I say a lot of words

Age 21
Any
Ohio
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
1,051 posts
3.3 Years
I...really have trouble gauging my feelings on it, but I think my final verdict is "would've greatly preferred a Sw/Sh style remake, even if it ended up with many of the same graphical flaws as those games; it'd be accurate to say I'm disappointed, but at the same time I don't completely hate it, the toylike quality of the whole thing makes me really happy to look at".

Like, this entire game looks like something you'd get in a box (which, I guess technically you do, but you know what I mean). Like a Sinnoh playset. I realize that this isn't exactly an objective, well-thought out critique, but it's just - so adorably fitting to see these plastic-toy vibes on a remake of a game that had li'l me going to Toys R Us for event Pokemon. :3
Age 20
He/Him
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
16 posts
56 Days
I don't like it, it looks ugly, and I don't see how people like it. The game manages to look worse than the original games and the Lets Go games. I see no point of buying the game since its just the same game just in 3d. Why buy it when I can either play the original gen 4 games on my 3ds or on an emulator? I could actually just play Platinum on an emulator.

Sheep

she/her
Online now
Posted 7 Minutes Ago
31,745 posts
14.5 Years
I don't like it, it looks ugly, and I don't see how people like it. The game manages to look worse than the original games and the Lets Go games. I see no point of buying the game since its just the same game just in 3d. Why buy it when I can either play the original gen 4 games on my 3ds or on an emulator? I could actually just play Platinum on an emulator.
Yeah, playing Platinum or even the original DP instead was one of the things I've seen a lot of people say. But at the same time not everyone has access or wants to emulate, and buying the original games officially is usually hard and expensive. Pokémon game prices never seem to go down that much over time. That and I really can't adjust to how slow the menus/battles go in gen IV. @[email protected]

I do agree Let's Go looks nicer, wouldn't have minded if they stuck with that style long-term (with maybe some minor adjustments to the human models, but that's more of my preference). Respect your opinion in not liking this style. I'm more okay with it, but still think it would look so much better with a bit of blur and lighting changes.
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Alex

what will it be next?

Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
6,351 posts
14.3 Years
I love the style personally. I think it's a great choice they've made. I think they were in way over their heads for the original DS system and DPPt could only barely deliver what they intended. This is how the games were intended to look and feel.
IDK HOW MY PFP DOES THAT AN ADMIN DID IT IN 2016 AND HES GONE NOW

Squirtlenator

I'll be back...

He/Him/His
Pallet Town 2029
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
Weren't all games prior to sun and moon in the chibi art style though?

VPP |
credit
Fairy

Xerecies

Age 27
Male
The Mystical Beyond
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
106 posts
4.5 Years
Weren't all games prior to sun and moon in the chibi art style though?
ORAS was done in a linear art style and it's arguable the earlier generations deviated from the chibi style, too.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding

Age 36
Female
NC
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2,069 posts
14.1 Years
ORAS was done in a linear art style and it's arguable the earlier generations deviated from the chibi style, too.
Expect that technology has advanced a lot since then. So, the games really should stick to the current technology instead of going back to the past.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for the Tokyo Crate and get tons of Japanese Snacks delivered straight to your door monthly, mostly Pokemon snacks: http://fbuy.me/mc6Yk
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
649 posts
110 Days
Expect that technology has advanced a lot since then. So, the games really should stick to the current technology instead of going back to the past.
It looks bad though. newer technology just means more options, there are plenty of great games that don't heavily rely on graphics.
The game quality really dropped off when they started moving to console, so if they could make a better game sticking to just hand held,
I doubt anyone would be upset about that.
The A-non Team

Trevenant
Lv. 100 @ 306
Challenge: Souls of the Damned
Legendary: TBA

Chandelure
Lv. 100 @ 213
Challenge: N/A
Legendary: Entei

Ponyta
Lv. 100 @ 497
Challenge: N/A