• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Pyrite

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 10, 2018
I think I found a bug. I was trying to level up my abra by having him as the first pokemon in my party and then switching to another pokemon in battle, so the xp is shared. However, after the first pokemon is defeated, abra gets all the xp. Every pokemon after that that is defeated rewards 0xp
EDIT: Didn't see the couple of posts above mine

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 17, 2018
Made an account here just to say THANK YOU. You Sir just made the best Pokemon game ever, this is the first time in my life where I see an external modification of any sort where EVERYTHING is *just damn right*. Do you accept donations? I really want to pay you for this.

P.S.: > to make the experience gain increase by multiplying the original experience with the result of player's Pokemon level / enemy's level (*)

Is it me or the order is reversed?

P.P.S.: Maybe you need to specify in OP that you need 1.0 version of rom:
Pokemon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.0) [C][!].gbc
md5: 9f2922b235a5eeb78d65594e82ef5dde

Is there a difference between 1.0 and 1.1 Crystal versions btw?

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2020
Hey Crystal_l! awsome hack so far, I've never had so fun playing pokemon hacks! By the way, I'm wondering if there would be a method to get surf on Raichu, or moves that pokemon dont actually learns by leveling up or breeding, but they are still capable to learn (for example, I've found a Pidgeot with reflect, or a Nidoking with megahorn)

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2022
hello! im Francesco from italy! i enjoy the first half of the game for the new "difficult" that i have to face with very strong enemy! i had been pretty scared to enter some gyms!
Sadly the kanto region still to easy=(! my team after been able to beat the elite4 was way too prepared for the kanto part! but i cant see any way to make this part competitive cause i have a full team who can pretty much counter every enemy!
Im quite sure its not possible but maybe a thing like the impossibility to carry my pokemon to pallet town and to be drive there by the game after beating the elite4 first time and getting a new starter from prof Oak to start a second new adventure, and after completing all the kanto gyms being able to get back even my old monsb would be awesome! being "forced to start with a new team!

Years
Made an account here just to say THANK YOU. You Sir just made the best Pokemon game ever, this is the first time in my life where I see an external modification of any sort where EVERYTHING is *just damn right*. Do you accept donations? I really want to pay you for this.

P.S.: > to make the experience gain increase by multiplying the original experience with the result of player's Pokemon level / enemy's level (*)

Is it me or the order is reversed?

P.P.S.: Maybe you need to specify in OP that you need 1.0 version of rom:
Pokemon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.0) [C][!].gbc
md5: 9f2922b235a5eeb78d65594e82ef5dde

Is there a difference between 1.0 and 1.1 Crystal versions btw?

1. Don't worry about donations, it's free, but thanks :)

2. Whoops, it's reversed indeed

3. Don't know but I found this: https://hax.iimarck.us/post/6767/#p6767

Hey Crystal_l! awsome hack so far, I've never had so fun playing pokemon hacks! By the way, I'm wondering if there would be a method to get surf on Raichu, or moves that pokemon dont actually learns by leveling up or breeding, but they are still capable to learn (for example, I've found a Pidgeot with reflect, or a Nidoking with megahorn)

Thanks! RBY TM only moves can be taught in the ecruteak move tutor; surf on raichu however, is an event move and is therefore not available in this game.

hello! im Francesco from italy! i enjoy the first half of the game for the new "difficult" that i have to face with very strong enemy! i had been pretty scared to enter some gyms!
Sadly the kanto region still to easy=(! my team after been able to beat the elite4 was way too prepared for the kanto part! but i cant see any way to make this part competitive cause i have a full team who can pretty much counter every enemy!
Im quite sure its not possible but maybe a thing like the impossibility to carry my pokemon to pallet town and to be drive there by the game after beating the elite4 first time and getting a new starter from prof Oak to start a second new adventure, and after completing all the kanto gyms being able to get back even my old monsb would be awesome! being "forced to start with a new team!

Nothing is going to be changed at this point but I tried to make the difficulty of the game as balanced as possible throughout the game; in the end though, if you've built a very powerful team it's possible that kanto feels a little easier because you have many more options available. Feel free to add any rule you wish by yourself, such as limiting the number of pokemon that you can carry from johto, for example.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2022
yea thats the problem=/ i build a team with no legendary but still the combo pokemon type X moves type X item bonus% is giving a too high 1shot potential!
just some revive+hyper potion is enought to take down all the gyms!
Anyway u did an awesome job with this hack! i really enjoy it, thanks for the hours of fun you donate to me=)!

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Is it weird that i have not found a single shiny yet even though i just made it to Cianwood. Its not from lack of looking am i just unlucky or could there be another reason?

Years
Is it weird that i have not found a single shiny yet even though i just made it to Cianwood. Its not from lack of looking am i just unlucky or could there be another reason?

It's just luck. The shiny encounter rate is the same for everyone: 1/256

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Does anyone know where is the earliest and how you get horsea or staryu? I haven't made it up to the first gym, just looking to plan ahead for team building. I would appreciate it if someone could help me out!

Thank you.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
Yo. I love this hack. The difficulty is just right, and I've found thirteen shinies so far (three legendaries I soft-resetted for, and the others were random while grinding mostly).
But... I gotta ask for a hint for the Vermillion gym puzzle. I must be thick or something, but the trainer hints aren't helping me in the slightest and I've been stuck for a while : /

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
What's the point of the Up-Grade now that trading is no longer a necessity for evolving?

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2022
after beating blaine how do i proceed? i catch mewtwo and all 3 legendary birds! sadly there is still no gym leader in viridian city=/

Years
Does anyone know where is the earliest and how you get horsea or staryu? I haven't made it up to the first gym, just looking to plan ahead for team building. I would appreciate it if someone could help me out!

Thank you.

Staryu surfing in the route east to new bark down and horsea in the whirl islands.

Yo. I love this hack. The difficulty is just right, and I've found thirteen shinies so far (three legendaries I soft-resetted for, and the others were random while grinding mostly).
But... I gotta ask for a hint for the Vermillion gym puzzle. I must be thick or something, but the trainer hints aren't helping me in the slightest and I've been stuck for a while : /

Ehm, just keep trying... yeah I'm aware it can be a bit annoying

What's the point of the Up-Grade now that trading is no longer a necessity for evolving?

You can sell it or keep it for no reason, nothing else

after beating blaine how do i proceed? i catch mewtwo and all 3 legendary birds! sadly there is still no gym leader in viridian city=/

You should be seeing Blue above the cinnabar gym after you beat blaine

Mag-Mar

50% Saved Steps
Years
I've been playing this for some hours and it's the most awesome game I've ever played of this franchise. It forces you to really push yourself more and more.
Anyway, which program did you use to edit the scripts?

Years
I've been playing this for some hours and it's the most awesome game I've ever played of this franchise. It forces you to really push yourself more and more.
Anyway, which program did you use to edit the scripts?

I did it all with hex editing. Never did too complex things, but it was a pain in the ass at times. You should work over the pokecrystal disassembly, now that we have it, if you want to do something similar.

Mag-Mar

50% Saved Steps
Years
Yes, I've been trying to see the Hex Codes and it's a pain in the ass indeed. I'm trying to do something like your experience limitation by gym badge on Fire Red. That was a great idea.

Do you have any intention to rematch system gym leaders?

Back