Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #401    
Old May 4th, 2016 (9:21 PM).
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj donavannj is offline
  • Moderator
  • Crystal Tier
TCGO: donavannj
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANDERING-POKEMON-TRAINER View Post
No I know some people take the card game seriously bit I meant you guy. Are you just collectors or battlers?
Myself? I largely collect. But mostly because I live so far from leagues and all of my friends are into Magic or Weiss Schwarz rather than playing Pokemon on the level I got into it. When I had more free time, I'd drive to official leagues and tournaments an hour away and go play every couple weeks.

I occasionally play the TCGO as well, but I've never really liked the deck building interface in the game client, and that tends to turn me off of playing there when I actually do have the time to wait for my computer to boot up. I'd play it all the time if there were an Android app, though, and I've been tempted to buy an iPad just for the TCGO before.

Also, I'm presently a wee bit more into anime and manga on a personal interest level (in no small part due to ease of access).
__________________
idol trash and game nerd
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #402    
Old May 6th, 2016 (12:11 PM).
Electricbluewolf's Avatar
Electricbluewolf Electricbluewolf is offline
Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    TCGO:
     
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Location: Land of Tea and Crumpets
    Age: 21
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Sassy
    Posts: 397
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WANDERING-POKEMON-TRAINER View Post
    No I know some people take the card game seriously bit I meant you guy. Are you just collectors or battlers?
    I am both-I don't take it as "seriously" as some people but compete in Nationals and what not
    __________________


    Want to join a fun selling/trading/buying Pokemon Facebook Group?
    With a varied and helpful admin team?
    Join Pokemon Cards Sell/Buy/Trade UK
    you don't have to live in the UK to join, anyone is welcome

    Reply With Quote
      #403    
    Old May 6th, 2016 (3:41 PM).
    Lolraptor's Avatar
    Lolraptor Lolraptor is offline
      TCGO:
       
      Join Date: May 2016
      Location: Hiding under a rock on Mars
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 10
      I was just wondering, I got a Mewtwo EX tin recently and I used the codes for the online TCG game and received two bonus Generations packs. People seem to post really good cards for single packs, I was wondering if I should just open them or trade them?
      __________________
      I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm having fun.
      Reply With Quote
        #404    
      Old May 9th, 2016 (5:19 AM).
      Electricbluewolf's Avatar
      Electricbluewolf Electricbluewolf is offline
      Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
        TCGO:
         
        Join Date: Jan 2016
        Location: Land of Tea and Crumpets
        Age: 21
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Sassy
        Posts: 397
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lolraptor View Post
        I was just wondering, I got a Mewtwo EX tin recently and I used the codes for the online TCG game and received two bonus Generations packs. People seem to post really good cards for single packs, I was wondering if I should just open them or trade them?
        It's really up to you-Generation packs are worth more, as obviously you can only get them by random redeem chance or by redeeming the codes, however dont expect loads of exs for 2 packs
        __________________


        Want to join a fun selling/trading/buying Pokemon Facebook Group?
        With a varied and helpful admin team?
        Join Pokemon Cards Sell/Buy/Trade UK
        you don't have to live in the UK to join, anyone is welcome

        Reply With Quote
          #405    
        Old May 9th, 2016 (10:27 PM).
        joancutepie joancutepie is offline
          TCGO:
           
          Join Date: May 2016
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 7
          How come they never include 2 pack?
          Reply With Quote
            #406    
          Old May 10th, 2016 (5:47 AM).
          donavannj's Avatar
          donavannj donavannj is offline
          • Moderator
          • Crystal Tier
          TCGO: donavannj
           
          Join Date: Mar 2005
          Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
          Age: 26
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 21,010
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by joancutepie View Post
          How come they never include 2 pack?
          Are you asking why there are never blister packs that have just 2 booster packs? Don't know for sure, but it probably has something to do with the economic costs of putting 2 booster packs in a single package as well as the sales forecasts they make for selling 2 booster packs together versus leaving them in separate packaging.

