• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Recommend Something to the Person Above You

Years
A bit of a forum game spin on the usual hunt for new things to read or watch. The way this works is simple enough, the first poster gives a brief outline of the sort of thing they are looking for/enjoy, the next person gives a recommendation to suit that and an outline of their own and so on and so forth.

ie.

Person 1: I'm looking for a romance/drama anime with well-developed characters.
Person 2: Try Bokura ga Ita.
I'm looking for an action shounen manga.
Person 3: Try My Hero Acadamia. I'm looking for...

Hopefully, some of us will get some good new picks to add to our lists!

To start things off, I want to branch out into manga more, so I'm looking for some shorter drama series to add to my plan to read.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
Hopefully, some of us will get some good new picks to add to our lists!

To start things off, I want to branch out into manga more, so I'm looking for some shorter drama series to add to my plan to read.

Its not a pure drama but I really love this one I recommend Kitsune Spirit, its fluff and comedy, but with surprising character developments.
https://h.mangairo.com/story-lm275346

Let's see and so I actually give a drama...

ok I'd say Parasite in Love, this one is pretty cerebral and a bit slower on updates, but its also REALLY good, both the art style and the author's way of writing just lends itself to capturing your attention and emotion.

https://h.mangairo.com/story-qa280760

hope you like.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
ok now for me...
mostly I'm checking out manga right now, until I can find another anime site, with all the dang shutdowns.
I'm pretty open-minded on what I read provided its not something dumb that takes itself really seriously. So I don't really like revenge power fantasy stuff, 99 percent of the time its just bad.

I think I'd just want something unique, or maybe recommend something personal, like a secret favorite or one that had a deep impact on you.
That way I'm guaranteed something interesting and its more likely to be something I haven't read. :)

Back