• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
UPDATE!

rsemg3.png
2lcti0w.png

(Bikes in Beta 2 for Both the Hero & Heroine!)

jtvui8.png
2gt9it4.png

(Atem's Big Introduction into Pokemon Dark Rising. Also, Ash is having some girl issues.)

maglc1.png
10py3yq.png

(Darugis's replacement for V seems to be very arrogant. Genosect looks as scary as ever...)

23wv814.png
qyx2y0.png

(A Final Confrontation with KAYO before him and player have their Last Battle.)

2s7i6hx.png
-ATEM(Most of you know him as Yami Yugi, Big Yugi, etc). After being defeated in a game of Duel Monsters by his Other Half, Yugi, Atem returned to his throne as a Pharoah in the past. However, a couple of days after his return, the Pokemon Giratina, traveled through a dimension hole in time using Dialga and Palkia's powers, and suddenly begins to cause destruction in the time of the Pharoah, Atem. Atem and his soliders's monsters were no match for the power of Giratina. Atem later on finds out the dragon Giratina, along with Dialga and Palkia, is being controled by a darker force known as Darugis. It is Atem's job to make sure anything from the Shadow Relm such as Giratina, does not return and wreck havoc as his old nemisis, Dark Bakura, once did. As Giratina creates a dimensional warp to return back to it's own universe for recovery, Atem grabs on to the dragon's tail and gets warped along with Giratina to a world unfamilar to him known as the Pokemon Universe. He awakens in the Core Region. He believes the only way for him to return home is to stop Giratina, some how, some way.
yknpg.png
-VLADIMIR
684ewz.jpg
-MISTY
sb4il3.png
-ASH & PIKACHU

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Great update ! however i've found some small typo / grammar errors
- In the 4th pic it says " you think may and dawn is better than me.." ( should say are better )
-And second (as Ash had already mentioned in an older post ) Genosect should be genesect
-Finally in the last screen it says "it will be there were will shall have our last battle" ( but it should be were we will have our last battle )
Anyways , they are minor errors :P

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Gam3r
Yeah, I forgot to change Genesect's name in YAPE after Ash mentioned it before.

Since this is a start of a new page, here's the update again in case anyone missed it on the last page. I'll be taking a break from the hack for a day. I'll get back to working on it Tuesday. I've made a bunch of progress, I think I deserve a break. ^.^

rsemg3.png
2lcti0w.png

(Bikes in Beta 2 for Both the Hero & Heroine!)

jtvui8.png
2gt9it4.png

(Atem's Big Introduction into Pokemon Dark Rising. Also, Ash is having some girl issues.)

maglc1.png
10py3yq.png

(Darugis's replacement for V seems to be very arrogant. Genosect looks as scary as ever...)

23wv814.png
qyx2y0.png

(A Final Confrontation with KAYO before him and player have their Last Battle.)

2s7i6hx.png
-ATEM(Most of you know him as Yami Yugi, Big Yugi, etc). After being defeated in a game of Duel Monsters by his Other Half, Yugi, Atem returned to his throne as a Pharoah in the past. However, a couple of days after his return, the Pokemon Giratina, traveled through a dimension hole in time using Dialga and Palkia's powers, and suddenly begins to cause destruction in the time of the Pharoah, Atem. Atem and his soliders's monsters were no match for the power of Giratina. Atem later on finds out the dragon Giratina, along with Dialga and Palkia, is being controled by a darker force known as Darugis. It is Atem's job to make sure anything from the Shadow Relm such as Giratina, does not return and wreck havoc as his old nemisis, Dark Bakura, once did. As Giratina creates a dimensional warp to return back to it's own universe for recovery, Atem grabs on to the dragon's tail and gets warped along with Giratina to a world unfamilar to him known as the Pokemon Universe. He awakens in the Core Region. He believes the only way for him to return home is to stop Giratina, some how, some way.
yknpg.png
-VLADIMIR
684ewz.jpg
-MISTY
sb4il3.png
-ASH & PIKACHU

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
great update DRG. Although Atem's sprite looks a bit weird to me *guess we will see how it looks in the game lol*.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
@_Gam3r
Yeah, I forgot to change Genesect's name in YAPE after Ash mentioned it before.

Since this is a start of a new page, here's the update again in case anyone missed it on the last page. I'll be taking a break from the hack for a day. I'll get back to working on it Tuesday. I've made a bunch of progress, I think I deserve a break. ^.^

No offense but... I see grammar mistakes abound in your hack. For example, when Misty says "You think MAY and Dawn is better then me." It should be "You think MAY and DAWN are better than me." This sort of needs some fixing before the final release, as quite a lot of ROM hackers consider tiny grammar mistakes like this to be unprofessional. Not to mention quite a few of your maps seem to be too similar to FRLG's. But yeah, the gameplay seems to be a plus.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Don't know if these had been said already but here I found 2 errors that can be fixed. In the zip the 1st error is when you are talking to Amaris & she says "I do not knoe" in stead of know & the 2nd pic is a graphic error *bottom left corner*.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Aww.......Babay Formes add more of a twist to the story.
DJG already did this, that's all we need.

