• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) Discussion Thread 2013

Years
e3_2013_logo.jpg

THE TIME HAS COME ONCE MORE!
Welcome to the official E3 discussion thread. The time is upon us, once again, for the biggest Video Game Expo of the year. This is where the big companies battle it out on stage and aim to 'wow' the audience with their new technology, games and plans for the coming year.

Event information
Live event coverage will be HERE

When?
June 10th through June 14th

Where?
Los Angeles, CA at the Los Angeles Convention Centre

Time Zone?
UTC/GMT -8 hours

Schedule
Microsoft
Monday June 10th - 9:30am

EA
Monday June 10th - 1:00pm

Ubisoft
Monday June 10th - 3:00pm

Sony
Monday June 10th - 6:00pm

Nintendo
Nintendo Direct: Tuesday
June 11th - 7AM

Pokemon X/Y Panel
June 11th - 6PM

Discuss everything that is E3 here!

Last edited:

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
I'm excited to see what Nintendo has in store. Pretty pumped to see PS4 in the flesh too. I don't particularly care for XBox One.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm generally more excited for Nintendo Direct at E3 because of Smash Bros., and I'm planning to create a new thread discussing about it by analyzing rosters from previous titles. For Microsoft, I'm expecting whether or not that image for the upcoming Xbox One launch titles, which has been going around the internet not too long ago, is true.

Years
Just so you know guys and girls, Nintendo aren't actually doing a conference like the others, as they decided they didn't want to, so they are just doing the Nintendo Direct thing.

Just incase anyone was wondering why they aren't in the main line up.​

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
To be perfectly honest, I'm wondering how much boos Microsoft will get this year. Or at least, how they will screw up, according to viewers.

Other than that, I'm always looking forward on what Nintendo will show in their Nintendo Direct, with Mario Kart Wii U and Super Smash Bros Wii U up on the horizon. I hope Sony will showcase Tales of Xillia too, and maybe they'll showcase more HD-remake games. Hm. I'm going to be looking forward to the Pokemon X&Y Panel too.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Microsoft has a lot of damage control to do, and not much time to do it. Their conference is going to have to blow people away with games while at the same time clarifying their position on a number of controversial topics.

Meanwhile, Sony is in a lot stronger position going into E3. They're still in gamers' good graces and have already shown off a number of PS4 titles, with a lot more obviously to be shown off at E3. Plus, Microsoft is going first. If MS makes even one misstep in their conference, Sony can take it and run with it 8 hours later at theirs.

Should all be interesting to watch. I'm really looking forward to observing it (and covering it, for that matter).

Years
I agree that Microsoft have a lot of damage control to do. The xbox1 hasn't gone down well at all, so it is going to take a lot for them to try and win this years E3. With Microsoft going before Sony, they need to really hard home hard with something, or Sony are going to have an easy platform for the PS4.​

Years
I think that some of what we hear at both Microsoft and Sony's conferences on Monday will really determine whether gamers that are on the fence go with either the Xbox One or PS4. I know that I've been anxiously awaiting each presentation, as this is probably the most we'll find out about each console until they're approaching their respective launch dates.

Obviously, Sony has a huge advantage by having their presentation go later in the day, meaning they can pick apart any small things that Microsoft talks about that gets even a little negative reaction. Microsoft will really have to hit it out of the park if they want to both make up for some of the negative reaction that they've already received, and to outshine the PS4 conference.

I really wish I would've thought about booking the day off work in advance, but maybe that could be a blessing in disguise, as I won't be spending an entire day glued to my computer screen awaited each little tidbit of news.

Years
COME ON SONY!

I'd really like to see Valkyria Chronicles 3 released over here but I can't see it happening V_V

Maybe some news on Kingdom Hearts 3?

The PS3 has served me well throughout the years, never had any technical issues with it. I'll be looking forward to getting a PS4 at some stage. Oh man, maybe they'll finally put out some good games for the PS Vita too . . .

The funny thing is, I'm still playing my PSP and in some aspects I think it's better than the 3DS lmao - you can hook it up to a TV how cool is that bro?

I'mma stop rambling now.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I cant wait, im just upset i couldn't get tickets and no one gave me any this year. The biggest thing im looking forward to hear about it the future of multiplayer on these new consoles.

