• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon World] Incio Region

Coshiua

Autistic Kyogre
Years
Hello everyone. My name is Coshiua, the Autistic Kyogre. I am a Pokémon fanfiction writer native to the Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity forums who recently discovered the PokeCommunity forums. After finding that other users had created a thread about their own fanmade Pokemon Regions, I thought that I would do the same.

So, please let me welcome you all to my current fanmade Pokemon Region project:

Inicio
The Inicio Region is a Pokémon Region in the Pokémon World. It is the planned setting of Pokémon Amber and Pokémon Coral, a Pokémon Quest that I hope to start writing in 2020 or 2021.

Etymology and Design Concept
Etymology
The name "Inicio" comes from the Spanish word inicio, which can mean "start" or "initiation".

Design Concept:
The Inicio Region is based off of the South American country Chile.

Cities, Routes, and other locations
Inicio has fifteen cities and towns, and a Pokémon League.

Like in Unova and Kalos, the routes of Inicio start counting again from 1. There are 22 routes in total.​

Geography:
Spoiler:

The geography of Inicio varies greatly within the region. The region is naturally bordered by a vast ocean to the west and southwest, and its eastern borders are formed by mountain ranges. Inicio is made up of five distinct divisions, all with their own unique characteristics in both geography and Pokémon: Far North Inicio, Northern Inicio, Central Inicio, Southern Inicio, and Far South Inicio.

Inicio League
The Inicio League is the regional Pokémon League of the Inicio Region. After obtaining eight Gym Badges from the Region a Pokémon Trainer may participate in the Inicio League.​

Gym Leaders:
Spoiler:

Inicio PokéDex
The following picture is a photograph of the Pokémon in the Inicio regional PokéDex. The Inicio PokéDex will split Pokémon into five distinct categories: Far North Inicio PokéDex, Northern Inicio PokéDex, Central Inicio PokéDex, Southern Inicio PokéDex, and Far South Inicio PokéDex.

The Pokémon in the Inicio PokéDex were all based on animals or technologies that can be found within the country that the Inicio Region is based off. I commissioned them all from DevilDman on DeviantArt, and will continue to do so at a rate of three to five Pokémon per month until the entire Inicio PokéDex has been filled.
Spoiler:

One of the main themes for Pokémon Amber and Pokémon Coral will be "choice". Players will be able to choose to travel along one of two branching paths, but be blocked from backtracking by an environmental hazard until later in the game. In addition, I plan to portray this theme with the Player's Rival as well, with how the Player chooses to interact with the Rival determining how the Rival will act and/or do for the Player.

Because Pokémon Amber and Pokémon Coral is intended to be an interactive Quest, I have allowed people that participated in it's short-lived predecessor and expressed interest in it the chance to contribute to it. These contributions include but are not limited to:
  • Name suggestions for the Inicio Region's cities and towns
  • Name suggestions the Pokémon on the Inicio Region PokéDex.
  • Stat suggestions the Pokémon on the Inicio Region PokéDex.
  • Suggestions for unique Pokémon Trainer Classes.

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
DID SOMEONE MENTION GLORIOUS CHILE?

Because well here I am. I had noticed your thread before, Coshiua, but fellow mod Bay was more attentive and beat me to approving it when I asked about it.

I see you are working on an original region concept; that kind of stuff is always welcome around here. Picking Chile the best country in the world I swear is a pretty good idea if it might be a bit limited for a map because boy we are a long and narrow "vertical" band of land - and about as linear as Unova road-wise, even, but let's see how you work around that. Also nice going with the original Pokédex, am interested in asking if the setting will be all Fakémon or we will have some of the original Pokémon.

Unsure if there's something I can help with as a Chile national, but feel free to ask.

Also:

May I ask what is the short-lived predecessor to this Quest idea was? It's piqued my interest that it would have evolved or forked into a choice-based adventure plan in a region like Totally Not Chile considering a number of factors such as the awesome variety of environments we have (truly, we have the best deserts, the best ice sheets, and the best earthquakes since 1538!).

Last edited:

Bay

Years
Hi there! Usually I don't check out the worldbuilding threads here since I'm not great with thinking up regions from scratch, but decided to give this a quick look! Looks like you have quite a few things planned up there. So far the bare bones of this is fine, but I'm curious if stuff like gym leaders and the routes/cities you'll expand upon a later time?

