• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon: GX

tdata

Pokemon GX
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Storyline:
The story is basically this. You have been invited to register for Pok?mon Academy. Well, there are requirements. First you need a Pok?mon. Second you need a GX badge. Third you need money for the dorm. But the last is no trouble... You get a loan and will pay it back. Now you have to go to the registration center in Ottville. So, you leave Hillsboro with a Pok?mon you get from the Prof. You get to ottville and find out that there is a test to get in. You have to beat an examiner, Well you will most likely lose. So you go and train for awhile. Come back and try again. Say you win this time... Well, you get to go to the academy. There you will "learn" how to win Pok?mon battles... You will have to rise in the rankings to pass. You must beat your eight teachers to graduate... Well, you now have beat the game right... nope. Now you get to travel around to gyms and fight ever sort of trainer imaginable... Why would you do this? So you can battle the Elites. The best of the best. You beat them and you get to face the Pok?mon-master.
The Bad-Guys
So, you think you are the best? Nope. Not all trainers want to be in the public eye. Yes, you guessed it... the super powerful bad-guys. But they aren't a team... They target trainers that think they are the best. And crush them to take their Pok?mon. They can beat you without trying... Why? They use odd pokemon... Pok?mon no one has seen the likes of... What will you do...

Screenshots:
The inside of the registration center
PARC.png

The front of the Academy
PA.png

The inside of a mart
Mart.png

Beta Demo

http://afantasy.no-ip.org/Pokemon_GX.zip

I know there is a lot of open space... But I'm not all that good thinking in a little screen...

Music

Spiral OST
RK The Brilliant Collection

All Pok?mon related stuff
Blizzy's Starter Kit

I want a complete bug report if anyone wants to bother... But, don't go down the stairs...

I left this version open so you could fix anything that makes it unplayable... If you fix something, could you send me a txt file of what you changed and why. That way i get some ways to make it better...

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Nice way to twist the new yugioh series into a pokemon form. I think its a good idea but you need to work on your mapping a little. The second screen should have like a road or flowers trees or something. Overall this game looks like it has potential.

bu_doko

My name is TJ!
Years
Hey I love Yu-Gi-Oh GX! This game looks like a way good idea. I agree with
dan48, you should practice on your mapping. Good luck though! :D

tdata

Pokemon GX
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Lol, I saw the Yugioh GX a few years ago... This is just a pokemon version of a game i was making awhile ago. And as for the mapping... I Haven't really worked much on it yet. I figured i should get some of the towns done then go back and get detailed.

tdata

Pokemon GX
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
I Don't watch Dubded anime... I watched the Subbed Version. Tons better... Just look at how Dubbing distroyed Naruto... I'm just stuck in the middle... The Fansub Group i was getting it from Closed due to it being on cartoon network...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Hmm, a Pokemon Academy... Well, if you make it a bit more realistic than Yu-Gi-Oh GX, in terms of the politics, I could see it working. Because I gotta tell you. In most 'Academies', if a guy like Crowler pulled the sort of stuff he does in the show, he'd be canned on the spot.

I look forward to seeing the game.

Scompi

The download for the demo doesn't work...

BUt great game idea!

pokemon500

wanna learn how to use rpg
Years
l like the idea i hope you finished and if it as good as yugioh gx it will be great

tdata

Pokemon GX
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Lol... I doubt it will be that good... The demo link was dead due to my host having to shutdown... It should work now...

pokemon500

wanna learn how to use rpg
Years
dont put ur game down it might be great it might not only time and effort will tell

tdata

Pokemon GX
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Yah, but i've only finished 2 games out od 247+ And they had low ratings.

Give me a few minutes and i'll have a new demo version out for you. I'm starting on the detail mapping up to the school...

On another note... I'm also doing this in VB... Well, not it exactly... but as a learning game. Maybe after that i'll understand how to do different things... I have some good ideas...

tdata

Pokemon GX
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
I decided to change a few things to get my game rolling. I'm removing the battle test and making it a multiple choice test. Also I'm tweaking the story a bit. This is a letter you receive:
December 13, 2005
Dear /v[1],

We are pleased to announce your acceptance into Pok?mon Technical Academy. As was arranged, a loan for Housing and School Supplies will be taken out in your name and placed in trust with the finance office upon completion of the entrance exam. Please have your Pok?mon (1) ready to be inspected. Also place your GX badge [enclosed] on your trainer card. It will grant you access to the campus. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or your local registration center.

Respectfully yours,

travisdatasig.png

Prof. Travis Data
Headmaster
Pok?mon Technical Academy

Also, for those you care... i have a site. http://afantasy.no-ip.org/pokemongx/ it may be up or down depending on my computer. But i hope it stays up. I will try to update it and this thread equally, but it is faster to just update the site... :P There are some newer screenshots on the site... Well. Gotta go... I plan to call off work today, but i have to stay up til 5am to do so... :(

I would like some feedback if anyone wants to give it. Demo will be updated (on the site) ASAP... I just have to "link" the maps together. Also, i'm going to let anyone who reads this post have a tileset i'm working with. It isn't done, but it suits my needs right now. Feel free to use it or not. You can improve it if you really want. Well here it is:
Pokemon_Inside_12-12-2005_Tdata.png

It is my first real try at combining and editing tilesets. A few things, like the stairs that are N-S, are mine. Some Feedback on this would also be helpful.

tdata

Pokemon GX
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Thank you. If you notice, some of the stuff was added as an after thought. That is because i found i needed something so i made or edited it.

tdata

Pokemon GX
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Sorry i haven't updated in weeks. I've been busy at work... Not that i'm not busy now, but i figured i'd post something. I would like this thread deleted. I would like to make a new one when i'm further along.

tdata

Pokemon GX
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Don't know if you are joking or not, so i assume your not.

December 13th, 2005, 09:45 PM
and January 23rd, 2005 07:25 PM
Isn't double posting. It is update posting.

Silon

Amber for Ever!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Ee.. Sorry. I didn't see that. :x Sorry!

Back