• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Better Luck Next Time

Years
Think back on things you have written. What was a great premise that you had that you feel you didn't do as well as you could? What went wrong? Do you want to try again? How would you do it better?

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
Oh most definitley my PMD 6 and 2. I think it was less about the plotlines and more just my work habits then, but I do think for what they were when writing them, the story would have been somewhat weak. It wasn't till I'd say about a year ago I actually got somewhat better at shaping a narrative/plot and so I'm looking on those two and thinking, "Yeah, that's probably Vray, 4th tier instead of the bronze we're looking for."

So one day, when I actually decide to swing back on them, I'll give 'em another go. As for what I can do better, most definitely balancing workload with writing as well as fine tuning a plotline so it isn't written by year in writer me.

Bay

Years
I think Foul Play's earlier chapters could use some more work. Back then I was still figuring out the pacing and how I want the characters to interact. Originally this was supposed to be only 8-10 chapters at first, but I then have the story be half rewrite of the later half of the Sun/Moon and US/UM games and that led the story needing more chapters. If I can go back, I actually might just have Nanu, Grimsley, and a couple characters featured instead of half of the Sun/Moon cast like right now. The premise of "Nanu and Grimsley interacting" will be the same, but the how and its plotline will be different.

Back