No offense but... I see grammar mistakes abound in your hack. For example, when Misty says "You think MAY and Dawn is better then me." It should be "You think MAY and DAWN are better than me." This sort of needs some fixing before the final release, as quite a lot of ROM hackers consider tiny grammar mistakes like this to be unprofessional. Not to mention quite a few of your maps seem to be too similar to FRLG's. But yeah, the gameplay seems to be a plus.
Damn you! Curse you! xD I wanted to mention those grammar errors :/

And of course, Haruka and Hikari are way better than Kasumi =D

**ADD BABY POKEMON FORMES**

(If you know whats good for you....HAHAHA!
You know... you are pretty annoying with this... o.O

Years
Good to see the beta 2 updates....

spended my entire sunday to play this and I must say this hack has one in a millions epic storyline.. Really appreciate again your hard work adn was amazed to find the 5th generation pokes as well as the 4th generation ones... I am currently at Mystic Falls , training my team for that rude trainer who seeks Arceus stone...

Till that area I found dozens of things which are reported below....

1) Commander Z had pokes around lv 37-42 where mine were just 25-29's
2) The description of many moves like Zen Headbutt had Uproar's.
3) Whenever I use VS seeker on some trainers their sprite change and become sort of Shiny...
4) Rival Brock was very over leveled at Aroma Town than my team
5) Super Nerd Chad and Hiker Nob at atlantic path both had same dialogs even when I rematched them..
6) The move tutor inside Atlantic Cave for Stone edge.. Surprisingly only my tynamo could learn that move not even my Boldore...
7) Rival Dray had 50+ team where my team at that point only just 40's
8) I could re battle Professor Ivan as many times inside Battle cave but without his sprite...

Thnx and keep up your work...

Also is the move tutor and deleter available yet in the game???

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Good to see the beta 2 updates....

spended my entire sunday to play this and I must say this hack has one in a millions epic storyline.. Really appreciate again your hard work adn was amazed to find the 5th generation pokes as well as the 4th generation ones... I am currently at Mystic Falls , training my team for that rude trainer who seeks Arceus stone...

Till that area I found dozens of things which are reported below....

1) Commander Z had pokes around lv 37-42 where mine were just 25-29's
2) The description of many moves like Zen Headbutt had Uproar's.
3) Whenever I use VS seeker on some trainers their sprite change and become sort of Shiny...
4) Rival Brock was very over leveled at Aroma Town than my team
5) Super Nerd Chad and Hiker Nob at atlantic path both had same dialogs even when I rematched them..
6) The move tutor inside Atlantic Cave for Stone edge.. Surprisingly only my tynamo could learn that move not even my Boldore...
7) Rival Dray had 50+ team where my team at that point only just 40's
8) I could re battle Professor Ivan as many times inside Battle cave but without his sprite...

Thnx and keep up your work...

Also is the move tutor and deleter available yet in the game???

That's a good question. I completely forgot about those guys. Thanks for letting me know, I'll put both of them together in the 6th city in beta 2 if they aren't already in beta 1. I'm really not sure, I'll look into that.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Lots of references to things and interesting plot line. Making Brock get brain controlled or whatever was kinda 'wtf' but I can see it develop into a more fathomable and interesting concept.

What really bothers me are the trainer sprites and some of the overworlds. I know you're editing/using existing Gamefreak sprites, however some of them are like 5 colors and don't really show depth. Consider fixing them up, or you can check out one of Chesu's tutorials on trainer spriting, they're easy to do even for beginners.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I just finished up everything in the desert FINALLY. It's a really big place and has Alot of stuff in it. Including the chance to get the 2 other fossil pokemon in the hack, Cranidos and Sheldon. Inferno Mountain also has your only chance at getting Darmanitan Zen Mode as well.

Also, I just uploaded a beta 1 patch that fixes the stats of Mismagnius. I saw in yape that it's HP and def was WAY higher then what it really is. For those who battled V and had a lot of trouble with Mismagnius, sorry about that. ^.^

Progress has been a tad bit slow this week so far. But little things here and there that matter have been set up and pretty much all of the major trainer battles have already been set up in A-trainer.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
when i restarted the game and i caught a bulbasaur it wasnt holding anything... i thought the starters hold exp. shares. but can you make a guy/girl give you an exp share?

Back