• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] No wild battles!

Sirfetch’d

It was confirmed that these games will feature no wild battles and everything will presumably be like Pokemon Go in terms of wild encounters. How do you feel about this? Is this a deal breaker for you?

Years
I'm betting the game will have a way to grind, whether it be with a certain type of trainer (like the Pkmn Breeder in Black & White 2) or have some device like the Vs. Seeker return, with maybe no need to charge. It could even just be the candies like in Pokemon GO, though if they are common, I might not enjoy the process as much.

Either way, most wild battles I catch or run away from the Pokemon, and don't ever really fight it. The absence of the feature will be missed by (almost) everybody, but I think most people forgot how much we just run away or use repels.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Wild battles are boring... but so is Pokemon Go-style Pokemon catching so idk. I guess I don't really care much--it seems like it's gonna be easier than PGO because you won't have to worry about curve balls or outright missing...? So that's probably enough to placate me.

My one worry is just how much they're adapting the PGO style. Can the Pokemon run away? Would that be something to worry about when you encounter a Legendary??

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
I'm going to assume it'll have a leveling up system akin to Pokemon Go, related to candies which I don't enjoy.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
If no wild battles are available in Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, I hope Game Freak would make other ways to gain Exp. points tad bit easier, like having more battles, or having recurring battlers (like what Radboy mentioned earlier) if available. If that requirement is ticked off, I don't mind if I don't get to battle wild Pokémon at all.

Last edited:
Years
I don't like this change. There is some strategy required when catching Pokémon by putting them to sleep, plan your attacks so you don't KO it and so on... That's all gone in GO, wheer you just mindlessly throw Pokéballs until the Pokémon is caught or run away.

I can see you'll get EXP for catching Pokémon, but that would be annoying. You would have to spent more money on Pokéballs and then spent time releasing all caught Pokémon. I also have bad feeling that they will lower the levels of all the trainers to make games more easy.

Years
I'm a little disappointed by the lack of wild battles, but I hope there will be something else to replace it. I don't like very much the Pokémon Go style of catching Pokémons; I would need a greater dexterity to get those Excellent throws :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I think it works well cause of the Pokemon Go connectivity, but I'm hoping there's still some way to grind or train your Pokemon. I'm not a big fan of Pokemon Go's candy system cause it takes forever to power up and I hate having to catch multiples of Pokemon just to evolve or level up , so hopefully the training system is different.

blue

gucci
Years
Eh, it's a let down but not a deal breaker. I'm presuming you'll gain Exp from catching the Pokemon to encourage people to catch more Pokemon.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I'm still in! While it does bother me, I'm also curious as the how players will gain experience outside of trainer battles. Catching Pokémon seems the most likely method... but it would get boring fast. I really hope ordinary Pokémon don't run away from you!

Years
So my thoughts:
I can imagine regular Pokémon occasionally fleeing, and that would totally be annoying. I do wonder if they'll provide the same appraisal tools as you have in GO, because I'll be catching Pokémon like crazy just to get a strong Pokémon, haha. (CP is still a thing!)

Like how GO handles Raid / Research Breakthrough battles though, I don't imagine they'll allow those to flee.

You might run out of balls though. Never a fun time.

Years
As Clover brought up, the lack of wild Pokemon battles makes me wonder how gaining EXP will work. It will be terrible if it's relied on trainer battles, since they pretty much couldn't be rematched.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
why is no one mentioning how it will be almost impossible to EV train in this game? Unless they open up EV features more and make them real easy... without wild battles you can't really EV train in this game. But then again I doubt this game will have almost any competitive feature outside of normal types,moves and ablilites . No IVs or EVs. Heck I have feeling that this game will not have breeding and have ZERO post-game outside of elite-four rematches.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i just don't know how you're going to level up pokemon without battling. curious to see what their plans are for this.

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
It'll be missed, but hopefully they have the VS Seeker or something to compensate (with trainers getting stronger after each match).

Years
why is no one mentioning how it will be almost impossible to EV train in this game? Unless they open up EV features more and make them real easy... without wild battles you can't really EV train in this game. But then again I doubt this game will have almost any competitive feature outside of normal types,moves and ablilites . No IVs or EVs. Heck I have feeling that this game will not have breeding and have ZERO post-game outside of elite-four rematches.

I heard that there wouldn't be any EV or IV training in this game at all. Forgot where that was from, might have been in the Q&A session. But it seems to be an extremely stripped down version. There is supposed to be online battles which will naturally turn into a highly competitive thing, but it will probably wind up being based on random catching of powerful pokemon without the ability to manipulate how they are raised.

Years
Yeah I find it kind of annoying to be honest, but with the amount of great stuff in the games, I can overlook it and will still be able to enjoy the gameplay. Besides, they said they'll be other ways to train so I'm sure it won't affect levelling as trainer battles are still present.

Back