Sheep

she/her
Seen 25 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
31,741 posts
14.5 Years
How do you feel about the graphics so far? Are you impressed, unimpressed, or in between? Are there any particular details you noticed in the trailer that you were or weren't a fan of?
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Dawn

None
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
16,008 posts
6.5 Years
Unimpressed. That lifelessly bobbing Chingling, the wide empty spaces, the blur...ugh. Whilst I think we will get a game of a slightly high visual quality than Sword and Shield, that isn't saying much at all, and the sense I get from the trailer is one of Game Freak overreaching their capabilities. Again. I know, the trailer isn't necessarily going to reflect the visuals of the final product, but let's face it: it probably does. And honestly, it doesn't matter what the game looks like, it's the open world Pokemon game people have been wanting for years without realising exactly what that is going to look like, so it's going to be critically acclaimed and worshipped even if it looks exactly like Sword and Shield. They don't need to polish it much beyond what they've shown, so they won't.

VPPGame Journal ✩ Paired with Dusk ❤ ✩

Sheep

she/her
Seen 25 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
31,741 posts
14.5 Years
^Yeah, I get that point. :x The Chingling had very noticeable stutter/delay, I'm hopeful that won't actually be present in the final release.

The graphics themselves I'm fine with, I actually find them pretty nice for the most part! But I really wish they could make Pokémon more expressive in these games, especially since they're all about exploration and focus on your surroundings/Pokémon. Bonking them with Poké Balls and not seeing the nearby ones react at all definitely makes the whole thing seem a bit stiff and lifeless. Still, it's the early days and we have more previews to see later, so hopefully it won't be as glaring.
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever
Seen 29 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
649 posts
110 Days
hmm, First impression it looks amazing, because we've never seen a pokemon game like this.

But the colors/textures are kind of muddy looking. I'd say it has the same lack of contrast problems in the other new gen 4 remake.
Needs better lighting and shading.

Which is weird to me, because that's a problem that doesn't at all exist in pokemon snap.
The A-non Team

Trevenant
Lv. 100 @ 306
Challenge: Souls of the Damned
Legendary: TBA

Chandelure
Lv. 100 @ 213
Challenge: N/A
Legendary: Entei

Ponyta
Lv. 100 @ 497
Challenge: N/A
Legendary: Entei

Eevee
Lv. 100 @ 708
Challenge: TBA

Budew
Lv. 100 @ 794
Challenge: TBA

Flowerchild

Age 22
She/Her
Hyperspace
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
8,198 posts
10.9 Years
as someone who loved the bright flat aesthetic of LGPE, this looks like a similar thing but with more detailed textures. i'll take it! at very least it seems SO much better than what the dppt remakes are slated to look like
PairFamily

Hybrid Trainer

Age 26
Him/Them
«UK»
Seen 33 Minutes Ago
Posted 46 Minutes Ago
2,066 posts
12.4 Years
I'd have to say I'm undecided still. I'm happy that it seems to be an improvement on SwSh and the whole wild area fiasco, I still feel like they're a little off.
When I look at a game like Breath of the Wild, I'm just in awe of how pretty it all is. When I look at the LoA trailer I notice all the low res textures, and I feel like that's because it's trying to look too realistic. If they'd gone with a more lax cartoon-y style (think BotW, not BDSP) then they could've gotten away with the low res textures instead.

All in all I'm hoping that they clean up some of the textures and animations in the year+ that they've still got to work on this because it has a hell of a lot of potential

gimmepie

Age 25
Male
Australia
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
Personally, everything I saw look aesthetically really nice and it gave me the vibe of a middle ground between SwSh and BotW that I really like. There might be a couple of small specific things that could be improved on, but there's time to fix them up before release and they aren't major enough to impact my enjoyment anyway.
Staff Anime Villain Collab • Petelgeuse Romanee-Conti • My brain trembles!