As most others are saying I dont think microsoft will impress, and I think sony will continue to do what it has done up to this point. The thing about nintendo is surprising but some would say its to be expected, there is only so many motion gaming titles you could make before it gets old and boring, also nintendo has a habit of falling back on old IP's and using them to make money.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Does anyone know which gaming website will show livestream conferences at better quality and less lag?

I think Microsoft will continue to show us crap. And nintendo is showing nothing. That's my forecast for E3

You do realize that Nintendo will be showing new trailers of their upcoming games, including the anticipated Smash Bros. title and Retro Studios' secret project, as well as a Pokemon conference later on next Tuesday?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Does anyone know which gaming website will show livestream conferences at better quality and less lag?
Usually GameTrailers has the best quality streams - they're HD and pretty big too. Not sure about lag though.

And I'm really excited to see the "future of Final Fantasy" even though I'm pretty sure it's just Versus rebranded to XV. Then again, I doubt we see it for a few more years even after they finally show it off. Probably going to happen at the Sony conference, since there's a private press event about it on Tuesday.

Zet

Years
COME ON SONY!

I'd really like to see Valkyria Chronicles 3 released over here but I can't see it happening V_V

Maybe some news on Kingdom Hearts 3?

The PS3 has served me well throughout the years, never had any technical issues with it. I'll be looking forward to getting a PS4 at some stage. Oh man, maybe they'll finally put out some good games for the PS Vita too . . .

The funny thing is, I'm still playing my PSP and in some aspects I think it's better than the 3DS lmao - you can hook it up to a TV how cool is that bro?

I'mma stop rambling now.
Unfortunately we won't hear anything about Kingdom Hearts 3 until Versus is out :(

You do realize that Nintendo will be showing new trailers of their upcoming games, including the anticipated Smash Bros. title and Retro Studios' secret project, as well as a Pokemon conference later on next Tuesday?
As Morkula said, GT offers the best quality streams, and I've never had any lag problems with them(I'm in Australia so that says a lot).

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Just gutted that the Sony press conference will be at 2AM here in the UK, which I won't be up till 'cause I got an exam tomorrow. Urgh :(

Still, I'm interested to see what these '15 exclusives' Microsoft are promising for the XBone. I'm a Playstation guy (have owned all the consoles except Vita) so I'm hoping they continue to screw up and Playstation becomes the holy relic of gaming bar PCs haha

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yeah I won't be watching the Sony conference since they'll most likely ignore the Vita as usual (for the love of god sony give me a reason to play this damn thing) and I really don't care about the PS4 or Sony's current franchises to stay up late for them.

In it for Microsoft and Nintendo though. It's gonna take way more than Halo to get my and others attentions this time, Microsoft. So it should be interesting to see what they're cooking. I've already got a Wii U and that thing needs games.

Years
I'm looking forward to the MS conference. I guess I'll read up on what Sony are up to in the morning, since it's at a poor time for me.

Pokemon tomorrow will probably end up being more interesting than the consoles themselves.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Smash 4 is what I'm particularly excited for. I'm more than content with a Wii U, a 3DS and a Vita this gen, and I know they'll all get good games eventually. (3DS already did) I doubt I'll get an Xbone or PS4, but hey, it's E3 today, so I might change my mind as soon as tomorrow. A new Naughty Dog game could get me to buy a PS4, if it looks appealing to me.

EDIT: 3 hours and a half until Microsoft's conference!

Last edited:
Years
Smash 4 is what I'm particularly excited for. I'm more than content with a Wii U, a 3DS and a Vita this gen, and I know they'll all get good games eventually. (3DS already did) I doubt I'll get an Xbone or PS4, but hey, it's E3 today, so I might change my mind as soon as tomorrow. A new Naughty Dog game could get me to buy a PS4, if it looks appealing to me.

EDIT: 2 hours and a half until Microsoft's conference!

If you're talking about The Last Of Us which is getting a lot of hype at the moment, it's a PS3 game.

Anyway we have to assume CoD will be shoved down our throats so have some pre-E3 warmup.

Link1 Link2

Footage of two missions. People finally seem disappointed for once, it's about time it has been horrible since MW2.

Back