• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen IV distribution

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 14, 2018
I'm posting this here even though it applies to all games because I'm playing Soul Silver.
I want to catch Lugia but I don't know how many tries it'll take to get one with decent IVs,
I can't breed since it's legendary so it's basically chance, preferably I'd like to get one over 70% IV or something like that.

I want to know if anyone knows where I can find an IV probability distribution chart, I can never find one, only ones relating to chance of perfect or anything, I don't really care to soft reset for something insane since that would take too long, but even the chance of finding pokemon with 70%, 80% and 90% perfects would be good. I care because Lugia is one of my favourite pokemon and I'd like to keep it on my team so it needs to be good enough to handle itself.

there are 1,073,741,824 possible IV combinations, how do I calculate how many of which are over 70%, 80% or 90% etc.

One last thing, I don't actually care about attack, it can be 0 since it's pointless so I guess it's between 5 values instead of 6 which is 33,554,432 that I actually care about.

Last edited:
Back