          TL;DR: Probably related to costs and profits.
          __________________
          idol trash and game nerd
          Reply With Quote
            #407    
          Old May 10th, 2016 (3:32 PM).
          GarrettK GarrettK is offline
            TCGO:
             
            Join Date: May 2016
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 6
            Hi everyone! I just pulled my old binder full of Pokemon cards out of my childhood room at my parents house and was wondering if there are any particular cards I should be looking for that are more rare/worth money.

            My cards are all from the basic deck and I think some fossil, I was buying them in the early 2000s I believe. I already know to look for the shadowless and first editions, but what other tips do you have for me? Is there a thread that sums this up on these forums? Should I be asking this in a different section of the forums?

            If someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

            Thanks!
            Garrett
            Reply With Quote
              #408    
            Old May 10th, 2016 (7:55 PM).
            donavannj's Avatar
            donavannj donavannj is offline
            • Moderator
            • Crystal Tier
            TCGO: donavannj
             
            Join Date: Mar 2005
            Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
            Age: 26
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 21,010
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by GarrettK View Post
            Hi everyone! I just pulled my old binder full of Pokemon cards out of my childhood room at my parents house and was wondering if there are any particular cards I should be looking for that are more rare/worth money.

            My cards are all from the basic deck and I think some fossil, I was buying them in the early 2000s I believe. I already know to look for the shadowless and first editions, but what other tips do you have for me? Is there a thread that sums this up on these forums? Should I be asking this in a different section of the forums?

            If someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

            Thanks!
            Garrett
            There's so many cards that hold even a moderate value that you'd be better off listing the rares you have in our "How much is my cards worth?" thread.

            Be on the lookout for known error cards. Bulbapedia has quite possibly the most accurate list of error cards that I know of: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Error_cards
            __________________
            idol trash and game nerd
            Reply With Quote
              #409    
            Old May 11th, 2016 (4:30 AM).
            GarrettK GarrettK is offline
              TCGO:
               
              Join Date: May 2016
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 6
              Thanks!
              Reply With Quote
                #410    
              Old May 23rd, 2016 (9:57 PM).
              K e n's Avatar
              K e n K e n is offline
              Secret Spy
                TCGO:
                 
                Join Date: May 2016
                Location: Under your bed
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 14
                I dont know if this is the righ place to ask this. But my phone isn't compatible with the Pokemon Tgc online game. Im wondering if on what device can I play Pokemon tgc online? Do i need a tablet or an ipad?
                Reply With Quote
                  #411    
                Old May 24th, 2016 (6:09 AM).
                Electricbluewolf's Avatar
                Electricbluewolf Electricbluewolf is offline
                Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
                  TCGO:
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2016
                  Location: Land of Tea and Crumpets
                  Age: 21
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Sassy
                  Posts: 397
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by K e n View Post
                  I dont know if this is the righ place to ask this. But my phone isn't compatible with the Pokemon Tgc online game. Im wondering if on what device can I play Pokemon tgc online? Do i need a tablet or an ipad?
                  Tablet is better, you won't be able to redeem codes from packs on iPad as Apple can't think of a way to make money off it, so they stopped it all together
                  __________________


                  Want to join a fun selling/trading/buying Pokemon Facebook Group?
                  With a varied and helpful admin team?
                  Join Pokemon Cards Sell/Buy/Trade UK
                  you don't have to live in the UK to join, anyone is welcome

                  Reply With Quote
                    #412    
                  Old May 24th, 2016 (6:36 AM).
                  donavannj's Avatar
                  donavannj donavannj is offline
                  • Moderator
                  • Crystal Tier
                  TCGO: donavannj
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2005
                  Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 21,010
                  ... wait, Apple disabled code redemption? Kind of a jerk move.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by K e n View Post
                  I dont know if this is the righ place to ask this. But my phone isn't compatible with the Pokemon Tgc online game. Im wondering if on what device can I play Pokemon tgc online? Do i need a tablet or an ipad?
                  It would either need to be an Android tablet or an iPad, yes. IIRC, the reason it's not officially released for either the iPhone or any Android phones is the data consumption that the app has (200 MB per startup was a number I saw in a couple places, iirc), as well as UI experience with phones having smaller screens to work with. If you already have an iPad or Android tablet, use that.

