• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Time PokeDev

Years
  • Age 42
  • Iowa
  • Seen Sep 30, 2021
i was sitting here thinking about how long it may take me to develop a lengthy Fan Game with Pokemon Essentials, and i couldnt come to a reasonable conclusion.

so for the sake of conversation, i was wondering how many man-hours any of you may have put into a lengthy fan game?

i know there are people that worked for YEARS on their creation (Pokemon Uranium for prime example)
but i was wondering if that's how long mine would take if i was in for The Long Haul?

answers wont change my mind about making a lengthy one, might practice with some smaller fan games first, like attend the next Game Jam, but i am a man that cant help but think big...

maybe that's cause i am a big guy. XD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
BY myself it seems to be taking forever hahaha, I don't have the artistic skills like most do here, but I have a story, idea, characters and what not. I am taking tutorials on how to be a better spriter but all in all it mike take me a year to even develop something decent enough to show hahaha

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Excluding the time that I take breaks, 14 months (around 2100 hours of development) in Pokémon Island. In the first full playable version (0.9) I spend almost half of this time.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Iowa
  • Seen Sep 30, 2021
Excluding the time that I take breaks, 14 months (around 2100 hours of development) in Pok?mon Island. In the first full playable version (0.9) I spend almost half of this time.

wowzer! and i seen you in quite a few script posts, so that's telling me quite a lot in actuality... yup, "The Long Haul" indeed.

Back