have to choose between Pepsi or Coke, I almost always would go with Coke.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I prefer Pepsi than Coca-Cola, but I like Coca-Cola better when it's cold, it taste bad when it's warm :C

Also when I drink too much Coca-Cola, I get a slight headache, it's only with that particular drink that it happens, not really sure why..

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Some stuff I can tell a difference.
Other things I don't drink often enough to be able to tell. x:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I honestly can't tell a difference between any of them. But that might be because I rarely ever drink them. Anything without that fake sugar crap tastes fine, and all the same, to me.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Is this Pepsi or Coca-Cola? Sprite or 7up? C Plus or Crush?

Can you tell the difference between drinks that lots of people think taste the same? Or you think they taste all the same for you?

I haven't had pop in ages (feel sick from it) but I think because of it, I'm really able to tell the difference. Pepsi is more sugary, coke more syrup-y, sprite is more lime-y, C Plus has more of a fake taste to me.

Yeah just my thoughts, but I can tell the difference.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Coke and Pepsi taste differently for me, Pepsi is a tad bit sweeter than Coke, and Sprite is sweeter than Sierra Mist or 7-Up. So, I pretty much know the difference to each of the sodas. xD

Back