                  ... and since I started writing this post, Electricbluewolf posted the bit about code redemption not being possible on iPad, so you'd be better off going with the Android tablet route. You'll want a higher end one for the best experience. Any of the ones under $100 are going to have the PTCGO app run like molasses and will need to have their touch screens re-calibrated.
                  __________________
                  idol trash and game nerd
                  Reply With Quote
                    #413    
                  Old June 9th, 2016 (5:51 PM).
                  echimaru echimaru is offline
                    TCGO:
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2016
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 67
                    in tcgo atm which booster/theme has the higest chance of getting dragon type pokemon? need to knock 40pokemon with dragon type, but so far only gloomy basic n lvl1, axew n bagon. which unfortunately only count for 1 card each.
                    so any ideas?
                    Reply With Quote
                      #414    
                    Old June 12th, 2016 (12:40 PM).
                    JayTheKing's Avatar
                    JayTheKing JayTheKing is offline
                    ~~King Of Valla~~
                      TCGO:
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2012
                      Location: Valla aka Kitsune Kingdom
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 946
                      Does anyone know how many cards an Ultra Pro Collector`s Album 20x15 fits?Because I cant find any info on that.
                      __________________


                      3DS:4871 4138 8216
                      Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
                      Reply With Quote
                        #415    
                      Old June 12th, 2016 (4:00 PM).
                      donavannj's Avatar
                      donavannj donavannj is offline
                      • Moderator
                      • Crystal Tier
                      TCGO: donavannj
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2005
                      Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                      Age: 26
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 21,010
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by echimaru View Post
                      in tcgo atm which booster/theme has the higest chance of getting dragon type pokemon? need to knock 40pokemon with dragon type, but so far only gloomy basic n lvl1, axew n bagon. which unfortunately only count for 1 card each.
                      so any ideas?
                      Are you playing against other human players? IIRC, none of the CPU players run Dragon Pokemon in their decks.

                      As for specific sets, Roaring Skies has quite a few of them.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
                      Does anyone know how many cards an Ultra Pro Collector`s Album 20x15 fits?Because I cant find any info on that.
                      Are those centimeter measurements? Can you find how many 9 slot pages it has?
                      __________________
                      idol trash and game nerd
                      Reply With Quote
                        #416    
                      Old June 13th, 2016 (1:53 AM).
                      JayTheKing's Avatar
                      JayTheKing JayTheKing is offline
                      ~~King Of Valla~~
                        TCGO:
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2012
                        Location: Valla aka Kitsune Kingdom
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 946
                        Quote:
                        Are those centimeter measurements? Can you find how many 9 slot pages it has?
                        I suppose.It doesnt say anything else.I manage to find another one at the companie's site which I assume it is the same one.It's description ''Holds 90 collectible cards single-loaded or 180 double-loaded;Each Portfolio includes 10 high-clarity pages ''Are they good for pokemon cards?Also I dont have to buy card sleeves(or whatever they are called)to put in it right?
                        __________________


                        3DS:4871 4138 8216
                        Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
                        Reply With Quote
                          #417    
                        Old June 13th, 2016 (7:45 AM).
                        donavannj's Avatar
                        donavannj donavannj is offline
                        • Moderator
                        • Crystal Tier
                        TCGO: donavannj
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2005
                        Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                        Age: 26
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 21,010
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
                        I suppose.It doesnt say anything else.I manage to find another one at the companie's site which I assume it is the same one.It's description ''Holds 90 collectible cards single-loaded or 180 double-loaded;Each Portfolio includes 10 high-clarity pages ''Are they good for pokemon cards?Also I dont have to buy card sleeves(or whatever they are called)to put in it right?
                        The standard 9-page card page used is adequate for any standard size collectible card, which includes most sports cards, Pokemon, and Magic, among others. Special sizes like ones for Yu-Gi-Oh! are typically indicated on the product's page or on its packaging.