(I also should add the art of the gym leaders is cute! Did you draw them, or someone else did? If the latter, give credit!)

Last edited:

Coshiua

Autistic Kyogre
Years
DID SOMEONE MENTION GLORIOUS CHILE?

Because well here I am. I had noticed your thread before, Coshiua, but fellow mod Bay was more attentive and beat me to approving it when I asked about it.

I see you are working on an original region concept; that kind of stuff is always welcome around here. Picking Chile the best country in the world I swear is a pretty good idea if it might be a bit limited for a map because boy we are a long and narrow "vertical" band of land - and about as linear as Unova road-wise, even, but let's see how you work around that. Also nice going with the original Pokédex, am interested in asking if the setting will be all Fakémon or we will have some of the original Pokémon.

Unsure if there's something I can help with as a Chile national, but feel free to ask.

Also:

May I ask what is the short-lived predecessor to this Quest idea was? It's piqued my interest that it would have evolved or forked into a choice-based adventure plan in a region like Totally Not Chile considering a number of factors such as the awesome variety of environments we have (truly, we have the best deserts, the best ice sheets, and the best earthquakes since 1538!).
I'll be posting more about the Inicio Region as I come up with it, but one of the things that I would like to ask about would be about the kind of clothing that children and adults in Chile tend to wear, as well as if the names for the cities and towns I've chosen sounded alright.

I'm currently renaming all of the cities and towns within the Inicio Region to fit the theme of "Spanish words" though, if someone has an idea for a theme that would better suit the Region, I would be open to it.

Here is what I have so far:
  • Estéril Desert: The Inicio Region's stand in for the Atacama Desert and the division of the Inicio Region that the player will start in. Pokémon within it will be mainly Ground-Type, Rock-Type, Normal-Type, and some Fire-Type.
  • Amanecer Town: The Starting Town of the Inicio Region.
  • Halita Town: The town to the south of Amanecer Town.
  • Estrella Observatory: The Observatory located to the east of the first city. It will house the Inicio Region's equilivant to the Atacama Large Millimeter Array as well as two Pokémon based upon that array, named Mediope and Meditscope.

The short-lived predecessor to this Quest was Pokémon Amber and Coral on Sufficient Velocity. I asked for and received permission to use Smiley-Fakemon's Orugoh PokéDex for the Quest, but then started to feel like I should actually create a unique PokéDex for the Region.

The Quest itself is not that long, starting from when the main character leaves to visit Professor Araucaria and receive their first Pokémon to shortly after she delivered a Pokémon a non-binary person that would become her rival.
Hi there! Usually I don't check out the worldbuilding threads here since I'm not great with thinking up regions from scratch, but decided to give this a quick look! Looks like you have quite a few things planned up there. So far the bare bones of this is fine, but I'm curious if stuff like gym leaders and the routes/cities you'll expand upon a later time?

(I also should add the art of the gym leaders is cute! Did you draw them, or someone else did? If the latter, give credit!)
The main theme of Pokémon Amber and Coral is "choice".

In the Quest, the players will be able to choose how the relationship with the rival will go after the second Pokémon Gym. If the player has a more cooperative relationship with the rival, the rival will occasionally call them up to tell them about a rare Pokémon in an area or about another Pokémon Trainer that wants a rematch. If the player has a more competitive relationship, the rival will become stronger much more quickly, the battles with them more challenging, and potentially grant the player access to items that they wouldn't get later in the game by defeating them.

Another choice would be which of the two Routes to take after the second Pokémon Gym. The player would have to choose to take the Route along the ocean or the Route along the Mountains and, afterward, a natural disaster will prevent them from going back until later in the game. This will determine what Gym Leaders the players will encounter, the reason that there are twelve Gym Leaders instead of the usual eight.

I drew all of the Gym Leaders based upon some references that I found online.

Coshiua

Autistic Kyogre
Years
Cities and Towns [WIP]
Amanecer Town
Spoiler:

Halite Town
Spoiler:

Routes [WIP]​
Inicio Route 1
Spoiler:

Inicio Route 2
Spoiler:

Landmarks [WIP]​
Estéril Desert
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Coshiua

Autistic Kyogre
Years
Here are the male and female player characters for Pokémon Amber and Coral, Kako and Sancha:
Amber_and_Coral.png

Back