• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Thanks for the help...I sorted the problem...
Just wondering how to make an .ips patch with your hacks data on it so i can distribute it
when i finish my hack...

You need Lunar IPS, which is included with Elitemap.

In block editor, choose the block you step over and make it's background behavior "00". If that doesn't work, make another block somewhere else.

Neither of those worked. In case it helps, I edited the house sprites in Viridian City, and the top of the building was the parts of the house right above the special sprites for the Pokemon Center with paved land behind the top of the building.

Edit: I just added an attachment. It is a .zip file with the .bvd file of the tileset, as well as the .DIB and .pal files that have the necessary pictures. This was intended for use in Firered Viridian City.

Last edited:

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
How can I change the name statistics special abilities and attacks/attack levels of my new pokemon with a hex editor

zak

xpert trainer
Years

a few questions ..... is there anyway to insert a brand new tileset into a ruby rom , not just replace an old one but acualty create one from scratch and make like a new bank for it..? if so please leme know n sum1 tel me how its done ........

ok i also hav a problem , i created a few maps from scratch and ive encountered a few problems...... 1stly some times wen i enter a wild battle after i finish the battle its like im out of the main characters body , its wierd i can stil move a bit but the player overworld is not moving.... now this usualy happens because of one of the overworlds ive inserted in the scratch map so i remove it , but i was wondering if there was another way to prevent this?

another thing one of the scratch maps sometimes like resets the events, it literaly max's out al the event you can have, but none of them are visible....

if anyone has anything that may help me wiv this plz post, or pm me...................................zak......................................

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
How can I change the name statistics special abilities and attacks/attack levels of my new pokemon with a hex editor

You can use Pokemon Amplifier.

a few questions ..... is there anyway to insert a brand new tileset into a ruby rom , not just replace an old one but acualty create one from scratch and make like a new bank for it..? if so please leme know n sum1 tel me how its done ........

ok i also hav a problem , i created a few maps from scratch and ive encountered a few problems...... 1stly some times wen i enter a wild battle after i finish the battle its like im out of the main characters body , its wierd i can stil move a bit but the player overworld is not moving.... now this usualy happens because of one of the overworlds ive inserted in the scratch map so i remove it , but i was wondering if there was another way to prevent this?

another thing one of the scratch maps sometimes like resets the events, it literaly max's out al the event you can have, but none of them are visible....

if anyone has anything that may help me wiv this plz post, or pm me...................................zak......................................

You can replace empty tilesets or tilesets you don't want.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
sorry to be annoying but can someone plz answer my questions

I think your question's been answered before. You can edit Oak with unLZ or TLP/Tile Molester.
And the only script editor is Script ED, you can compile scripts with it too, or use Diamond Cutter.

Andrew McKenzie

Years
Hey does anybody know where i can get an advancemap of map editor for firered/leafgreen and don't say elite map cause the map editor or anything else in it doesn't work for me except on ruby but i cant hack that because wen i go into advance text for the txt editing i only get up to route 101....
so any map editors/townlabel editors/townsign editors for firered

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hey does anybody know where i can get an advancemap of map editor for firered/leafgreen and don't say elite map cause the map editor or anything else in it doesn't work for me except on ruby but i cant hack that because wen i go into advance text for the txt editing i only get up to route 101....
so any map editors/townlabel editors/townsign editors for firered

Go to this thread for tools. There's a link to Advance Map there.

zak

xpert trainer
Years

You can use Pokemon Amplifier.

You can replace empty tilesets or tilesets you don't want.

i know that i can replace old ones i was asking if i could make one and insert it without replacing and old one , like i htink theres 54 tilesets in ruby , can i make it 55 anyway?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
I have this give pokemon script just to see if I scripted it right and the event keeps repeating. I don't know what I did wrong. Here's the script:
Code:
#org 0x800300
lock
checkflag 0x10A
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x800370
setflag 0x10A
msgbox 0x8800400 ' "Here, take it...."
callstd 0x4
setflag 0x828
givepokemon 0x78 0x5 0x3
msgbox 0x8800430 ' '/v/h01 recieved a ST..."
callstd 0x4
goto 0x8800370
release
end

#org 0x800370
msgbox 0x8800490 ' "Nope. Only one!..."
end

#org 0x800370
end

#org 0x800400
= Here, take it.
#org 0x800430
= \v\h01 recieved a STARYU!
#org 0x800490
= It worked!
#org 0x800490
= It worked!

Now then, compare LASTRESULT 0x1 and if 0x1 call 0x800370 means that, if the flag is set, go there right? should I put goto instead of call?

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
I changed the map and position of some of my sprites while using Advance Map and Elite Map.
One problem though.
When I went to play the game, some of the sprites dissapeared.
The dialogue and events still happen, but the sprite won't be there.

Like in the beggining, in Littleroot, the Mother's Sprite isn't there.
And all the sprites WITHIN the lab are gone.

Does anyone know the problem?

zak

xpert trainer
Years
hmmmmm

that sounds a bit wierd, you sure you didnt edit the events in advance map? if not i'd suggest a clean rom , that 1 might be corrupt.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
In the Overworld Editor program, there's a command that says Import Bitmap, but it's grayed out and I can't ever click on it. How do I use it?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I have this give pokemon script just to see if I scripted it right and the event keeps repeating. I don't know what I did wrong. Here's the script:
Code:
#org 0x800300
lock
checkflag 0x10A
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x800370
setflag 0x10A
msgbox 0x8800400 ' "Here, take it...."
callstd 0x4
setflag 0x828
givepokemon 0x78 0x5 0x3
msgbox 0x8800430 ' '/v/h01 recieved a ST..."
callstd 0x4
goto 0x8800370
release
end

#org 0x800370
end

#org 0x800370
end

#org 0x800400
= Here, take it.
#org 0x800430
= \v\h01 recieved a STARYU!
#org 0x800490
= It worked!
#org 0x800490
= It worked!

Now then, compare LASTRESULT 0x1 and if 0x1 call 0x800370 means that, if the flag is set, go there right? should I put goto instead of call?

The event keeps repeating in ScriptED, did you try it out in the game?
And you forgot to put boxset for the second message.

I changed the map and position of some of my sprites while using Advance Map and Elite Map.
One problem though.
When I went to play the game, some of the sprites dissapeared.
The dialogue and events still happen, but the sprite won't be there.

Like in the beggining, in Littleroot, the Mother's Sprite isn't there.
And all the sprites WITHIN the lab are gone.

Does anyone know the problem?

Look at their ID with Advance Map. Make it "0000" to make them be on the map.

Andrew McKenzie

Years
How do I create scripts like givepokemon,item and battles,etc.
how do I add them to my hack

how do i create a new storyline,i can edit text but how can i create an actual storyline in the hack....please help me....

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
How do I create scripts like givepokemon,item and battles,etc.
how do I add them to my hack

how do i create a new storyline,i can edit text but how can i create an actual storyline in the hack....please help me....

1. I made a scripting tutorial that helps you to make such scripts.

2. You can make new events like events with Team Rocket to go with the storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back