                        And you don't have to buy card sleeves, but they help protect the cards better when pulling them in and out of the slots on the pages.
                        __________________
                        idol trash and game nerd
                        Reply With Quote
                          #418    
                        Old June 13th, 2016 (8:31 PM). Edited June 15th, 2016 by echimaru.
                        echimaru echimaru is offline
                          TCGO:
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2016
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 67
                          how long for u people to reach 2000points in versus? i got 1600 atm, ido it in a week
                          edit :jst read information bout how much u got each win, lll
                          Reply With Quote
                            #419    
                          Old June 17th, 2016 (1:47 PM).
                          Ultan's Avatar
                          Ultan Ultan is offline
                            TCGO:
                             
                            Join Date: May 2014
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 105
                            I started playing the TCGO (learned how to play and everything hadn't looked at Pokemon cards in at least 10 years) last week. My question is does the program crash for everyone so regularly?

                            It has only ever crashed once doing a "versus" battle against someone online, it crashes 100% of the time when I try to play the "tutorial" games (I want those easy prizes but can't get them, game always crashes at same point on the first battle). It often crashes when playing the "trainer challenge" but I can't see what causes it to do so, happens at different moments.

                            Like I would assume this doesn't happen to other people as much otherwise people would get too frustrated with the program, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but that hasn't changed a thing. I'm running on a windows PC by the way.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #420    
                            Old June 22nd, 2016 (9:17 AM).
                            donavannj's Avatar
                            donavannj donavannj is offline
                            • Moderator
                            • Crystal Tier
                            TCGO: donavannj
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2005
                            Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                            Age: 26
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 21,010
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ultan View Post
                            I started playing the TCGO (learned how to play and everything hadn't looked at Pokemon cards in at least 10 years) last week. My question is does the program crash for everyone so regularly?

                            It has only ever crashed once doing a "versus" battle against someone online, it crashes 100% of the time when I try to play the "tutorial" games (I want those easy prizes but can't get them, game always crashes at same point on the first battle). It often crashes when playing the "trainer challenge" but I can't see what causes it to do so, happens at different moments.

                            Like I would assume this doesn't happen to other people as much otherwise people would get too frustrated with the program, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but that hasn't changed a thing. I'm running on a windows PC by the way.
                            Try these steps here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8969180&postcount=2

                            They're kind of a catch all set of steps to follow with most problems with the TCGO client.
                            __________________
                            idol trash and game nerd
                            Reply With Quote
                              #421    
                            Old August 5th, 2016 (1:17 PM).
                            TogeKisser's Avatar
                            TogeKisser TogeKisser is offline
                              TCGO:
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2016
                              Location: A big happy Aviary in the clouds!
                              Age: 14
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Jolly
                              Posts: 219
                              Have they made a Mega Lopunny EX card yet?
                              __________________
                              Watch out for Thunder & Lightning!
                              Paired with t0gekiss!
                              Reply With Quote
                                #422    
                              Old August 5th, 2016 (1:42 PM).
                              donavannj's Avatar
                              donavannj donavannj is offline
                              • Moderator
                              • Crystal Tier
                              TCGO: donavannj
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2005
                              Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                              Age: 26
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 21,010
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by TogeKisser View Post
                              Have they made a Mega Lopunny EX card yet?
                              Nope. They haven't even made a normal Lopunny EX card yet.
                              __________________
                              idol trash and game nerd
                              Reply With Quote
                              Reply

                              Quick Reply

                              Join the conversation!

                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                              Sponsored Links
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:32 PM.